Thread: Now I am bitter

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Now I am bitter

I decided to start on the Golden Lotus dailies a few days ago, since it will be a while before I have the time to focus on dungeons - been very busy at work.

So, when I reached friendly with them, I wanted to buy the neck piece, but I need JP for that?? And looking further down the list, since I will get to honored in a week or so, I see I am going to need VP.

But the dailies I do will not give me enough for even the cheapest piece when I finally reach honored.

So, after all the time invested in the dailies, I will not have enough currency to purchase what I want and I guess it is going to be the same for the Shado-Pan, etc.?

I thought MoP was all about us doing the content we want, but I am still forced to do certain other content which I don't have time for now, to gear up even slightly.

Where is the best place to get JP in MoP?

Best place to get JP is from heroics.

The dailies are only meant to supplement the JP pool. not be a replacement.

MoP was not all about doing the content you wanted. It is about diversifying content, and giving you more options. I know plenty of people who want to sit AFK in Org and get a piece of loot every hour. That's not something I see Blizzard implementing.

If you want to gear up, do heroics and LFR, takes the same time as dailies.

If you want the daily rewards, then you get to do dailies.

Dailies and their rewards aren't mandatory, it's been scientifically proven.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post

If you want the daily rewards, then you get to do dailies.
    Great, I have decided that I want to the dailies for the rewards. But it seems that the dailies does not give JP, so even though I have the appropriate reputation with the Golden Lotus, I cannot get the rewards, because I have to grind dungeons or something else to get the currency.

So, your suggestion is not going to work.

Deleted
    if you keep doing dailies you will eventually be able to afford the item. they dont give you epic loot for doing one set of 10 minute dailies a day

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you talking about VP or JP?

JP is only gained from killing heroic-level dungeon bosses. VP is gained from dailies, dungeons, raiding, scenarios, and LFR. You can max out your 1k VP a week if you do the dailies every single day, or you can mix & match with the aforementioned paths.

Give it time. What does it matter if it takes an extra week? You made it clear you've been busy at work and haven't had the time available to play that much so how important is it that you have that neck this week vs next week.

Deleted
    Welcome to "Gates of Pandaria"
    pretty much every single bit of end game PVE content has been gated.

Want to get VP items to help fill bits in ? Sure Go grind dailys for a couple of weeks
    Want some crafting plans ? No problems, Go do a Ton of dailies.
    Want to raid ? Excellent, However were going to gate them for a couple of months.

Not that I personally mind as it does stretch out the content quite a bit.

Dunno if you dislike pvp or not, but a nice way to gain JP without doing dungeons, is to do the call to arms BG's, and convert your honor to JP's (i know its not solving the whole issue) but the way BG's are today, full of bots, you can pretty much just do what you want and gain honor pretty easily win or lose ( when its full of bots i tend to just run round trying to cap bases in EoTS and AB trying to stay one step ahead of the conga lines lol. can be quite entertaining. Still takes a bit of time.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rep Blues are meant as RNG filler, not a valid means of gearing up. Their ilvl is lower and we gain currency at a slower rate than previous expansions. You can't just grind badges for two days and have a full set of gear like you could in wrath. Those blues are there for when you decide you have been shafted for the last time in a dungeon and you're just gonna buy the piece rather than queue again.

PvP is actually a faster way to gain JP as honor is earned at the Cata rate and the exchange remains the same.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

I'd just complete heroics and get what you need, it's what I did.

Gotta love people who claim they don't have that much time to play then complain about how long it takes to get gear. Maybe I should tell my boss that I don't want to wait the 10 years it takes for me to get 4 weeks of vacation because I simply don't have the time nor desire to put in the effort to make it to 10 years and he should give me that extra week of vacation now.

If people want instant gratification then solitaire is the game for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Gotta love people who claim they don't have that much time to play then complain about how long it takes to get gear. Maybe I should tell my boss that I don't want to wait the 10 years it takes for me to get 4 weeks of vacation because I simply don't have the time nor desire to put in the effort to make it to 10 years and he should give me that extra week of vacation now.

If people want instant gratification then solitaire is the game for them.
    Did I say it takes too long to get the gear?

I am quite willing to spend months doing the dailies now that I have decided to do them. But I am forced to do PvP or dungeons as well to get JP to purchase reputation rewards and that is what I don't like.

They should have made the daily grind as long as they want, but let me buy the gear with gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Did I say it takes too long to get the gear?

I am quite willing to spend months doing the dailies now that I have decided to do them. But I am forced to do PvP or dungeons as well to get JP to purchase reputation rewards and that is what I don't like.

They should have made the daily grind as long as they want, but let me buy the gear with gold.
    There is only so many different ways they can make things work before it becomes too much. Either it becomes too easy (buying with gold would turn WoW into a buy-to-win game), or the choices are so numerous that people are turned off to even playing.

If you want the gear, you need to put in the work for it, the same as everyone else.

The JP gear is quite bad. If you really wanted gear, go spend that time on heroics instead of dailies. A lot of the gear from VP only requires honored (cape,rings,neck,bracers). 4-5 heroics a day will get you valor cap and 463 gear in less time than dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    If you want the gear, you need to put in the work for it, the same as everyone else.
    this thread just wiped on sha of happiness..

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Great, I have decided that I want to the dailies for the rewards. But it seems that the dailies does not give JP, so even though I have the appropriate reputation with the Golden Lotus, I cannot get the rewards, because I have to grind dungeons or something else to get the currency.

So, your suggestion is not going to work.
    Im sorry but your talking shit, if you have enough time to grind rep with Golden Lotus, you have time to run one or two heroics, even as a solo dps in a que, even if you miss one day of dailies to get the jp, there is time.

Sounds to me as its more, you can't be arsed to do Heroics, and you just want JP spoonfed to you because you've done dailies, (ignoring the fact the awesome none combat rewards you get for getting exalted)
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Why do you need to gear up if you aren't going to do dungeons?

Have you even tried doing them? They take about the same amount of time as a set of dailies.

Deleted
    wait this is a "whine" thread about Justice point gear? the blue ilvl458 gear that some factions vendors sell so you can fill up spots for which a dungeon hasnt dropped a ilv463 item?

if it was about VP i could have understood a bit, but JP ..... come on those are obtainable by running dungeons as soon as you hit 68. its not hard collecting some of them >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There is only so many different ways they can make things work before it becomes too much. Either it becomes too easy (buying with gold would turn WoW into a buy-to-win game), or the choices are so numerous that people are turned off to even playing.

rep gear has almost always been bought with gold