Thread: I got owned.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maddeliciousone View Post
    And why should he? So what, he bought weed. As long as he doesn't distribute it, he hurts no one other than himself. And if I read it right, 'Rather, ill just drown my sorrows' means he has some other stuff going on, too. Weed is no solution, but it sure as hell eases the pain Let me say it this way: there are countries and states that legalize medicinal and/or regular weed for a reason, as they don't see major dangers in it. And there is a reason why you won't get too much of a hassle for owning a few grams of it in most western countries.

I'm talking about his morals, not actual U.S. laws, which I have no idea of. So yeah, I'm no help at all, but I don't care.. :>
    As a uni student, it's in my uni's rules that no drug consumption is allowed on campus.
    Weed is a drug, a narcotic if you will, and while I have no probem with people who use it, don't act suprised if others don't care for it much and you face consequences for your actions.
    Hell, vicodin "helps with the pain" doesn't mean I should be popping them like tic-tacs.

Anyway, consult a laywer, but expect it to stick on your record for ever. It sucks man, but next time, don't break the law. I'm sorry if that sounded overly harsh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceyx View Post
    Yeah that's the way it is in Ohio for weed possession. I was actually only charged for my pipes I had in my dorm.
    A just hate how a bunch of clearly anti-weed people get on these threads and berate smokers for XY&Z reasons. It just seems a bit petty.
    All the while, I bet those people are heavy drinkers. Ironic lol.
    Actually I don't have a problem with weed, and I don't get drunk. I still think stoners are idiots that deserve everything they get for breaking a law they're clearly aware of.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by malevolant View Post
    . Also, yeah the mark on your record goes away, so the first poster is an idiot.
    You may find it comforting to think so, and if you never pursue certains things in life, it may never affect you, but don't spread ignorance. If you are ever arrested (note that this may exclude school administrative process) it will remain on your record. Go ahead and get yourself CORI'd some time. That minor possession bust your forgot about, the one where the charges were dropped? It's still there. And even if you have your records sealed, you will have a probation/parole number, so they will know something got you into the system.

Again, I urge the OP to seek professional advice, not to post any more, and to stop listening to some really bad information here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malevolant View Post
    I got caught with a quarter of bud after smoking in my dorm. They took a $275 bong and the bud. I took the fall for my friends. Only had to go to some "Options" meetings which is basically therapy, and write a paper. No big deal. Multiple times and it would be. I quit smoking after I graduated though, so whatever. Also, yeah the mark on your record goes away, so the first poster is an idiot.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 07:30 AM ----------

What kind of twisted vision of marijuana do you have?! Marijuana is by far the safest mind-altering substance.

1. Alcohol in high doses can kill you while there is no known lethal dose of marijuana/THC.
    2. The effects of alcohol can cause stupid arguments and physical confrontation while people under the effects of THC generally just sit on a couch, watch TV, and eat munchies.
    3. Actually try marijuana, don't just say you did to feel cool. Lying on the internet is an addiction just like you can get from alcohol. Did I mention that marijuana has no phsyically addictive chemicals in it?
    Just like World of Warcraft right ? I mean nobody's life went to shit because of an addiction to an online game ... right ?

(I agree with you, but there's more to it than the basic chemicals inside a joint.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayonel View Post
    You may find it comforting to think so, and if you never pursue certains things in life, it may never affect you, but don't spread ignorance. If you are ever arrested (note that this may exclude school administrative process) it will remain on your record. Go ahead and get yourself CORI'd some time. That minor possession bust your forgot about, the one where the charges were dropped? It's still there. And even if you have your records sealed, you will have a probation/parole number, so they will know something got you into the system.

Again, I urge the OP to seek professional advice, not to post any more, and to stop listening to some really bad information here.
    There is a distinct difference between having your record sealed and having the charges expunged from your record. Most minor marijuana related offenses can be sealed or expunged after the necessary time and requirements have been met. If the OP needs an actual lawyer for his case, I would say he is thinking too much into it. I didn't have one, and things went swimmingly for me. Also, it depends if he is going to mayor's court, or the court for the county. Mayor's court cases are basically a joke.

There is a distinct difference between having your record sealed and having the charges expunged from your record. Most minor marijuana related offenses can be sealed or expunged after the necessary time and requirements have been met. If the OP needs an actual lawyer for his case, I would say he is thinking too much into it. I didn't have one, and things went swimmingly for me. Also, it depends if he is going to mayor's court, or the court for the county. Mayor's court cases are basically a joke.
    And those are fair points. If you hire an attorney and go through the process, you may be able to get this done. But as you may have inferred from my first post, my familiarity with this issue is from firearms law. In my restrictive state, many people who apply for firearms permits find themselves to be 'federally prohibited persons' because they have a minor offense on their record. Even though we agree, or mostly agree, that marijuana posession is a minor offense that probably shouldn't even be a crime, it is a federal crime punishable by a year in prison. As such, it can have a bigger impact than people think.

An important conversation that needs to be had in the US is whether the punishment for things like possession should be allowed to have such a disproportionate impact on young people's lives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    As a uni student, it's in my uni's rules that no drug consumption is allowed on campus.
    Weed is a drug, a narcotic if you will, and while I have no probem with people who use it, don't act suprised if others don't care for it much and you face consequences for your actions.
    Hell, vicodin "helps with the pain" doesn't mean I should be popping them like tic-tacs.

