Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I have the same group of friend since forever. I meet them all at "school" I was like 2/3 years old.
    A marroco (muslim), a tunisian (jew), a portuguese, a gipsy (those who left caravan to live in regular house), a eurasian, a malian from Sénégal (lol) an me (I just cant tell French since it means nothing anymore. If I do some search I'm sure I can find some german, spanish, italian, etc...)
    We reunit very often for bdays, play cards and shit...
    Multicolor: This is what France is all about. Most beautiful country in the world.
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2012-12-12 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Have to say, this is pretty much a sterotype of the German people, I went away recently to Spain, and we picked a hotel that the Germans all go to and have high reviews on, for those of you that don't get that, the Germans are a very, erm not sure how to word this politely, but demanding people, everything has to be exactly right, this hotel we were in, everything was immaculate, professional, even the cleaners, if you left your shirt on the bed folded or night dress, they would come in clean, and fold it like it was a piece of origami,

anyways back on topic, at this hotel the Germans kept themselves to themselves, or other Germans, we only had one German that talked to us through out our entire stay, don't get me wrong, nothing malicious, they were polite smiled, said hello in the corridors etc, but when the fun events were on they kept together.
    This kind of broad generalization would be considered nation bashing or even racism if aimed at another ethnicity, but as i already said yesterday in the "Do you nation bash" thread, Germans are free game on this forum and most media. Double standards for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    This kind of broad generalization would be considered nation bashing or even racism if aimed at another ethnicity, but as i already said yesterday in the "Do you nation bash" thread, Germans are free game on this forum and most media. Double standards for the win.
    Who bashes the germans? lol
    I don't think thats very common is it? It doesn't happen here at least, there are quite a lot of germans here in the summer season esp, they seem to love Sweden(and the nordic countries), quite common that you got some germans in the hood during the summer, norwegians and germans I'd say is the most common nationality among tourists as well as owners of summer houses/cabins(after us swedes that is).

We don't sell plots of our land holdings very often, but we did sell to a German couple from Hamburg a couple of years ago, so they spend the summer vacation here now. Same thing all along the west coast, Norwegians and germans got the money to actually afford it. rofl
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-12-12 at 02:24 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

At the age of 12 i started skateboarding. As i lived in a very small village there werent much others joining me besides an american guy, so we got friends.
    From 10th to 13th grade my best Friends was a persian guy (beeing german myself).
    In 12th grade i had a girlfriend with parents from india.
    While going to the university i had to work for my living, so i worked in a bar/disco and i got friends with a lot of americans that ferquently visited our place.
    When my gaming career started (with playing Utopia) i had to deal with people of almost all nations over the years. I made some scoutings about different behaviour of several foreign dudes to a certain subject, but i always made a lot of friends.

And yeah i dont mean this "hey dude wazzap"-friends but a lil closer, like sending a xmas-postcard and stuff.

So yeah i´m quite muticultural. In all honesty, people NOT matching the ones i see everyday somehow are more interesting to me. Must be something along the lines of "the grass is always greener on the other side of the street."

What i really love about all this is that i never had problem with it, like one of my german friends telling me that it is absurd to have XX as friends and stuff like that.
    I am not a big fan of germany or the avarage german, but obviously things are as bad as i see them from time to time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know!

Here in Rijeka, Croatia, there really aren't all that many different nationalities. Seeing a black guy or girl is like "whoa dude!". You sometimes get to see an asian or two but that's just about it.

But I don't really care about anything. As long as you're good to me, I'll be good to you.

Most of my closer friends now happen to be Germans like myself or Russians. But there are quite a couple I'd still call good friends that are from other cultural backgrounds I don't really mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    What i really love about all this is that i never had problem with it, like one of my german friends telling me that it is absurd to have XX as friends and stuff like that.
    I am not a big fan of germany or the avarage german, but obviously things are as bad as i see them from time to time.
    It might be on the rise again here but not everyone is as retarded luckily enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    I think there are groups of people like that in every country. Having ties to Hungary through my gf and her mother I have followed whats been going on in Hungary quite closely, I think it's kind of fucked up whats been going on down there tbh, the whole deal with Jobbik that is, register Jews in a database? Really? WTH! It's one thing being a patriot and proud of ones country, thats totally cool with me, but it's a different thing being borderline nazi/racist/faschist.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

All my homies are American since I'm from the USA and live here.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Oh for fucks sakes. Americans say the same thing you just did. Everyone feels x country they're from is free game because they're extra sensitive to the critisim and can't be arsed to bother with the rest.

Most of my close friends were Hispanic or Jewish.

Now I have 1 white friend and 1 Domincan friend and a host of acquaintances. White, Black,Indian,Pakistani,English,Irish, and a few Dutch.

Multicultural friends eh...

Here goes, then: I'm a Greek, so, naturally, all my friends are Greeks, Russians, Albanians, Bulgarians, Polish, half-halfs (ie: 1 Greek parent, 1 Non-Greek parent). This, is what I call my "Neighbourhood" friends, meaning friends I made from hanging out in the streets of my neighbourhood, playing Catch, Hide & Seek, cycling around and kicking a ball pretending to play Football.

