Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    One issue is that skills acces at later levels. Some pets are only tameable at level 1-5 but are awful against most mobs in early levels but get good skills when they reach level 20.
    What I have mainly been looking for is pets with multiple strong attacks of different kind to be best allround since at least no matter what the opponent is, all attacks will never be weak and higher chanse that at least some attack will be strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    It's average

OP is lil rag, anniversary ony, panda monk, lil XT, some of the new raid pets, Flayer Youngling
    so first and foremost blizz store pets. how shocking.. oh wait :>

It's average

OP is lil rag, anniversary ony, panda monk, lil XT, some of the new raid pets, Flayer Youngling
    None of the pets are OP, everything is easily countered.

Except the Blight hawk, nothing counters that due to it being Undead with flying type abilities.
    Last edited by hasslehoof; 2012-12-10 at 08:36 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    None of the pets are OP, everything is easily countered.

Except the Blighthawk, nothing counters that due to it being Undead with flying type abilities.
    No hard counter, no. My initial take would be to send a turtle, but that won't end well, due to the Flying attacks. It will only swing neutrally, but a Celestial Dragon is pretty beefy and carries plenty of power too.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 03:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    so first and foremost blizz store pets. how shocking.. oh wait :>
    3 of those listed... Guardian Cub isn't too bad either, alot of power in him too. The raid pets total more than the Blizzard Store by far.

But again, while these pets do have some power to them, nothing says you can't beat them with the right counters.

Lil Rag runs ONLY Elemental attacks. A well-played Snail will break him. And hell, the snail might out-speed him too!

Can't speak to the Pandaren Monk or Lil XT, not looked into mine really yet. Or the 5th Year Anniversary Onyxia.

Flayer Youngling can be beat. I'd like to see it run against something like my Crystal Spider. Brittle Webbing to make every attack hit him back too, and every other turn will be Leech Life, healing me up, and doing bonus damage to the Youngling (cause it's an Undead attack).
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-12-10 at 08:43 AM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    No hard counter, no. My initial take would be to send a turtle, but that won't end well, due to the Flying attacks. It will only swing neutrally, but a Celestial Dragon is pretty beefy and carries plenty of power too.
    While it's not amazing against it, I use my Infinite Whelp if I find I'm being put against people using them. It has an attack called 'Weakness' which reduces the opponent's speed/attack by 50%, and it can be kept up permanently as long as you attack first, and since Blight Hawk's are pretty damn slow, it can do nothing but slowly chip away my health. Also good if people switch pets since you can use Early Advantage and take off a large chunk of their other pets hp off. It can also use Sleeping Gas which is some nice RnG CC when it procs.

While it's not amazing against it, I use my Infinite Whelp if I find I'm being put against people using them. It has an attack called 'Weakness' which reduces the opponent's speed/attack by 50%, and it can be kept up permanently as long as you attack first, and since Blight Hawk's are pretty damn slow, it can do nothing but slowly chip away my health. Also good if people switch pets since you can use Early Advantage and take off a large chunk of their other pets hp off. It can also use Sleeping Gas which is some nice RnG CC when it procs.
    Not been fortunate enough to catch any of the new rare pets for 5.1... mostly due to work + final project for school. But soon enough, I will have the time to try and hunt them down.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    I was bored of using my normal set which everyone seems to use and decided I should look for cool combos.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=15710
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68846

First turn the snowman uses call blizzard. Next you use Deep Freeze, then switch to the Runt. At this point you can either use Mangle for extra damage (but it will break your chain stunning) or use Deep Freeze again, and follow it up by Takedown. All in all you have done around 6x attack in damage, and taken 1-2 attacks. Weak to critters so it's very much not a leveling combo, but it should be good vs most PvP battles.

Not sure what 3rd pet would complement this best, but hopefully you won't even need it. You could even chain 3 Deep Freeze pets together and completely stun lock stuff providing you go first each round (possibly throw in a frost shock from the Runt?).

Army of Bigglesworth is the only way to go

Deleted
    Store/TCG pets don't count, as they can't be gotten through conventional means.

I've found the Fluxfire to be pretty obscene.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

Deleted
    At the moment, I'm using Clockwork Gnome, Sand Kitten and Guardian Cub.

Good combination or not?

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Currently leveling the Fluxfire Feline because from what I've heard, it can one-shot and sometimes crit well over 1k when using it's abilities right.
    It's very fragile, though.

But yeah, i've frequently seen 2.5k on beasts, iirr once a crit came close to 4k.

Started pet battling a few days ago, my current team is: Clockwork Gnome, Maggot, Lil' Tarecgosa. For me it has been an amazing team so far and really shines in PvP battles too.

Clockwork Gnome is just a sick pet overall, does a lot of passive damage and can heal itself up at the same time, combine that with the mechanical racial makes for some rage faces in PvP - has enough moves to be very strong against a wide range of pet types.

Maggot, very resilient pet, has a move which does a decent amount of damage and self heals for the same amount. Great pet for multi-dotting when your opponent likes to switch frequently.

