Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Whats that suposed to mean ? If youre only pugging of course ppl will never try to do it whithout the debuf if youre on a progresison guild that dont have a very tight raid schedule due to RL like mine is (we raid 8 hours a week) the debufs are welcome but once you clear the content you always want a chalenge and try to do it whithout the debuf (like we did in DS, we went 8/8 H them tried doing whithout the debuf, got stuck on Spine but heck it was fun).
    You have got to be the exception to the rule. Who would do a fight with a (for example) %10 buff, clear the raid, then think "You know what would be fun? That same instance with the exact same mechanics but %10 harder."

There is a reason heroics incorporate new mechanics as opposed to just upping boss HP+damage.

That said, I really don't have a problem with blizzard popping in %30 nerfs AS LONG AS IT HAPPENS WHEN THAT IS NO LONGER CURRENT CONTENT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Defeating the instances without a debuff gives a feat of strength now, definitely worth killing without the debuff at least once to say you did it.

As someone who hasn't even come close to clearing MSV on normal yet, I hope that buff is not coming any time soon. For reals, that would be ridiculous. Wait till next tier (not next raid) is released, at least.

A lot of uninformed people in this thread. There will be nerfs, it was brought up during beta. Hoping it isn't so won't change it. Referencing the precedent for this only happening in the last tier won't change it. It's already been confirmed:

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7485
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7486
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7487

Those achievements are why people will turn the debuff off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Why sure it does. It's been a whole month since releasing a new expansion. Everyone who isn't 6/6H by now obviously *needs* it. In fact, let's skip 5% and go straight to 50 - you can turn it off, after all.
    can't think futher than your nose? Not so hard to understand that he ment the time when the buff comes, witch usually is in the end of the tier..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryotte View Post
    As someone who hasn't even come close to clearing MSV on normal yet, I hope that buff is not coming any time soon. For reals, that would be ridiculous. Wait till next tier (not next raid) is released, at least.
    Exactly this. MSV and HoF are currently current content. When terrace comes out HoF and MSV will STILL be current content. When the next tier set comes out in 5.2/w.e, THEN it is fine to throw in nerfs, not at all before.
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will quit if they do the nerf. If you seriously can't manage to run MGV 6/6 you are terrible at what you do, or you need to find a new guild. Like, there are some guilds on my server that are between 1/6-4/6. And it has been 4ish weeks since release. I'm tired of blizzard catering to the shitty players in this game. If they want something easy go play Rift or Hello Kitty Online or something. Holy crap on a Popsicle stick. Casuals ruined this game. And I don't give a flying donkeys nipple if "most casuals were hardcore before". No, they weren't. Most casuals today are the 10-15 year olds, and the grandpas and grandmas that play this game.

This thread has become a retard fest.

Number 1, they've clearly stated LFR is for the people who can't invest a great deal of time to raid or are just bad.

2) Normals are for those in the middle.

3) Hard modes are for those who want the defeat the most challenging content.

PLAY YOUR POSITION.

Quit asking for nerfs so soon, yes it will undoubtedly happen, but hopefully not until 1-2 months before T15 and when the T14 race is concluded..

And for those saying turn it off? No. Wait till the end to get your hand outs. The nerfs ruin progression when a scrub guild uses a 30% nerf to get a faster kill over a guild that doesn't. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    You have got to be the exception to the rule. Who would do a fight with a (for example) %10 buff, clear the raid, then think "You know what would be fun? That same instance with the exact same mechanics but %10 harder."

There is a reason heroics incorporate new mechanics as opposed to just upping boss HP+damage.

