Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Nope, not really. Looking at 10H All Parses on Raidbots, there's for the most part a Hunter spec in the top 5. 1-2 exceptions, IIRC.
    Look again and don't use Raidbots. Just use your eyes on WoL. In 10man Heroic, MSV, 60 chances to be a top dps, we have 2 and they are both 10th. 25m H, MSV, we are 0 for 60. HOF 10M H - 3 of 60. HOF 25m H - 1 of 60 (again 10th). Nothing listed for 10m or 25m H ToES. We suck balls this tier. For a class that can't heal or tank, we need a buff. I'm not saying we should be #1 all the time, although I'd have nothing against it, but at least a little buff to damage for all specs is necessary.

To your orginal point, it's been a while since BM had any love, it's that spec's turn basically. I prefer SV over BM, but not enough to cry about it.
    Don't be elitist, it's a video game for crying out loud. Cure cancer, then you can be an asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    BM is not a FotM to me. My favorite spec has always been BM. I played as BM even in WotLK, and even since I wasn't in BiS gear, my DPS was good then too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    BM is not a FotM to me. My favorite spec has always been BM. I played as BM even in WotLK, and even since I wasn't in BiS gear, my DPS was good then too.
    atm its FotM to everyone :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailurus View Post
    in mind, I am loving the different play style. I spent so much time playing as SV in Cataclysm and of all the specs, SV is my least favorite. I'd go so far as to say that I loath playing SV, but I do it anyway. I like that Blizzard has brought BM to the top of the Hunter charts. If BM was still sitting at the bottom of the hunter chart, I would have never picked up the spec and discovered how fun the spec could be.If I want to DD competitively, I am forever swapping specs around and I find this fun. It forces me out of my comfort zone and makes me actively seek out new tips and tricks. I would like BM to stay at the top of the charts for a little while longer. SV and MM had their day in Cataclysm. BM deserves to have a little bit of the light, for just a little bit longer. SV is already creeping in on that on several fights. ;-;
    Exactly this!

I'm really sick of people whining about SV not being on par with BM: They vary between fights and it gets repeated over and over again that the difference is not horrendous. BM deserves a chance to shine for a little while. I've played all three specs and personally love the feel of BM, even though MM is my favorite spec. If you don't like a spec, don't play it.

It also bothers me that some SV hunters feel the need to try to conform others to their play style: We get it, YOU like SV. Not everyone feels the way you do, nor should they. I personally loathe SV and find it to be the worse spec of the three. For example: Having to listen to someone who has an alt hunter in a raid go off about how I NEED to be MS'ing SV full-time is annoying as hell.

No, I really don't. As for which spec is best per fight: You also have to consider the padding that goes into a lot of logs as well on certain fights. Obviously the two specs vary per fight, but we shouldn't be forced to only play one spec.

The only real valid argument I see when it comes to complaining about specs, is the fact that MM is so far behind the other two. It should be more level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    H empress as SV is definitely better than BM.
    I wouldn't definitely better, it depends on what you have for AOE in your guild/raid group. AOE was very well covered in my guild's kill, so I opted to go BM for better single target on the boss.

To stay on topic though, BM will be dethroned when they give it some shitty 4pc bonus in the next tier and/or buff MM so that it becomes competitive single target damage. The 4pc is just ridiculously good, arguably the best 4pc they ever made. I enjoy all the specs so I don't have a problem playing BM, but I wish that MM was more competitive as I don't like relying on a pet for half of my damage. I also would like to have MM back for arena purposes.

Deleted
    according to simcraft survival is like 500 dps better, so I guess BM has been "dethroned" already ^_-

Quote Originally Posted by haxiwage View Post
    according to simcraft survival is like 500 dps better, so I guess BM has been "dethroned" already ^_-
    Simcraft doesn't always account for reality.

Hunters certainly are not at the bottom of the list. I always see them in the top 5 in raids. BM is only stronger when there are no adds involved in fights. Which is rare in any of the MoP raids. Overall, if you include clearing trash, SV does the most overall damage. BM frequently wins on the actual Boss encounters but not always. I think the balance is pretty good now between the two. MM is still lagging behind.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 07:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by haxiwage View Post
    It depends which simcraft you use. Femaledwarf is still showing BM on top.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    I wouldn't definitely better, it depends on what you have for AOE in your guild/raid group. AOE was very well covered in my guild's kill, so I opted to go BM for better single target on the boss.

