Thread: Dancing!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dancing!

Where I Live I dance a lot at this bar downtown that plays a lot of EDM.

Anybody else out there like Dancing?
    If so What kinda music is played while dancing, where do you dance, etc.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Where I Live I dance a lot at this bar downtown that plays a lot of EDM.

Anybody else out there like Dancing?
    If so What kinda music is played while dancing, where do you dance, etc.
    I love dancing and used to teach Zumba Fitness. Now i just do it for fun and have converted a very large garage into a dance studio in my back yard so it's great!

I like dancing a lot. I do ballroom and salsa dancing aswell as a lot of dancing in clubs.

I prefer black music, mainly R'n'B, Dancehall, Reggae but I also don't mind almost any other music.

All in all, dancing is my dearest hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    I like dancing a lot. I do ballroom and salsa dancing aswell as a lot of dancing in clubs.

I prefer black music, mainly R'n'B, Dancehall, Reggae but I also don't mind almost any other music.

All in all, dancing is my dearest hobby.
    Why not white or yellow music?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    People with Jaundice tend to produce bad music. Unless you are using the word to describe race but thats an offensive term, like calling a native american a "redskin".

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    People with Jaundice tend to produce bad music. Unless you are using the word to describe race but thats an offensive term, like calling a native american a "redskin".
    If its ok for black people and white people why not yellow people?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

(Not sure if you're trolling ^^ but) the genres of Hip Hop, Rap, Dancehall, Reggae, Ragga, R'n'B and the like are often referred to as "black music" over here with no particular racial undertones.

but "black" music can't be deemed racist. He was just pointing out the guys stereotyping.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    I have as much rhythm as . . . a guy who has no rhythm.

Also, I suck at analogies.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Seriously? We've already had like a 10-page discussion about it in another thread, just let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    (Not sure if you're trolling ^^ but) the genres of Hip Hop, Rap, Dancehall, Reggae, Ragga, R'n'B and the like are often referred to as "black music" over here with no particular racial undertones.
    Yes we already had a thread about it and the conclusion was not only is term kinda racist, its also so vague that the term really doesn't convey anything useful.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    Yes we already had a thread about it and the conclusion was not only is term kinda racist, its also so vague that the term really doesn't convey anything useful.
    There was never a conclusion, all you did was argue against everyone in the thread.

Deleted
    If its ok for black people and white people why not yellow people?
    Because its racist! Black is not a word whites started using, they started using it themselves because it was better than Negro. Nobody ever calls themself "Yellow", ask a Native American if they call themselves redskins. Redskin and Yellow skins are both offensive terms, used as racial slurs.

Because its racist! Black is not a word whites started using, they started using it themselves because it was better than Negro. Nobody ever calls themself "Yellow", ask a Native American if they call themselves redskins. Redskin and Yellow skins are both offensive terms, used as racial slurs.
    I think he meant yellow as in 'nobody has that color of skin'. He could have easily replaced yellow with blue or green and that was his point, to not call music by a color based off of stereotypes of those who listen to music.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I think he meant yellow as in 'nobody has that color of skin'. He could have easily replaced yellow with blue or green and that was his point, to not call music by a color based off of stereotypes of those who listen to music.
    Exactly, like its a bad phrase it doesnt mean anything, you could be talking about dubstep or rock and roll, the phrase really means nothing.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Derailing his own topic = win!

Quote Originally Posted by ManyHamsters View Post
    Derailing his own topic = win!
    Hey I'm not the one who said black music
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Deleted
    Hey I'm not the one who said black music
    You're the one that started the discussion. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    I like swing.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 08:57 PM ----------

That was your conclusion. Everyone else in the thread's conclusion was basically that there's nothing inherently racist about referring to "black music."
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I've always wanted to take Salsa classes. Haven't gotten around to doing so yet, but maybe some day.