Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    I kind of totally want that... lol
    When you visit please dont be alarmed when you see unattended baby carriages parked everywhere. Outside cafes, shops and whatnot. Its normal here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Unless deep deep south, sugahcube
    Was thinking about that too, midwest as well tbh.
    I got stuck when it struck me, I got no clue how a rural canadian sound. Maybe sort of the same?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Most people cannot tell the difference between a Canadian and American accent, especially non native English speakers.
    Even I have a hard time telling the difference between a Minnesota accent and an Winnipeg accent.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Was thinking about that too, midwest as well tbh.
    I got stuck when it struck me, I got no clue how an canadian redneck sounds. Maybe sort of the same?
    Look up "newfies." You can probably find some youtube clips.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    i`ll be surprised if most americans even knows where europe is, tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTheHoe View Post
    England has been at the forefront of every world war and we don't take as much credit as idiots like you.

Not that ANYONEhere has taken part in WW2
    Indeed, it's easy to say that "we saved ur asses hurdur" when the US only participated in the later half of both world wars and their geographical location put them at a major advantage in regards to morale and protection. Try having your country bombed by the Luftwaffe for years on end in WW2, your waters surrounding your harbours at constant risk of u-boat besiegement and being a major front to the war effort for the entire duration of both world wars. I honestly would put Russia as the most important country in both world wars by a considerable margin but everyone had a significant role.

Funny, you never ever see a brit, frenchie or russian claiming that they were the single cause of winning the world wars yet you constantly see yankie patriots wail about it in discussion.

OT: I think someone else mentioned this but EU, particularly the UK just has a different mindset to modern times. In general we don't give a shit about politics, religion or recent events in the same way as the US do. I bet if you ask a lot of people in the UK, they won't know which political party is in power. Health insurance is something that is just foreign and alien to me so maybe the opposite concept interests Americans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    i`ll be surprised if most americans even knows where europe is, tbh
    I'll be surprised if I ever stop seeing Europeans making false stereotypes about American geographical knowledge.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    When you visit please dont be alarmed when you see unattended baby carriages parked everywhere. Outside cafes, shops and whatnot. Its normal here.
    With or without babies in them? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligier View Post
    You mean, America will watch to see if wars take place in Europe then refuse to help out for 2 or 3 years until you're forcefully invovled?
    /Nod..
    Hitler declared war on the USA, not the other way around...
    They were actually "buddy buddy" for a long time. While Hitler already obliterated the European Map, Nazi Germany and the USA had a very friendly diplomatic relationship.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Even I have a hard time telling the difference between a Minnesota accent and an Winnipeg accent.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:03 PM ----------

Look up "newfies." You can probably find some youtube clips.
    I got alot of new founland dog clips and some crappy ones.
    No kickass redneck video :<
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Well after having to save the collective asses over there, we like to have a heads up to know when we might have to do it again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    I bet if you ask a lot of people in the UK, they won't know which political party is in power. Health insurance is something that is just foreign and alien to me so maybe the opposite concept interests Americans.
    I like the fact the vast majority of our voters are at least a little educated in politics.

The normal rag tag scum don't care enough to get involved, mainly because we don't have election campaigns that stir up the country into a frenzy

Quote Originally Posted by evdawg6543 View Post
    We spy on Europe because of every war that has happened. World War I, World War II...etc. christ I could even throw in the fact that Britain ruled over us in our countries early state
    Who is this 'us'? Are you a Native American?

Because your women have cuter accents than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    With or without babies in them? lol
    With babies ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I freaken love Europe! UK most of all because of A FREAKEN MAZING Dubstep (Grade A++ sound quality, DONE PROPER) - But because of the Cool people, and Cool Accents.

I also really like Germany, Netherlands and of course all of the other wonderful countries that really are significant pieces of history, and the entire world relies on them for technology, and discovery.

-> I hope us American's don't push to much, even though I know we get into people's business WAY MORE then we should - it's SUPPOSED to be for the better, and I know it's WAY, ALWAYS not the best situation.

Cheers,

- Your Tank
    -- Dac

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evdawg6543 View Post
    We spy on Europe because of every war that has happened. World War I, World War II...etc. christ I could even throw in the fact that Britain ruled over us in our countries early state
    Funny how you talk like it had something to do with you. Carry on playing WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Because your women have cuter accents than ours.
    Boston female accents

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DuY4WOMucU

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it is because out of any other region(besides canada) they share the most common similarities with us.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Well after having to save the collective asses over there, we like to have a heads up to know when we might have to do it again.
    You may want to learn some actual history, and not the hollywood version either. There was a country instrumental in winning the wars, it was not america, it was russia.

Besides, thats history, i sometimes get the impression that americans think europe is divided along lines more set in the 1940s.....thats not the case. We are one big family, ie and endless arguement! But we generally get on. Even in the uk we on the whole get on with europe, we may not want closer integration and want to remain sovereign, but we get on with europe, and dont dislike any countries(well maybe the french, but our mutual feud is practially a national pastime on both sides of the channel, gives us something to do)
    Last edited by mmoc4e3ce29075; 2012-12-07 at 05:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehorn View Post
    we only officially declared war after pearl harbor, that doesn't mean we weren't already propping you up with supplies for years. do some research...

my goodness do they teach you anything in school over there? IT WAS OUR DAMN SUPPLIES LOL..... you were cornered, the Luftwaffe was obliterating your cities and your airforce.
    So you sent over material, dont claim you saved the world because you did not. There were a few American volunteers, but still, not many yanks were flying spitfires over the south of England hunting Nazi's. If England fell, really think the USA could have taken out Germany solo?