However, having gone through private English schooling, I got the chance to meet and befriend: Koreans, Japanese, -ALL- Scandinavians (Finnish/Norwegian/Swedish/Danish - if Denmark classifies as Scandinavian country), Arabs from all parts of the Arab world, including Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, and of course practically all European people too, including French, Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese, Dutch and of course, pure hardcore Brits (duh, considering my school was purely British and following the British system of education by the book).

All in all, I must say that this situation of growing up with more than 10 different cultures around me was a very positive experience.

I learned how to act in a traditional Korean home, eating with chopsticks by the age of 7 (my best school-friend at the time was the Korean dude).
    I learned how to drink Beer like a German, having spent time with German classmates.
    I learned A FUCKLOAD about the Arabic culture, including its religion, its philosophy, its beliefs and its standards, having 3 Arab classmates throughout school.

All this stuff going on made me learn from an early age that you have to be objective when you try to judge someone, and that you should never judge someone from their looks/habits, without having talked to them at least once. It allowed me to be open-minded, accepting and embracing new concepts and beliefs from across the globe, instead of being narrow-minded. However, I didn't lose my sense of nationalism, and I love my country/nationality above anything else - this does NOT mean though that I cannot understand and relate to the achievements or problems of other cultures around the world.

Bottom line? It's good to have a multi-cultural experience, whether it be friends, school, or working environment. It helps us progress the Human Race as a whole, in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Multicultural friends eh...

Here goes, then: I'm a Greek, so, naturally, all my friends are Greeks, Russians, Albanians, Bulgarians, Polish, half-halfs (ie: 1 Greek parent, 1 Non-Greek parent). This, is what I call my "Neighbourhood" friends, meaning friends I made from hanging out in the streets of my neighbourhood, playing Catch, Hide & Seek, cycling around and kicking a ball pretending to play Football.

However, having gone through private English schooling, I got the chance to meet and befriend: Koreans, Japanese, -ALL- Scandinavians (Finnish/Norwegian/Swedish/Danish - if Denmark classifies as Scandinavian country), Arabs from all parts of the Arab world, including Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, and of course practically all European people too, including French, Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese, Dutch and of course, pure hardcore Brits (duh, considering my school was purely British and following the British system of education by the book).

All in all, I must say that this situation of growing up with more than 10 different cultures around me was a very positive experience.

I learned how to act in a traditional Korean home, eating with chopsticks by the age of 7 (my best school-friend at the time was the Korean dude).
    I learned how to drink Beer like a German, having spent time with German classmates.
    I learned A FUCKLOAD about the Arabic culture, including its religion, its philosophy, its beliefs and its standards, having 3 Arab classmates throughout school.

All this stuff going on made me learn from an early age that you have to be objective when you try to judge someone, and that you should never judge someone from their looks/habits, without having talked to them at least once. It allowed me to be open-minded, accepting and embracing new concepts and beliefs from across the globe, instead of being narrow-minded. However, I didn't lose my sense of nationalism, and I love my country/nationality above anything else - this does NOT mean though that I cannot understand and relate to the achievements or problems of other cultures around the world.

Bottom line? It's good to have a multi-cultural experience, whether it be friends, school, or working environment. It helps us progress the Human Race as a whole, in my eyes.
    I've always lived in Multicultural areas and would never really want to move to a place that's just 1 race, it's what I look for when I move. If the place has too many whites, blacks, hispanics, or asians. I won't move there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvelisse View Post
    How multicultural is your friend " zone"? Do you rather hang out with people from your own culture or do you get along with pretty much anyone regardless of their background?
    I myself have friends from diffrent cultures, i personally don't care much where someone is from, but i do understand why some people do not!
    Not from a racial point of view ofcourse but as people from diffrent cultures can behave diffrent it might not be something you're used to or are looking for!
    So are you the kind of guy/girl that hangs out with blacks whites and asians?
    Or are you the person that rather hangs out with people from your own background/culture because you have much more in common.
    The person that doesen't really care or the one that simply can't because of the place where you live?

I'm curious

I hope this won't end up going towards the wrong direction as that wasn't really where i was going with this
    Let's see. I'm a caucasian American. My closest friend in Houston right now is a mostly caucasian Mexican who identifies more as American. Her friends that I also hang out with, but am not as close with are Mexican, African-American, Chinese, Korean, Colombian, and Caucasian. Back in California, my closest friends were also caucasian, but I was also friends with Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, African-American, Philippino, and Mexican.

I have dated girls who were Caucasian, African-america, Korean, Colombian, Peruvian, Russian, Indian, the list goes on quite a ways.

So in answer to your question, though I do tend to find myself closest to people from my own culture by no conscious effort, I also hang around a lot with people from other cultures.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2012-12-12 at 10:54 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Oh and btw can we please stop calling them Races? It's a proven fact that Races don't exist in the Human Race...biologically at least (I can go in detail and explain if anyone wants me to).

Can we call them Cultures, pretty please?

Deleted
    A fair amount of my old friends were mixed race or black, and a few were asian.

