Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    we all know where you're heading with this.. "we want tabards"

you got used to not having to do anything to gain everything and you cant handle it now.
    Out of those 63 factions at exalted only a handful were done with tabards. Dunno which game you have been playing though.
    Daily quests just give so few rep that you get the feeling those damn pandas don't even want you there.

Deleted
    You'll get a lot of the "M8 YOU DONET HAF TO DO DEM" bullshit as usual on here.

I totally agree with what you are saying, personally I would of loved a giant quest storyline for each faction while leveling that gets you at least to Revered with each faction. I don't mind having to work for reputations, but being limited to the same dailies everyday is just not fun at all.

Klaxxi and Golden Lotus are easy to get exalted with though, especially now with the bonfire +10% rep, i got exalted before that came out (so it's really helping my shado pan rep, i've even missed days for dailies, and i'm still half way through shado pan).

Golden Lotus, i guess if you're lucky enough to get 3 keys, you can unlock the chests and hit the epic and blue rep gaining drops (the epic ones give a LOT of rep). Plus with the bonfire halloween event thing.

easy. it's certainly not another netherwing, Ogri'la or the one i hated skyguard.

At least the Klaxxi dailies take around 10 mins with puppet and raining blood.

As for taking damage and healing as a ret, switch to Seal of Insight, yes you lose some DPS... but you never heal and as long as you don't do anything stupid (like 2 manning the arena scenario after someone left) you'll do fine (we did complete that scenario.. just).

Oh yeah learn all the tricks, like the fact if you're doing cloud serpent dailies and your fishing for those 10 things and some golden fish for the cakes. (if you fish near the actual quest givers, nat pagle quest item which relates to a trap drops... some rep for Nat but.. it also gives angler rep). easy and it's repeatable.

what? so is the golden lotus chest thing if you get a key... and get an epic rep drop (thunder kings something) +350 rep not including humans bonus, mr popularity etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Capping is a pain in the ass and I don't think I capped once in the month I played. That's a fucking commitment in and of itself. They have a system in place to upgrade existing gear with daily points and according to twitter it was ready for launch but they decided to hold it off. It's a good idea I guess not something I particularly like though. Upgrading gear is literally trading in points for points. Buying new gear with valor felt more rewarding I dont know. I'd rather not be stuck with upgraded versions of the same shoulders I've already had for a month or two. I guess valor gear was to good and we had it to easy.
    Since i like dailies and have been doing Lotus/Klaxxi/Serpents/Tillers/Anglers and lately Shado and Celestials as well it's fairly easy to reach the weekly cap for me. I like the +50% buff to vp for all alts but it seems silly to boost the rate you're gaining vp when there is nothing to spend it on

As much as i like those dailies i'm not going to do them twice a day just to be able to spend vp on alts

I'll reserve my judgement of the vp upgrade system until i've seen in it action but if it works without major issues i should be fine with it since we can transmog our gear. Also, there will still be new tier sets so it's not all old gear

People cry to blizzard wah I never leave org or stormwind! Blizzard adds tons of dailies pet battles scenarios and such to do. Now people are crying Wah blizzard I have to much to do! They just cant win.

there needs to be a few mounts hidden away behind a grind that simply isn't fun. if it's fun everyone does it. it's like the talbuks, not everyone had those because they didn't throw them at you, they took time and commitment and a certain sense of "i'm gonna get that no matter what"

I like em. Gives me something to do while waiting for folks to log for raid. Or during que times etc.
    Have A Nice Day (HVND)

good thing valor gears arent at exalted...
    got revered with lotus, never looked back

Deleted
    I don't mind them, I do all of them every day, only takes me an hour, listen to some music.

