Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    The arugment that it has less murders because it's smaller does not always apply to every situation.

Guns were used in only seven murders in Japan — a nation of about 130 million — in all of 2011,

Every Year in the United States we have an average of ten thousand deaths it goes up and down from 9 thousand to 10 that is more then a big difference. It's massive. How can place with 130 million people not have more murders and we have one each and every other day. Simply more people cannot always be the answer.
    They have less gun violence, due to less guns.

What's the violent crime rate of Japan Vs. the United States?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I think I would save michal jordan's life. That guy was just such a great singer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't pay for food for anyone I'm not sleeping with and you shouldn't either.

400,000 guns to over 300,000,000.. yeah, quantity definitely applies

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So when you said you were being told to give things up you were just spouting nonsense?
    So Dianne Feinstein's bill doesn't actually ban anything?

That's good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrazero8 View Post
    So Dianne Feinstein's bill doesn't actually ban anything?

That's good to know.
    Again, feinstein's bill doesn't include guns you already own.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarus View Post

It's still surprising that a place has a bout four murders to Guns and we have ten thousand. Maybe most people can get over that but that tells me the culture or whatever is different. We are the ones so hostile when a ban on weapons. I've seen places all over the world and no one seems more hell bent on "Keeping our weapons" or aka "keeping our assault weapons" then United States

In Syria they been in a two year bloody war with no shortage of weapons. How did guns work out for them..

It's not just that it's entire attitude on guns. The violent reaction knee jerked when someone even hints at Gun Control not by all people but a few select reserved few.

I didn't say it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrazero8 View Post
    I didn't say it did.
    So what are you being made to give up?

So what? It's still banning guns/arms.

Which, according to the law of the land, goes against the Second Ammendment to the Constitution.

Would you get mad if the government banned games that you didn't own, but might want to own in the future?
    I think I would save michal jordan's life. That guy was just such a great singer

So what? It's still banning guns/arms.

Which, according to the law of the land, goes against the Second Ammendment to the Constitution.

Would you get mad if the government banned games that you didn't own, but might want to own in the future?
    The 2nd amendment doesn't give you a right to unregulated gun ownership.

It's still surprising that a place has a bout four murders to Guns and we have ten thousand. Maybe most people can get over that but that tells me the culture or whatever is different. We are the ones so hostile when a ban on weapons. I've seen places all over the world and no one seems more hell bent on "Keeping our weapons" or aka "keeping our assault weapons" then United States

In Syria they been in a two year bloody war with no shortage of weapons. How did guns work out for them..

It's not just that it's entire attitude on guns. The violent reaction knee jerked when someone even hints at Gun Control not by all people but a few select reserved few.
    Kinda like the violent knee jerk reaction to mass murders that are actually reported by the media, to immediately spout BAN GUNZ!@!!11one?

We're hell bent on keeping our arms, because it works, we've never been invaded, and, up until recently, tyranny usually hasn't been an issue.

What does your Syria analogy have anything to do with anything?

Because those other countries can count on us coming to protect them? I really doubt if any NATO country was attack, the US wouldn't intervene.

If people agree with less assault weapons is a GOOD thing is very insulting to turn it around and call them A Fused Camper.

Is it perhaps he see's the logic and reason in what I am saying. Just to note to Lemon. I still cannot see you're post because I blocked you that day you kept repeating insults to me even though I asked you several times to come with a solid argument rather then your overplayed

Go watch MSNBC.
    You aren't using logic. You are following things you hear on TV and then regurgitating them here. As many have said, banning something only on looks is a terrible idea. Unconstitutional, silly, won't solve any problems....
    Last edited by Self Inflicted Wounds; 2013-01-28 at 03:04 AM.

Maybe most people can get over that but that tells me the culture or whatever is different.
    Wait, the culture between the US and Japan is different? You don't say! One might even think this is a confounding factor when comparing data from these countries.

The 2nd amendment doesn't give you a right to unregulated gun ownership.

Mmmm. Yes, it does.

I'm pretty sure they wanted us to have the same modern technology that our government has.

We already don't kill each other in the street with our guns, why would we kill each other with rocket launchers or tanks?

Unless, you know, you're using one or more of your logical fallacies located in your own signature, like, the appeal to fear, or the appeal to wishful thinking, or the appeal to probability, or, perhaps, the appeal to popular belief.

By the way, if you're going to say a document that was made 200+ years ago is false and needs updating, or all that.

Use the wording definition they used back then.

A well regulated militia, meant a well trained militia.

They didn't want us to have regulated access to arms, because that's doing the exact thing they said you shall not do, infringe.

But it does include giving up specific rights.

So what are you being made to give up?
    My ability to buy any newly made rifles, handguns, and magazines mentioned in the bill.

Wait, the culture between the US and Japan is different? You don't say! One might even think this is a confounding factor when comparing data from these countries.
    If you have not heard me suggest by now that there are several other factors that contribute to a killing then a weapon then you just have not been paying attention to my reply's. I have several, several times suggested to talk about our culture of violence and what makes us so different from other countrys where we have so much violence.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...At-Large/page9

I even mentioned it in the starting point in another thread.

It keep's getting de-railed with people only asking me

What is difference from Semi Automatic and An Assault Weapon.

Completely ignoring what I had to say and instead focusing on my personal knowledge of weapon as if by doing that it would discredit other points made.

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Im a little late on this conversation and haven't read through most of the posts.
    But i just want to say Japan has one of the highest suicide rates (not trying to get off topic here). You have to keep in mind, its CRIME RATE not just GUN CRIME RATE. People say "well look at this country with their gun ban, gun violence went down". You must realize just because they have fewer guns doesn't mean its not a dangerous/deadly place.

If we are going to compare countries we have to keep in mind of culture, area, population, and maybe even media.
    Sorry if someone already posted this. Peace )

Mmmm. Yes, it does.
    Where? Where in "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." does it say they can't regulate guns? Hell the only time it mentions regulation is when it speaks in favor of it.
    But it does include giving up specific rights.
    If you define having your ability to exercise a right regulated as giving up said right then you have no rights to begin with.
    My ability to buy any newly made rifles, handguns, and magazines mentioned in the bill.
    Nope, you'll still have that right, there just won't be any new ones to buy.

Its just silly logic to think banning things in the United States will fix anything, will save tons of people, will stop bad guys from being bad guys. Weren't many, if not ALL of these mass shootings planned out, methodically?

Am I the only one that sees the same bad logic used on video games and music? People think Video Games cause violence. As if Fused, Wells, Semaphore or anyone else now has violent tendencies because they all play video games. The fact is, bad people were doing bad things before video games, or guns were invented. Banning some, or all guns will only take them away from or regulate good standing citizens. Bad people will still do bad things. Does censoring music actually make people stop cursing? All these types of laws do is take away liberties from good people, so that people that watch CNN and MSNBC can feel good about themselves.

Its fact that the previous ban did nothing, stopped nothing, and America still had mass shootings.