To stay on topic though, BM will be dethroned when they give it some shitty 4pc bonus in the next tier and/or buff MM so that it becomes competitive single target damage. The 4pc is just ridiculously good, arguably the best 4pc they ever made. I enjoy all the specs so I don't have a problem playing BM, but I wish that MM was more competitive as I don't like relying on a pet for half of my damage. I also would like to have MM back for arena purposes.
    You could still pull just about the same single target as SV than BM while having the adds to aoe and the buff which scales with your mastery and only procs off of your attacks so kill command can't proc it. It is definitely better.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    You could still pull just about the same single target as SV than BM while having the adds to aoe and the buff which scales with your mastery and only procs off of your attacks so kill command can't proc it. It is definitely better.
    Right....spamming AOE. But it's fine I'll agree to disagree, I'll just give Surv a whirl on our kill this coming week.

Deleted
    Right....spamming AOE. But it's fine I'll agree to disagree, I'll just give Surv a whirl on our kill this coming week.
    The buff after the add phase scales with SVs mastery and since SV and BM are so close in terms of damage single target already, that buff is enough to make it equal if not better, plus the amazing AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    The buff after the add phase scales with SVs mastery and since SV and BM are so close in terms of damage single target already, that buff is enough to make it equal if not better, plus the amazing AoE.
    There is a significant difference between BM and Surv single target (especially if you have the 4pc). Again, I am aware that the AOE is superior. Both specs do well on the fight, I just don't agree that Surv is undeniably better (especially if you take spamming AOE out of the equation.

There is a significant difference between BM and Surv single target (especially if you have the 4pc). Again, I am aware that the AOE is superior. Both specs do well on the fight, I just don't agree that Surv is undeniably better (especially if you take spamming AOE out of the equation.
    If you take aoe spamming out, SV will still be better that fight because you can use multi-shot every 15 seconds to spread your SrS to all of the adds. There really is no reason not to.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    survival is not better single target yet.

I like playing both specs, Surv/BM, one of those who were happy with MM taking a back seat. I remember those days of frustration back in t-11 spamming AiS (although we have a glyph for that now), I've always preferred Survival overall but I also enjoy BM a lot - making sure things line up and what not. Its nice to see skill pays of playing hunters now rather than the spec(s) being OP. Easy to tell a bad hunter from a good one now.

Survival and BM are very close indeed single target, just BM's burst is insane. A few lucky LnL procs during procs/pre potting can give Survival a good burst also. Survival is more a slow and steady spec - has always been like that - BM is more like a roller coaster ride, peaks and drops.
    Last edited by Windthorn; 2013-01-02 at 01:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    we have 3 spec 2 are full of sh$t useless maybe SV is good a little
    why u wish to our good playable spec "BM" to get nerfed u want hunter class to be full of crap ? that's why u r trying to say ?
    or what ????
    we already Nerfed BW and we have bug like powershot 3 cast 1/10 hit all the time i can say after rogue buffs we the worst class in mop now
    i remember at cata all hunters was crying about our position and how we was bad we we were demanding blizzard to balance us and fix our bugs
    after mop all start to say hunter op it must get nerf even hunters its not make sens i dont see ever locks or warriors or mages claim that there classes must get nerfed they defend there class
    but we not like them we deserve every nerf we got and any future nerfs
    pls defend our class don't ask for Nerfs for god sake and seem blizzard lsning to QQ form kids and noobs
    sorry about my poor english and i registerd to make this post
    Regards
    From old beast mastery Hunter
    Last edited by Steliios; 2013-01-03 at 12:09 AM.

Way to exaggerate. BM and SV are pretty close and there is no way Hunters are at the bottom. Another thing is that Glaive Toss is better than Power shot even if both are working right.
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    Way to exaggerate. BM and SV are pretty close and there is no way Hunters are at the bottom. Another thing is that Glaive Toss is better than Power shot even if both are working right.
    power shot working right ? how ? tell me 3 sec cast time and it miss like 1/10
    man it like chaos bolt but chaos don't miss the target easy 150k+ some lock will do more
    and u claim that power shot working right
    i think u r not hunter

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    power shot working right ? how ? tell me 3 sec cast time and it miss like 1/10
    man it like chaos bolt but chaos don't miss the target easy 150k+ some lock will do more
    and u claim that power shot working right
    i think u r not hunter
    I did not say it was working right. I said that even if Power Shot was fixed, Glaive Toss would still be better and that's what should be used.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2013-01-03 at 01:29 AM.