Theres just one type of race or w/e you wanna call them that kept snubbing me, arabs... Im sure there fine, but the ones in cambridge always seem to view me as a pieces of shit not worth talking too... that or there just rude dicks.

This vidya is related though, dont be racist!

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post

Theres just one type of race or w/e you wanna call them that kept snubbing me, arabs... Im sure there fine, but the ones in cambridge always seem to view me as a pieces of shit not worth talking too... that or there just rude dicks.
    I understand how you feel man...and to that, I blame the parents. I've met Arabs that are COMPLETELY different to one another, even being from exactly the same country having the exact same education having the exact same religion. The Standard Deviation of Arabs from your average Arab is extremely high, in both ends of the spectrum. Still doesn't mean there aren't retarded Arabs and completely brilliant Arabs, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Let's see. I'm a caucasian American. My closest friend in Houston right now is a mostly caucasian Mexican who identifies more as American. Her friends that I also hang out with, but am not as close with are Mexican, African-American, Chinese, Korean, Colombian, and Caucasian. Back in California, my closest friends were also caucasian, but I was also friends with Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, African-American, Philippino, and Mexican.

I have dated girls who were Caucasian, African-america, Korean, Colombian, Peruvian, Russian, the list goes on quite a ways.

So in answer to your question, though I do tend to find myself closest to people from my own culture by no conscious effort, I also hang around a lot with people from other cultures.
    I was wondering i could put a question to you to answer? What is the racial split + relations in your state, as in how mixed is it and has it enriched your life more? Im just curious, because multiculturalism gets bashed in the UK alot...

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 03:34 PM ----------

I understand how you feel man...and to that, I blame the parents. I've met Arabs that are COMPLETELY different to one another, even being from exactly the same country having the exact same education having the exact same religion. The Standard Deviation of Arabs from your average Arab is extremely high, in both ends of the spectrum. Still doesn't mean there aren't retarded Arabs and completely brilliant Arabs, though.
    Yeah, i hear you out. Just sucks that cambridge is the land of rowing and crumpets attracts more dicks than nice people. Still a great place to live if you like pigeons...

10+ Year Old Account
    Back where I used to live (not here, this place sucks), all my friends were either Hispanic or Asian.

I like having a diverse set of friends and desperately crave a nerdy black guy for a friend.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Oh and btw can we please stop calling them Races? It's a proven fact that Races don't exist in the Human Race...biologically at least (I can go in detail and explain if anyone wants me to).

Can we call them Cultures, pretty please?
    Races are a social construct and they exist whether you like it or not.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I'm from a 95%+ white community. It was never really an option until I graduated from high school. I've had people from other cultures in my class groups in university. They've all been nice, but I'm too shy to really make new friends regardless of culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I was wondering i could put a question to you to answer? What is the racial split + relations in your state, as in how mixed is it and has it enriched your life more? Im just curious, because multiculturalism gets bashed in the UK alot...

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 03:34 PM ----------

Yeah, i hear you out. Just sucks that cambridge is the land of rowing and crumpets attracts more dicks than nice people. Still a great place to live if you like pigeons...
    Well in my hometown of San Jose, CA it was:

White 425017 47.49%
    Black or African American 31349 3.5%
    American Indian and Alaska Native 6865 0.77%
    Asian 240375 26.86%
    Asian indian 26606 2.97%
    Chinese 51109 5.71%
    Filipino 48149 5.38%
    Japanese 11484 1.28%
    Korean 9425 1.05%
    Vietnamese 78842 8.81%
    Other Asian 14760 1.65%
    Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander 3584 0.4%
    Native Hawaiian 624 0.07%
    Guamanian or Chamorro 675 0.08%
    Samoan 1417 0.16%
    Other Pacific Islander 868 0.1%
    Some other race 142691 15.94%

So in San Jose, there was no true ethnic majority. It was a highly mixed city.

In Houston, the mix is:

White persons, percent, 2010 - Houston - 50.5% Texas - 70.4%
    Black persons, percent, 2010 - Houston - 23.7% Texas - 11.8%
    American Indian and Alaska Native persons, percent, 2010 - Houston - 0.7% Texas - 0.7%
    Asian persons, percent, 2010 - Houston - 6.0% Texas - 3.8%
    Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander, percent, 2010 - Houston - 0.1% Texas - 0.1%
    Persons reporting two or more races, percent, 2010 - Houston - 3.3% Texas - 2.7%
    Persons of Hispanic or Latino origin, percent, 2010 - Houston - 43.8% Texas - 37.6%
    White persons not Hispanic, percent, 2010 - Houston - 25.6% Texas - 45.3%

Houston very much has a white majority, but still has quite a lot of people of other ethnicities.

It's strange though. In San Jose, even though it was a highly multi-cultural city, and people generally had lots of friends with a wide variety of ethnicities, people also had secondary groups that were pretty much people of their own ethnicities. That didn't really bother me most of the time, but it was interesting. All the different ethnicities generally got along together very well. I'm glad I grew up in a place that was so diverse though. It's nice to have lots of perspectives and to be comfortable around a wide variety of different people.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!