Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Ive had multiple dungeon runs where the roll screen didnt even pop, the first time i did coren with my girlfriend she looted the spelltrinket when she clicked his body,

No rolls included.
    You do know that the loot roll window is not visable anymore unless you open it. with that said coren his look is unique so you cant roll twice for the same item i believe.
    On the other hand it would be a bit strange if the tank had the spell trinket. but yeah these days i`m not surprised

Quote Originally Posted by jd812 View Post
    You must be a young child or not have any respect or morals?
    Or he realizes that if you don't consider someone farming for 8 hours to get one piece of loot only to have it stolen by someone who will most likely never use it a ninja, then why should you spending the whole of ten minutes clearing some trash, and being too stupid to realize they were obviously going to tag the rare (that is free for anyone to tag regardless of well anything) that was out in the open untagged.

obviously you are also a ninja so this kind of behavior is ok with you
    lol the answer to "I know this guy has just refuted everything I said but, but lets call him a ninja. Yeah that's gonna win this argument for me"
    I have to ask are you the young child?

There should be a priority system where you get prio depending on your spec and that would solve all these issues. Queue as dps you get dps gear prio, queue as healer you get healing gear prio and so on. The loot system has never been fair in wow.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    LFD is used as a way to both get main and off-spec gear. Please do consider that there are, for instance, DPS'ers out there, who do not have good enough gear to heal/tank. So instead of being an idiot, cheating the ilvl system, he signs up as DPS and needs on healing/tanking gear. As such he would improve his healing/tanking gear, instead of screwing over the group by showing up in mediocre healing/tanking gear that wouldn't have granted him a spot in the LFD system without using his DPS gear to boost his ilvl.

There are on the other hand to many just needing to vendor or DE. Those are more of a problem, than those actually using the item they needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    When someone rolls on something that doesn't serve their role, I just stop what I'm doing and ask them to do it. Healer took my trinket the other day, he got really mad when I got the Hunter to MD to him and then asked him why he was such a fucking terrible tank.

sorry to tell u this op but that is not being a ninja, but i can give u an example of something that happened to me today that i feel was a ninja. I was questing in kun-lai and i spot a rare, but it has 9 other creatures around it so i start clearing them i notice someone stop by on there flying mount, just hovering there. So I whisper them and ask if they want in, as i have cleared 6 of the creatures so far but no answer, so I proceed to pull another, all the while they are still hovering.

I killed it, then pulled the last 2, I was close enough to the rare that i couldve tagged it, but not to close to aggro it. This guy has been hovering now for about 6 or 7 min. So I'm fighting the last 2. 1 under 50k health the other about half dead. And then boom this guy dismounts, drops right on the rare, and tags it. I whisper him, I said are you going to invite, I just spent almost 10 min clearin out the trash, while you watched me? No answer. So I'm just standing there now, dumfounded, as I watch it's health hit the 3 quarter mark.

And then I notice there are 2 of them, They was on a vial of the sands, so I didnt see them both right away. Then they get him to half health and one yells out, " Aww the druid just wants a hug, Ahahahaha lol" word for word. Then they proceed to kill it mount up and fly away, all the while laughing at me. Now that is a ninja in my book.
    Sorry to say but what those two players did was not ninja'ing. The rare mob is fair play to anyone if still untagged. Clearing the mobs around it does not make it your rare. When I see a rare untagged I race to it and tag it and then figure out how to deal with additional mobs. I don't stop and look if anyone else might want the mob or is in the proces of getting to the mob. If I did that I'd never tag a rare in the first place.

That said, those guys were complete douchebags. I can't stand such horrible, despicable behaviour. Sorry you were the victim of such unnecessary griefing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratcliff View Post
    Did Blizzard ever explain why a healer can roll on dps trinkets? Or why me, a warlock, can roll need on spirit gear?
    Well I think I can, if healers were only allowed to roll on healing gear they would stop running heroics after they got what they wanted from it.... ergo longer queues because there's a lack of healers. May not be fun to experience, but being able to roll for an offspec at least keeps them queueing...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post
    LFD is used as a way to both get main and off-spec gear. Please do consider that there are, for instance, DPS'ers out there, who do not have good enough gear to heal/tank. So instead of being an idiot, cheating the ilvl system, he signs up as DPS and needs on healing/tanking gear.
    Heoric-ready gear can be easyly obtained in 5 minutes after hitting 90. For both specs. Without cheating the system or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostburn View Post
    Because Blizzard doesn't want to take the extra step to prevent it from happening is why.
    Because the LFG isn't a place to just gear your Main Spec, but also your Off Spec. Where else am I going to get DPS Leather Gear to get me into Raids when my Guild needs me to go DPS? Stop feeling entitled to the gear that drops, if someone can take it, chances are they could use it.

Work as Intended and I approve.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post
    LFD is used as a way to both get main and off-spec gear. Please do consider that there are, for instance, DPS'ers out there, who do not have good enough gear to heal/tank. So instead of being an idiot, cheating the ilvl system, he signs up as DPS and needs on healing/tanking gear. As such he would improve his healing/tanking gear, instead of screwing over the group by showing up in mediocre healing/tanking gear that wouldn't have granted him a spot in the LFD system without using his DPS gear to boost his ilvl.

