View Poll Results: Do you support banning AND round-up of said guns in the USA?

Voters
280. This poll is closed
  • No - I'm an American

154 55.00%
  • Yes - I'm an American

27 9.64%
  • No - I'm Not an American

33 11.79%
  • Yes - I'm Not an American

66 23.57%
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnypockets37 View Post
    Simple explanation and to the point, I see no discussion that needs to be had. Owning a legal gun is a right to all free Americans.
    And with that right comes the responsibility of being well regulated. People don't read the whole damn line, I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by Latetomyownfuneral View Post
    A ballistic knife could do that. Not sure of that specific range however.
    I think they have usable ranges of upto 15ft, but they're fairly illegal in most places.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    Of the 61 mass shootings in the United States since 1982, 75% of the guns used to commit those crimes were lawfully acquired.
    Which by definition is the greater majority.

I'd be interested in seeing people's thought's on this. And factors of accuracy overall.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-12-14 at 10:44 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    22 children stabbed in china sick minded people are going to harm guns or no guns.
    You seem to be missing the point - the discussion here isn't about the crime, it is about the deaths.

The Chinese crime had no deaths, the USA one 28 deaths.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    A taser has a range on it as well IIRC. 15 Feet is the maximum available to non police forces. Crossbows also have good range and if aimed properly will take down an assailant without actually killing him.
    I don't really think it would be feasible to set up and shoot a crossbow in my narrow hallways when it's pitch black.

Like I said, as I am right now, I don't have the capacity to kill someone.

Maybe if I KNEW my life was in danger, and my adrenaline was pumping, it wouldn't even be a choice. I just hope it never comes to that. For my case, at least, it's saved me once. It's good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think more gun control would change a lot... The genie is out the bottle and there are already too many guns about and there's nothing much that can be done about it now.

Um every nation in Europe had millions of Guns laying in the Street not 70 years ago. Saying the genie is out of the bottle is sort of ignorant. banning Semi-Automatic weapons would remove them from our nation over the course of 1 generation. No new weapons would be sold, parts to repair weapons would not be available, ammunition would not be made, lets face it most semi-auto hand guns use 9mm, most semi-auto rifles use 7.62×39mm or 5.56×45mm NATO.
    Because of the second amendment and because most Americans want some kind of home security firearm Shot Guns, Hunting riffles and Revolvers would still be available. Only military grade weapons would vanish.

no we don't need stricter gun control

http://www.wnd.com/2007/04/41196/

is a town that has mandatory gun ownership in every household and they have not had a murder in 20+ years

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Bullshit, real men kill as quickly and as cleanly as possible to minimize suffering to the animal. A crossbow does not cut the mustard, neither do most semi auto weapons really, bolt action is still king for hunting.

All this bullshit about hunting with arrows is just bravado, having to track a wounded animal for hundreds of meters waiting for it to bleed out is just cruel.
    This is so, so true. It always pisses me off when kids claim themselves to be some kind of "hunter" when they wound an animal, causing severe suffering to it before actually killing the poor creature.

22 children stabbed in china sick minded people are going to harm guns or no guns.
    Compared to 27 killed and 9 wounded. The difference between 'harmed' and 'killed'.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing View Post
    Use it as a hammer!
    Excellent point. Also good for a doorstop, a paperweight, wall decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    I can't buy more than 5 bags of fertilizer and not get put on a watch list by the FBI. I can legally buy an AR-15 from a pawnshop and not get put on any list. Oh and earlier I posted a web page which will let me convert that AR-15 into a high capacity high-rate of fire fully automatic weapon. Oh and I live in the dreaded liberal state of California which technically has the strictest gun laws.

ie I have to fill out a paper and show my Drivers License. And I can't buy ammo from the store I buy the weapon at on the same day.
    Convert that to full auto and if someone finds out you will be doing some prison time in any state in the union. In fact, just buy the parts to convert it to full auto and you might get a visit from the feds real quick. Don't make it sound like there is some loophole to make semi-autos into full auto without any regulation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    With gun : 28 people
    Without gun : 2-3 people

FACT - gun 20+ people.

So yes - I've looked around, and lack of access to firearms makes killing people a way harder task.
    Jack the Ripper, killed how many people? Without a gun. They stopped him when? That's what I thought...
    Didn't seem too hard for him, with just a knife.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Another person who does not get the point. Did you read or know what the outcome in China stabbings are?? NONE of the children were killed, one so far is in critical condition. While here in the United States, well 26 people all dead. Its common sense, cmon!! A person with a knife is going to do less fatal damage and greater chance to subdue or disarm than someone with a high capacity, semi-auto weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Gun : 20+ victims today, Person : 2-3 victims today - gun killed more people today than the person did.
    Really? put the gun on the desk w/o the shooter... and the gun can kill 20 people all by itself? Honestly?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Bullshit, real men kill as quickly and as cleanly as possible to minimize suffering to the animal. A crossbow does not cut the mustard, neither do most semi auto weapons really, bolt action is still king for hunting.

All this bullshit about hunting with arrows is just bravado, having to track a wounded animal for hundreds of meters waiting for it to bleed out is just cruel.
    Bows work fine to kill small animals instantly like turkeys or hare.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shibbily View Post
    Really? It is all the right wingers that make america dangerous? How about the worst area's of gun violence in the country, the inner cities in detroit, LA-places that vote democrat over 80%? Perhaps if the criminals and gang members were prosecuted effectively and not allowed to vote (As they are felons) the country would be safer.
    Last I checked you can't vote if you have a felony on your record.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i am no expert on guns. am i being impressed by terminology or is that a military grade weapon that has to be "detuned" in order to be semi-auto?
    Rich will be able to give you the best technical description on how this is done - but essentially the ONLY thing stopping say, an SA80, from firing single and automatic fire is a tiny metal connecting slider. It stops the hammer from automatically striking the firing pin with the trigger held down. You switch to auto and it moves the slider out of the way allowing the mechanism to repeat the action until you a) run out of rounds, b) let go of the trigger or c) suffer mechanical failure and stoppage of some kind.

The fix involves removing a small spring and welding said plate in the "off" position and voila you now have a fully automatic weapon.

Guns don't kill people, the retarded fucked in the head people with guns kill people.

People can argue all day that, "he had a gun, would of been different if he didn't have one"... Sure, he could of used gas and burned them alive, doesn't mean we regulate gas for gas kills ( under blankets it does )

As sad as the current events have been, and my heart goes out to the families, taking guns away will not solve the issues nor the mental capacity of the individuals in current news and future news.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Jack the Ripper, killed how many people.
    I think he killed no more than 1 person in each of his crimes....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Which by definition is the greater majority.

I'd be interested in seeing people's thought's on this.
    As much as I am for stricter gun control, I don't think that image is very accurate. I think it's rather biased tbh.

Great Britain does not have as high of a population as the United States so I'd expect there to be fewer crimes. However, with that said, the numbers are still not proportional 10,000:8 does not reflect the difference in overall population between the two nations at all. That disproportion is a bit disconcerting.
    Putin khuliyo