Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Click to move was very useful for the quest in Hyjal where you had to pick up the small animals. Turn on interact with left click, and click to move, and you'll follow and grab them.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Deleted
    You are wasting your time. They obviously do not want to get rid of botters anymore. Or for the last three years for that matter.

It's rather stupid suggestion. Instead, excessive use of click to move could set (if it's not already) suspicion flag for account. Much more effective.

I'd like to know where this "bot programs use click-to-move" theory has come from?

As someone who used to use WoWGlider many years ago I'm quite sure that didn't use click-to-move.

If there are any bot programs out there using click-to-move, it's a design choice, not a design requirement.

Removing click-to-move won't remove botters.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    You are wasting your time. They obviously do not want to get rid of botters anymore. Or for the last three years for that matter.
    Oh, I guess that's why they sued Glider creator into oblivion in 2010

I use click-to-move very often for traveling and questing, and would be sad if it was removed. I dislike auto-run. Mind you, I'm aware that I'm an oddball in that regard, but still. People vilify click-to-move too much. It's not like I'm using it to maneuver while raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daskapital View Post
    People with reduced mobility in their limbs use this feature... Any benefit of removing click to move will be temporary. The effect on people who actually need it to be able to play would be permanent. This is a really bad idea.
    Yes I agree. I know someone with CP, and though he doesn't play WoW he does play video games, and always has to resort to an unconventional control method. If he did play WoW I am sure he would be someone making use of click to move. Just because something isn't mainstream doesn't mean there are not folks who use and rely on it.
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    You indirectly punish a majority of players by letting bots roam free, if the small fraction of players who uses click-to-move are too horrible to adapt... their loss?
    You, along with anyone else on this thread who are thinking that removing CTM will wipe bots from existence, let alone hinder them, are clearly misinformed on bots.

Removing the feature would have a temporary impact, and as soon as the devs for these bots emphasizes on different ways to make your char move (which won't be long at all), the bots will be back. Duration of impact: the same as with a major patch release.

End result: feature used by some will be gone, bots will remain where they are.

PS: Calling CTMers horrible doesn't make you more right, cool, or interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    It's rather stupid suggestion. Instead, excessive use of click to move could set (if it's not already) suspicion flag for account. Much more effective.
    That, on the other hand, would be a more intelligent approach.
    "Brevity is...wit"

For battlegrounds they should make a modified "report afk" to "report bot" if enough players voted the person got kicked and it wouldnt matter if they were in combat or not. Maybe this would become to easy to exploit but random battlegrounds isnt fun anymore when over half the team are bots. It's battle of the bots, whoever has the least bots on the team win.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    I'm 50/50 when it comes to bots in all honesty. I definitely don't think Blizzard should ever allow them, but when I go the AH and see Hundreds of stacks of Green Leaf Tea (example) listed for 20g or less, I just say a quiet thankyou to those botters undecutting each other, buy them all and make a hefty profit.

I can understand peoples frustrations with bots, I really can, but I hope people realize that (on most servers anyway) most gathering mats are posted by bots, and to remove them would result in a serious under-supply and thus vast price inflation. Perhaps some people would take to farming again if it became more lucritive, but I still don't see supply keeping up with demand.

Once again, I'm not here to support botting (at all), but I am realistic about it and truth be told, I've never actually had a bad experience with them apart from perhaps in the odd BG where my side is dominated with bots who don't really contribute so we get rolled....
    That's similar to saying someone isn't opposed to deplorable labor conditions in other countries because it makes it cheaper for them to buy electronics.

"Oh gee, you know, I don't like it that they work for pennies on the hour but, god, if I had to shell out an extra 15 bucks for my iPhone..."

I don't believe immoral actions providing some minor benefit excuses said immoral actions.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Oh, I guess that's why they sued Glider creator into oblivion in 2010
    Thats was FIVE years ago. Maybe get your facts straight or stfu:
    http://virtuallyblind.com/2008/03/23...zzard-motions/

click2move is actually pretty cool if you just want to jerk around but worthless in the grand scheme of things

I used to use it while questing or farming to fly directly at objectives. Straight line is always the fastest way. If you click on a node it goes straight to it and uses it
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    So you consider legit CTM users as bots too. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    You indirectly punish a majority of players by letting bots roam free, if the small fraction of players who uses click-to-move are too horrible to adapt... their loss?
    Okay, so you ban every bot in the game, great, awesome.

Watch your AH explode with inflated prices.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Aftonflickan View Post
    Remove "click-to-move". That's all it would take to kill 90% of the botting population.

Most mainstream (ie. readily available for download for around 10 dollars) bots and gliders for WoW use click-to-move to navigate the game world, in addition to heavily scripted macros. Without this function, it would be nigh-impossible to create any efficient botting programs, and thus less people would be exploiting the game. This is due to the fact that bots which try and navigate using keystrokes often / nearly always get stuck / lost / killed.

Furthermore, I've NEVER seen or met a player who actually uses this functionality (I've been playing since early 2007), so I don't think it would be that big of a deal for the players themselves.

Thoughts? Why hasn't Blizzard realized this? Surely it's easier than plowing through reports and tickets and individually banning people...
    Because just as many DON'T use click to move, if it was disabled all it would do is force the other bots to migrate away (which would take about 48 hours) and they'd be back, but in the meantime it would screw the people that do legitimately use click to move.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't solve it, but it would stall bots for... 2, maybe 3 days before developers would find a way around it?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That's similar to saying someone isn't opposed to deplorable labor conditions in other countries because it makes it cheaper for them to buy electronics.

"Oh gee, you know, I don't like it that they work for pennies on the hour but, god, if I had to shell out an extra 15 bucks for my iPhone..."

I don't believe immoral actions providing some minor benefit excuses said immoral actions.
    I'm sorry, but Epic /Facepalm

Why do people compare WOW to real life? I mean honestly, that's just retarded. Yes, I cash in (virtual currency) on bots.... as does anyone (intentionally or otherwise) who buys mats from the AH to make a profit. That's hardly even in the same league as what you've described.

"Oh hey, you enjoy killing things ingame, you must be a serial killer!"

I mean come on people.... really?! I know WOW's addictive, but it is not real life! If ingame we were supposed to mirror real life morality the only games we'd be playing would be farmville and a heavily censored version of the sims.

Bots have always and will always exist in MMO's, instead of complaining, adapt.
    Last edited by Dakara; 2013-01-06 at 10:00 PM.

Deleted
    Removing this "Click-To-Move" will not solve anything in the long term, they will just find a new way.

What Blizzard should do is keep track of how many times a person uses Click-To-Move.
    Then after a random number between let say 500 to 1000 that account gets flagged, and after lets say 5000 it gets automatically banned for a short amount of time. The higher their "Click-To-Move"-number goes the longer the ban they get.

I'm sure this can be a safe way to pick out most (if not all) of the bots, if they add some "fail-safe" methods the people who are using "Click-To-Move" (I can't imagine why anyone would use that all the time) will not be flagged.

The only way -in my opinion- to stop bots is to ban (catch) them as soon as possible.
    Even if it's only few temporary bans to scare them.
    If Blizzard does not anything about them as they seem to do now, there will only be more and more bots and/or cheaters.
    Last edited by mmoc49f347c8fc; 2013-01-06 at 10:07 PM.