Lil' Tarecgosa, bit of a glass cannon in general, due to the lack of pretty much ANY defensive ability. She has a nice utility spell to deal aoe damage to the enemy team and prevent stuns/roots for your own team. And that dragonkin racial - if your enemy lets her proc the racial and have Surge of Power off cooldown, you can almost 1 shot any pet of similar level even without a weakness bonus. She hits like a truck, but also gets hit like a truck. Any pet weak against magic will get utterly destroyed by her. (I've had a 1.8k crit with Surge of Power at level 19).
    Last edited by Vakna; 2012-12-13 at 11:08 AM.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    [..Fluxfire..]

Now I know what to use my next stone on.
    Please don't waste a stone on that.

Roll a gnome toon on a RPPvP server and take 5 minutes farming your rare fluxfire feline with the breed ID you favor.

There's a lot of pets with specific uses.

Terrible Turnip is particularly good for grabbing pets without killing them with an unfortunate crit. I'll be taking that to 25 for sure.

My Dusk Spiderling is almost immortal on certain fights, with it's web/heal combo. Can chew through teams as long as they have no counter. The only thing that messed me up was a few of the Toads because of their hex and heals. So grab one of those too.

Just went against a team using a Magical Crawdad.. what the fuck.

It was level 21, my entire teams is level 19's, it wrecked all my pets by itself and ended the fight on 80% hp, and I wasn't even weak against it. It only had 1 attack, a fast water charge thing, the other two it was using were renewing mist for passive 100 per turn heal, and another heal that took two turns to cast and restored 50% hp, the 50% hp heal had a VERY short cooldown and he was even able to use other abilities while it was charging... how the fuck do you beat that.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holorob View Post
    I was bored of using my normal set which everyone seems to use and decided I should look for cool combos.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=15710
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68846

First turn the snowman uses call blizzard. Next you use Deep Freeze, then switch to the Runt. At this point you can either use Mangle for extra damage (but it will break your chain stunning) or use Deep Freeze again, and follow it up by Takedown. All in all you have done around 6x attack in damage, and taken 1-2 attacks. Weak to critters so it's very much not a leveling combo, but it should be good vs most PvP battles.

Not sure what 3rd pet would complement this best, but hopefully you won't even need it. You could even chain 3 Deep Freeze pets together and completely stun lock stuff providing you go first each round (possibly throw in a frost shock from the Runt?).

This is the team i am planning to level as soon as i get my Third, Mr Bigglesworth.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Just went against a team using a Magical Crawdad.. what the fuck.

It was level 21, my entire teams is level 19's, it wrecked all my pets by itself and ended the fight on 80% hp, and I wasn't even weak against it. It only had 1 attack, a fast water charge thing, the other two it was using were renewing mist for passive 100 per turn heal, and another heal that took two turns to cast and restored 50% hp, the 50% hp heal had a VERY short cooldown and he was even able to use other abilities while it was charging... how the fuck do you beat that.
    Magical Crawdad is amazing however when you put him against pets that are the same level his damage goes way down and mists barely heals for 70% of the damage he took that round. He's good but easy to wear down when you get a pet thats the same level (and not weak to aqua attacks).

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fela View Post
    It's very fragile, though.

But yeah, i've frequently seen 2.5k on beasts, iirr once a crit came close to 4k.
    I've seen my Harbinger of Flame hit for over 9100 damage, and he's not even 25 yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to add Flayer Youngling, Got a rare one (with power instead of speed) and i can destory whole teams with him alone. Reflect and kick and keep the enemy locked down for 2 turns while the humaniod passive heals him up. If you get a fast one use (second move in the first move slot, hits 1-3 times and an extra time if he goes first) for massive damage.

He will be in my main team with Mr Gubbs (a tank like no other) and Onxyia Whelping (Power over speed ID, slow but hits like a truck) [all rares] . Currently leveling :

snowman, Kun-lai Runt and Mr Bigglesworth frost stun team.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Except the Blight hawk, nothing counters that due to it being Undead with flying type abilities.
    How does this make the hawk uncounterable? Shouldn't critter abilities destroy the blighthawk same as any other undead?

EDIT: Okay okay I get it, aquatics take reduced damage from undead, but extra damage from flying. So aquatics with critter abilities are a no go. Running a little slow today.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 04:56 PM ----------

Yeah man gotta get those pvp only pets. Oh crap nvm the best pets wreck both pve and pvp battles. Same thing like i said.
    The big hitter combinations are horrible for catching and leveling pets, when you're trying to
    a) withstand damage while trying to catch a pet without damaging it
    b) handle 3v1 battles where your low level pet gets hit once and then your tank handles the rest of the fight

Celestial is great for both, regardless of getting 2-hit in pvp. So yeah, I'd say there's a difference between pvp and pve. In the latter you're generally not just trying to find a way to wreck the opposing team as fast and efficiently as possible.
    Last edited by Woebegone; 2012-12-19 at 02:40 PM.