Anyway, consult a laywer, but expect it to stick on your record for ever. It sucks man, but next time, don't break the law. I'm sorry if that sounded overly harsh.
    I totally get what you're saying. I just meant to say that he has no reason to feel sorry for actually consuming/buying that stuff. He can regret to have brought it to campus, he can regret being busted (and now has to find a way out), but I see no reason for him to actually feel sorry for doing something he actually enjoys and that doesn't hurt his social environment. If it's a rule on campus (and, ofc, outlawed), ofc he'll have to face the consequences nonetheless, that's a no-brainer.

It's outlawed in Germany, too, most strictly in Bavaria. If we get cought, we have to deal with it. But I still don't feel sorry for actually consuming it and don't see any reason why I should.

Sounds like his weed is laced with some PCP or something...
    Yeah he has totally confused that WET shit with weed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josefar View Post
    Yeah he has totally confused that WET shit with weed
    It could be dry and still have PCP on it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Half an ounce isn't very much. Technically, they cannot ding you for possession with intent to sell, distribution, or maintaining a vehicle or dwelling for the purposes of distribution, which are the three felonious charges you would be looking at. Depending on your state, half an ounce generally falls under the simple position misdemeanor set of charges. You will likely only get probation, community service and a fine that includes court costs. There's nothing to fear here from the local judicial system. Be sure to get yourself a GOOD lawyer. Shop around. Your best bet is hiring a former county prosecutor that has now gone into private practice as a defense attorney. He/she will have a lot of good contacts and can get you the best deal.

Want to know what to really worry about? Your school. Colleges and universities can be monsters when it comes to drug and alcohol charges... especially when the arrest occurred in a dorm room. You better read up on their drug policies. They all have them. Expulsion is not unheard of for marijuana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maddeliciousone View Post
    I totally get what you're saying. I just meant to say that he has no reason to feel sorry for actually consuming/buying that stuff. He can regret to have brought it to campus, he can regret being busted (and now has to find a way out), but I see no reason for him to actually feel sorry for doing something he actually enjoys and that doesn't hurt his social environment. If it's a rule on campus (and, ofc, outlawed), ofc he'll have to face the consequences nonetheless, that's a no-brainer.

It's outlawed in Germany, too, most strictly in Bavaria. If we get cought, we have to deal with it. But I still don't feel sorry for actually consuming it and don't see any reason why I should.
    Well I hate to sound like my dad, but if he hadn't bought and consummed the stuff, the problem would never have happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollze View Post
    I want to know if you guys think. Will my charge easily be expunged if I do the program with a state appointed lawyer? Possible punishments?

He wanted to know. i told him.
    He isnt sorry for what he did, he is sorry that he got caught and is now trying to do everything to weasel his way out of any long lasting consequences.
    Now gtfo bleeding heart.
    Why should he be sorry for what he did?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    America: Where shooting someone in the face in "self-defence" gets you in less trouble than smoking some weed.
    America: So-called righteous country where the young generations use drugs, own guns and hide in the interweb. What a future they bring.

Personally i believe that alchohol, weed, regular smooking should be illegal, so i personally hope that you get out of weed and just quit it for good

wow you have university police? o_O
    I don't know anything about how this kind of stuff works in the US, but I believe everything is always recorded (just maybe not available to the public)

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Based on the statistics, if you are white you have nothing to worry about.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    *mindboggles*

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 09:50 AM ----------

EDIT: Funny how some of you guys seem to think he did something wrong. I mean, he broke some laws, but he didn't do anything wrong. OR are you literally so sheeple that you think alcohol consumption is a good thing and perfectly natural and weed smoking isn't. In which case I genuinely pity you

So sad
    He did do something wrong, he broke a law AND he was planning to give it to other people. Also, I think large amounts of alcohol consumption is wrong too. I don't drink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    wow you have university police? o_O
    I don't know anything about how this kind of stuff works in the US, but I believe everything is always recorded (just maybe not available to the public)

lol
    Yeah, most Universities in the US (maybe all largish universities?) have their own police force.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    He did do something wrong, he broke a law AND he was planning to give it to other people. Also, I think large amounts of alcohol consumption is wrong too. I don't drink.
    So because YOU don't like alcohol and marijuana it's "wrong" for him to enjoy it? Personally I hate weed, but I don't see how it affects me when others use it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    I think what he was trying to get across was that alcohol is far more widely accepted as being okay, even though it's far more destructive.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Any cop that gives the law a break isn't doing his job and is unfit for the job. Cops aren't assholes for enforcing laws you failed to abide by, saying otherwise is a testament to ones immaturity.
    Now this was well said!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    So because YOU don't like alcohol and marijuana it's "wrong" for him to enjoy it? Personally I hate weed, but I don't see how it affects me when others use it.
    Ganja is wrong in the sense that it's illegal. Morally wrong? How can a plant be morally wrong? It's stupid to consider any drug morally wrong, even the destructive ones like methamphetamine or heroin.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow