Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    No, not really. The only example I can think of is Lylat Wars on the N64 which flows at a lot slower framerate than I remember, despite the fact that I found it enjoyable and challenging at the time of purchse.

To a degree yes, I can't get myself to play some of the very very old titles. While i managed to endure the graphics from Ultima Underworld and Ultima 7, I just can;t play the older ones( ultima 6 and under). The grapichs are just too horrible and I'm really taken out of the game by them.

Gameplay>> Graphics. I still play Heroes 3 and CS 1.6 from time to time and graphics don't bother me at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

As long as the gameplay is solid and the controls are tight, I don't give a damn about the graphics.

Outdated graphics? no, outdated interface, yes. If you go back and play C&C for example, you have to click to build each unit individually, it gets tedious when compared with the fantastic evolution of being able to queue stuff up. I am a graphics whore but they don't count one penny toward actual gameplay, if it looks good and plays poorly, you have a shit game, the reverse and you have a great game with sub par graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just recently started playing FFVII for the first time because it's so highly recommended. Having grown up on SNES and PS1 graphics it doesn't really bother me. To me games aren't about high tech graphics, as a matter of fact, I wish games would cut back a bit on the flashy graphics so they could cut production costs on the artwork and put it into something better, like hiring better writers for storyline.

Nah, I always default back to some age old games when I'm bored. Shabby graphics compared to more modern games, but a good game is good even if it doesn't look so pretty. In fact, some of the newer games that try to look as realistic as possible do not look so good to me personally. I like a game to look like a game.

Deleted
    I got Avadon for the tablet with the Humble Bundle. The graphics very basic, but the game is fun and interesting. Does it count that it's a tablet and the expectation is lower?

I did recently get Syndicate Wars for the Playstation at 5€ The resolution of the game on my TV gave me a lot of difficulty, and I didn't play it through. So, I think there's some levels of graphics that are acceptable and some that are not.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 02:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tmbryant91 View Post
    Got a headache trying to play Crash Bandicoot..
    Were you playing it on the Kinect? I can see how that might happen...

Deleted
    I can play the good old 2D games all day, but I could not take Jet Force Gemini anymore. :/

It depends on many things. Including the type of game, Type of graphics, and overall "feel" of the game.

Old platformer (Mario, Metroid) and arcade (Pac Man, Pong) style games I can play without much concern for the graphics. Even even the graphic styles of early adventure games (King's Quest), RPG's (FFI, Zelda), 2D Combat games (Mortal Kombat), or RTS (C&C, Civ) don't bother me.

The types that really bother me are early faked "3D games" when they used a lot of sprites to represent 3D characters or mobs like with the original Doom and Wolfenstien 3D.

It really kinda depends on the game for me, but normally I wouldn't mind if the gameplay is fun.

Deleted
    Sort of depends. In most cases actually, yes. Only those most legendary shit gfx games of my childhood like Settlers, MOO2 and such are the kind of games I could still play.

But then there are those just good games I like(d), like old C&C's and shit that I'd never play today. They simply look too terrible while not offering that much difference in gameplay sections from their younger brothers.

No issue for me, if the game is good then the game is good. Though there are games that were once good but now feel dated and I find them hard to enjoy. A recent one for me was Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast, I used to love that game but was not able to play it a second time around as it felt like shit. However, on playing Virtua Fighter and Sega Rally on the Sega Saturn after many many years I still loved it as much as the first time. Same thing goes for Final Fantasy 7/9 on the Playstation or even older with Wonderboy in Monster World on the Mega Drive.

Mario 64 or Zelda Ocarina of Time on the N64 still feel awesome to play and can suck you in.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    I can handle 90s graphics just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    sometimes
    borderlands isnt very old but the graphics just annoy me yet WoW graphics dont
    probarly needs getting used to
    GW2 looked pretty good but now it seems pretty much like rift to me same with aion it all starts to look the same after awile but games like sonic 2 for whatever sega console is still fun to look at and play same with pokemon games and the original civilization
    it doesnt bother me often but when i do it usually takes me awile to get used to them or i just dont bother

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Well, playing at 1680x1050 I think the game looks rather good and atleast I don't notice the "low graphics" in a sense of it getting to my eyes at all. Maybe my eyes are different then. <.<

Example images I just took.

http://i.imgur.com/kR55s.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ByCYI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Vrdch.jpg

Edit: Came out too big and I suck at edits.
    People should really take that game and just whack in some updated textures.

For example, take the Deus Ex high resolution texture pack. The models still look funky, but seeing the textures in a more acceptable resolution actually made playing the game again bearable for me... Still wish for an actual remake though

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    People should really take that game and just whack in some updated textures.

For example, take the Deus Ex high resolution texture pack. The models still look funky, but seeing the textures in a more acceptable resolution actually made playing the game again bearable for me... Still wish for an actual remake though
    There are mods for it, I just choose not to use them because I like the crudeness of the original.

For example:

http://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars...dark-forces-ii

That mod concentrates more on it's own singleplayer/multiplayer though so not sure if those graphical tweaks works with actual (But for example Stormtrooper models and Lightsabers, why not?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/jedi-knight-enhanced

The mod in above link upgrades the graphics to Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy level.
    Last edited by Wilian; 2012-11-20 at 11:02 AM.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

I still play MSX games fairly regularly since that was the computer we had when I was really young. Mostly because it is nostalgia and I usually don't finish the game.

The other day is I was playing treasure of Usas.

For a platformer it is actually pretty good. Better then mario 1 at least. 2 main characters with different skills that they can upgrade x4 each. It is roughly the same era though.

But also stuff like nemesis and R-type, gryzor, metal gear, ikari warriors, yie-ar kung fu, final fantasy 1, dragon slayer, kings valley, H.E.R.O and so on. All these games look like crap but they are 10x better then any of those angry birds or whatever you may find on your iphone etc. . Angry birds vs original metal gear..... I rest my case.

I don't think so. It dependd on how good was the game back then.

For example, after reading this post, I'm going to install Fallout 2.

Deleted
    Gameplay over graphics anyday.
    Final fantasy 7 is still one of the best games up to this date. (imo)