That said, I really don't have a problem with blizzard popping in %30 nerfs AS LONG AS IT HAPPENS WHEN THAT IS NO LONGER CURRENT CONTENT.
    Nerfing non curent content is pointless, the enw gear form the enw content is a nerf on the old content on itself theres no need ot nerf it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaer View Post
    Defeating the instances without a debuff gives a feat of strength now, definitely worth killing without the debuff at least once to say you did it.
    This is pretty much another proof theyll use the progressive debufing system on this tie rof raiding, they even implemented the feat of strenght there and i think you cant actualy get it if the debuf have been rolled out, you only get it if you clear the thing before debufs are live even if you turn the debuf off after they hit live you dont get this feat of str.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    I heard they're starting the DS/wotlk style nerfs/buffs soon, anyone hear when the first date is for the 5%?
    if they are smart.. never. MSV is not that hard. actually.. its really not hard at all

*~*A true troll, doesn't even realize he is trolling until he sees me behind him with my troll hunting axe

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    I will quit if they do the nerf. If you seriously can't manage to run MGV 6/6 you are terrible at what you do, or you need to find a new guild. Like, there are some guilds on my server that are between 1/6-4/6. And it has been 4ish weeks since release. I'm tired of blizzard catering to the shitty players in this game. If they want something easy go play Rift or Hello Kitty Online or something. Holy crap on a Popsicle stick. Casuals ruined this game. And I don't give a flying donkeys nipple if "most casuals were hardcore before". No, they weren't. Most casuals today are the 10-15 year olds, and the grandpas and grandmas that play this game.
    I pay the same sub as you, what a vry elitist attitude u hav. Some peepl hav a job and deserve to see the content but not on LFr becaus thats 2 ez tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully never. Players need to raise their game to see the content. We had a dps player in our first guild run that was doing about 17K. We called a 5 min break, sent him to a website that wasn't EJ for quick and easy tips, enchanted 3 or 4 of his items and was doing 35K the very next attempt. If your guild is failing to take down content it is probably due to having too many players like this, and it is that easy to rectify.

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Guys, you can't just 'turn off' a %5 buff if you are a progression raider, it defeats the point.
    Someone who understands.
    If they implement a buff/debuff for the raid and you are a progression based guild you have to either really step up your game (which is probably not possible) or use the buff/debuff like all your competition. This goes for recruitment purposes as well.

probably won't happen in the next 1-2 months time since we haven't even gotten to the final raid this tier yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Conzar View Post
    Hopefully never. Players need to raise their game to see the content. We had a dps player in our first guild run that was doing about 17K. We called a 5 min break, sent him to a website that wasn't EJ for quick and easy tips, enchanted 3 or 4 of his items and was doing 35K the very next attempt. If your guild is failing to take down content it is probably due to having too many players like this, and it is that easy to rectify.
    Was this player a tank or healer? 35k is below our tanks dps on a non add encounter.

This is pretty much another proof theyll use the progressive debufing system on this tie rof raiding, they even implemented the feat of strenght there and i think you cant actualy get it if the debuf have been rolled out, you only get it if you clear the thing before debufs are live even if you turn the debuf off after they hit live you dont get this feat of str.
    Then why is the wording of the achievement "inactive or disabled"?

Its always fun to see the tears running, the complaining and whining, the 'I did it without nerfs and no-one else should' qq'ing.

Its delicious, honestly.

Blizzard will nerf it when they feel its necessary. End of story, move on to harder content or turn off the buff if you're not happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerfing non curent content is pointless, the enw gear form the enw content is a nerf on the old content on itself theres no need ot nerf it.
    There is no need to nerf fucking anything, yet Blizzard seems intent on doing so.

One way the issue you've raised could be alleviated is making the difficulty jump from T14-T15 be very large, therefor making it very important your raid has 490ilv before getting any T15 kills. That would make MSV/HoF/TotE still a viable gearing strat, and thats the point they could nerf it to make it feasable for more casual guilds.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    A lot of uninformed people in this thread. There will be nerfs, it was brought up during beta. Hoping it isn't so won't change it. Referencing the precedent for this only happening in the last tier won't change it. It's already been confirmed:

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7485
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7486
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7487

Those achievements are why people will turn the debuff off.
    This. I forsee we will have 6-8 months of this tier, so when they will hit 30% nerfs with a 5% per months system, we won't see nerfs until early december probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Zxzas View Post
    1) Lol at RIFT being an easier game.
    2) Unlike yourself most casual players have RL responsibilities that prevent them from raiding 4 hours a night 5 nights a week. Which honestly doesn't have beans to do with difficulty. So honestly I am not sure where you are going with that other than to be insulting to a group of people.
    3) Can I have your stuff?