The only dailies I ever really enjoyed doing were isle of quel'danas because everyone was grounded and there was always an alliance vs horde warzone that would last for ages, people would go to shattrath and spam /2 OMG there is a freakin WAR in isle! come quick!
    Then shit loads more would come and it would be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclekreepy View Post
    oh look , more wrath babies crying about dailies

you aren't forced to do dailies .. get over it
    This. Stop complaining about optional content. It's there for players that aren't lazy or bad unlike yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    pffff Thorium was CAKE compared to stupid fucking furlbogs. Fucking Timbermaw....
    While I agree with your points about current MoP dailies I will say without a doubt I see your Timbermaw rep and raise you the ORIGINAL Cenarion Circle rep. For an entire summer I farmed those damn camps and I am not talking a couple hours to hand it texts. I mean 6-8 hours of solid killing, text collecting, stone farming madness each and every day for 3 months.

I still wake up sometimes in the middle of the night hugging my pillow wishing I could have that summer back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
    Since i like dailies and have been doing Lotus/Klaxxi/Serpents/Tillers/Anglers and lately Shado and Celestials as well it's fairly easy to reach the weekly cap for me. I like the +50% buff to vp for all alts but it seems silly to boost the rate you're gaining vp when there is nothing to spend it on

As much as i like those dailies i'm not going to do them twice a day just to be able to spend vp on alts

I'll reserve my judgement of the vp upgrade system until i've seen in it action but if it works without major issues i should be fine with it since we can transmog our gear. Also, there will still be new tier sets so it's not all old gear
    That system isn't as rewarding as getting a piece of gear. It just isn't. Keeping the same pair of shoulders and upgrading them (literally trading points for points) is a massive skinner box, it makes it so obvious what this game is about and is just not as rewarding as getting a new piece of gear. I go from being a troll warrior getting a shiny new shiny to a pig at the trough.

My best advice to the OP is to stop doing them. You'll eventually realize how little you have to do (progression wise) outside of LFR or Raiding and then if that's still worth 15 a month to you congratulations.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-29 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    I stopped playing 2 days after MoP release when i realised it's just the same old shit re-released no imagination, no creativity.
    No man, you didn't play MoP at all, You claimed GW2 is the Best Game Ever ("the pinacle of the game industry" acording to you) ,
    and you will never play WoW again , so go back to your silly forums and keep playing precoz emotional game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I've tried doing the dailies, I have. I've tried them in both ret and prot. Retribution just feels bad for me to do dailies. I'm just taking so much damage and it's nearly insane how much I need to heal myself.
    how do you manage to do bad dps and or taking insane dmg? perhaps you dont know how to play your class?

Deleted
    They only seem bad if you're both a) Doing the golden lotus grind and b) Going for exalted.

If all you care about is VP gear from being revered, it's really easy to get there. If you're going for exalted, once you have golden lotus capped out you only have about 10 quests a day to do for celestials and shado-pan (and celestials will be exalted in another 6 days for me), that seems perfectly reasonable.

Chances are that if you're hellbent on exalted, you're at the point where you only need to do 10 quests a day already.
    If you're not that driven to hit exalted, then either don't do them or space them out a bit more - pick one faction and screw the rest, do them later.

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    I stopped playing 2 days after MoP release when i realised it's just the same old shit re-released no imagination, no creativity.
    Yet its better than any other MMO currently on the market.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, the reps are not bad, I am exalted with golden lotus/lorewalkers/serpents, and revered with Klaxxi/Shado-Pan/August Celestials. Since hitting exalted with Golden lotus i have rationed my reps down to every now and than. I don't need the gear because i have better from LFR/World bosses. I don't see what the big deal is. My fiancee is only a bit behind me and she works a quite annoying schedule. It is not a hard grind, nor does it compare in repetitiveness as to that as some early Vanilla grinds. I am quite happy with the way the game is now, and hope they don't change it too much.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    the ORIGINAL Cenarion Circle rep.
    dgtyvhubynyuni7o

oh my god why did it exist

awadqsafqdqwfed

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what all the fuss is about, it's just sheer laziness. I have a full time job, 6 month old baby, family, 4 dogs, play other games... yet I still have time, and motivation to do the dailies.

It is sheer laziness wanting everything handed to them on a plate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post

It is sheer laziness wanting everything handed to them on a plate.
    *sigh* Of course now the army of people who've adopted the protestant work ethic come out and insist every should have to "work" for their gear. It makes me wonder how many of you have actually held a fucking job in your lives?