There are on the other hand to many just needing to vendor or DE. Those are more of a problem, than those actually using the item they needed.
    Started tanking heroic LFD in half greens on my tank. You don't need full BiS heroic gear to tank them. Unlike Cata they are ridiculously easy to tank/heal in really crappy gear without making it a nightmare on the rest of your group.

When I run on my plate tank, if I see DPS plate drop and no other plate DPSers are in the group I will roll on it. If there is a plate DPSer, I check the /loot window and see if they roll need or not. If they don't, I need, if they do, I pass.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
    Heoric-ready gear can be easyly obtained in 5 minutes after hitting 90. For both specs. Without cheating the system or anything else.
    You can get into the Heroics, but then what? You're not allowed to take any gear to gear up both your raiding specs?

Deleted
    my tank is yet to find a head piece from Mop.. on the spirit kings atm, and yet to see a headpiece...

had to buy a ilvl 450 one tho.. i want my meta gem -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Check this out, ran dung with 2 friends (scholo). This awesome agi trinket dropped... And I was unable to roll need. As a hunter. I meant like - wtf? Then I realised I am the ONLY GOD DAMN ONE in the group unable to do so (my friends, healer priest and mage were able). It ended up alright, as my friends won this item for me and simply traded, but still, wtf.
    This sounds more like a bug.
    Blizzard stated that they don't want to restrict "need" button for only 1 role because gearing for OS (which a lot of people want nowadays) would be much more difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by chop0080 View Post
    To me this is an easy fix. Change the roll system to MS/OS/Greed/DE. If its not your spec you are locked out and can roll OS for it and so on. People using the whole "I need my OS gear" is a cop out and cheap at best. Either that or do like they did with the lfr give the ms person a bonus to each roll. If a tank trinket drops and the douche dps wants to roll on it fine but the tank gets a +40 to his roll.

This behavior is a direct result of an anonymous atmosphere and that's bad.

Everyone who has this particular mindset is plain out stupid. So we add MS / OS/ Greed / DE. What is there to stop a tank from taking all the tank gear just to vendor or DE later on, leaving the dps who would have actually used it for OS up the creek? Not only that, there are certain classes like Druid or Monk that use same gear for multiple specs, would a tank monk be hindered on "dps" leather cause it has crit instead of dodge?

Now i always pass if someone actually needs something and im just going for OS. But people need to understand that the 5 man LFD system is for gearing up. If tanks could not roll on DPS gear, how do you expect them to queue as dps instead of as tank? makes zero sense. Anyways, everyone should just grow a pair, stop acting like these pixels rule your life!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    You can get into the Heroics, but then what? You're not allowed to take any gear to gear up both your raiding specs?
    Yes - because what's the point of tanking/healing a dungeon, when you may even take the tank/heal equip as dd?

In fact, the most kickvotes I started, because of a shitty asshole taking things for his OS I need for my MS, were actually successful.
    Otherwise I leave the group.

I don't ever do LFD as DD, but I already got a raid-ready armor set just by taking things nobody needs for his MS.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
    Yes - because what's the point of tanking/healing a dungeon, when you may even take the tank/heal equip as dd?

In fact, the most kickvotes I started, because of a shitty asshole taking things for his OS I need for my MS, were actually successful.
    Otherwise I leave the group.

I don't ever do LFD as DD, but I already got a raid-ready armor set just by taking things nobody needs for his MS.
    So you vote kicked people who are trying to gear up their alternative specs? You sounds like the ass, not them.

Deleted
    There is no such thing as Ninja'ing gear in LFG.

When you join a group you agree to the loot rules. In LFG the loot rules are if you can need you are allowed to need.

If you dont like the rules, make your own group, shove on master looter and distribute the loot however you want.

Deleted
    I don't get why you people seem to agree that's it's ok to roll need on an item which someone else needs for ms, even if it's the only available drop in that slot, they don't pvp and the justice points item is horrible. The current dungeons have such an item for almost every spec. If you're unlucky it could take weeks to get it, but it's ok to roll need on it for os -.- I don't get it, srry.

Deleted
    It reminds me of Diablo 2. Just grab what you can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    So you vote kicked people who are trying to gear up their alternative specs? You sounds like the ass, not them.
    I don't support this behavior. As long as the majority of the group is with me, I am right. Democracy actually works sometimes.
    You think I'm an ass? I am completely OK with that. I think people needing for their OS, when others need for MS are assholes.
    And I don't even want to play with them. So I suppose kickvote or leave is the best for anyone. Because - well - that's what kickvoting is for. Removing players from a group, the majority of the other group members want out.

When they want to gear their OS, they should actually play their OS.
    It's not that hard to gear up for heroics. Only needs a little gold.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkwouter View Post
    I don't get why you people seem to agree that's it's ok to roll need on an item which someone else needs for ms, even if it's the only available drop in that slot, they don't pvp and the justice points item is horrible. The current dungeons have such an item for almost every spec. If you're unlucky it could take weeks to get it, but it's ok to roll need on it for os -.- I don't get it, srry.
    That's exactly what I think.