Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

LFR Soul Destroying.

For the last 4 weeks runing all the LFR's I have had zero drops. Now I know im not alone as im sure
    a lot of fellow gamers have had the same luck.
    Now it's really getting to the stage where i think why bother ?
    I dont have any coins to roll as i refuse to be tied to dailies again.
    TBH my gears not bad as I run a casual raid group but do need a few bits and pieces.
    Should I bite the bullet and start dailies for coins ?
    Or am I just an unlucky son of a bitch lol
    Anyone else feeling soul destroyed ?

RNG is RNG.
    This used to be just accepted as fact, but it seems in MoP there's a section of the community SO desperate to whine that they resort to threads about loot not dropping, vanilla style.

44 rolls (11 weeks, 2 bosses, 2 coins) no sha touched wep. But i still have hopes for next week
    Regarding loot, i always get 3 items/week.
    Last edited by aka; 2013-02-02 at 11:39 AM.

Yep, every week I find myself feeling more and more punished by doing LFR, When i do finally get a drop its a item I already got, useless.

Back in Cata at least I could have traded things, seeing items drop also help since you dont feel like nothing ever drops. I also refuse to do dailies because there boring, tedious and hasnt evolved at all since TBC imo. So I am stuck with the thought, should I keep doing them till I ruin any fun at all I have left, should I wait and stop doing them till blizz puts some kind of stacking buff on chance of a item dropping after each boss that you DONT already have, I dont know.

for me lfr until now worked like this
    about 80 bosses + 20 or so 2nd rolls with symbols (sp?)
    i got :
    * 1 cloak (wrong spec)
    * 1 weapon (edit : actually 2 weapons droped with the same boss, since i used a 2nd roll i got the same weapon twice .......)
    * 9 BP's .........

i hate selling epic items to vendors, when i know someone could use them, but you can't trade it even to the ones that where with you
    Last edited by Lierial; 2013-02-02 at 10:59 AM.

Okay, I'm going to assume you play this game for FUN, and my philosophy on feeling like this is that if it's not FUN, don't do it. If you think LFR feels like a horrible soul-crushing chore, don't do it. If dailies make you want to jump out a window, don't do them. Just stick to whichever parts of the game you actually LIKE, and if you feel like you have to do the horrible bits to succeed at the good bits, hey, maybe just try a different game altogether?

Bottom line: WoW is meant to be a silly little pastime. If it starts feeling like a job, just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    RNG is RNG.
    This used to be just accepted as fact, but it seems in MoP there's a section of the community SO desperate to whine that they resort to threads about loot not dropping, vanilla style.
    actually before MoP it was easier to gear up since there were many other alternatives, including 5 man dungeons that dropped epics (even if not the best) every player who started playing after TBC (in tbc epics we're still harder to get than in wotlk and later on) feel that the gear drops are somewhat scarce to them, hell even me who played since vanilla have had my heart broken many times due to not getting loots after several weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfster View Post
    actually before MoP it was easier to gear up since there were many other alternatives, including 5 man dungeons that dropped epics (even if not the best) every player who started playing after TBC (in tbc epics we're still harder to get than in wotlk and later on) feel that the gear drops are somewhat scarce to them, hell even me who played since vanilla have had my heart broken many times due to not getting loots after several weeks
    I don't know why you quoted me, your response makes little sense and certainly doesn't reply to what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    RNG is RNG.

Or it could be that the new loot system sucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfster View Post
    What's the difference between 4.3 heroics and 5.0 heroics?

Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    You only say that because RNG has been bad for you.

The argument of if it isnt fun dont do it, is not that simple, you got to gear up to be able to advance in both character way and content, together with LFR being dumbed down so much I find it hard to remotely find it interesting or challenging, not much left to have fun with..

Would you rather roll against 10 others? Most of them Needing on stuff they already have?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same as before.

In fact, now it's better.

Because before this system you would wait 3 weeks for a damn loot only to see how someonw with it's HC version would win it for his friend ^^
    Now at least you win or none does. Fair.

RNG is RNG, true, but maybe one should get like 1 guaranteed drop when you do LFR (not necessarily one for your spec though, just a random one guaranteed).
    Or the drop probability could be increased slightly.

Whatever. When many players are complaining about this it doesn't necessarily mean that things are completely wrong, but they may require a little bit of tweaking to make those players feel better.

Personally I don't care about LFR, I go 5manHC => NormalRaid with just a little bit of LFR on the side if I'm still <= 476, but I don't count on anything from LFR, and neither do I absolutely need it.

Deleted
    Almost two months with the only drop being gloves which I already had VP ones equipped; then in the past two weeks I get everything that I want and now just need a sha-touched weapon. RNG is RNG. Just got to keep at it.

I have 3 characters that I've been running LFR with each week. Until last week, only 1 had a sha-touched weapon. The other 2 were using blue weapons. Last week each one of my characters got a sha-touched weapon drop. The one that already had one now has a different weapon for transmorg or something. And the other 2 replaced their blues and could finally use their Wrathion gems.

I think the system is working great!

"Soul destroying", exaggeration much? If you don´t like it, don´t do it. if you want upgrades for your gear thorugh lfr, work for it like everyone else.

Deleted
    4-5 months and still no weapons. Yes.. i've used coins. RNG really hates me...

I did LFR for about 2 months and got one cloak from the BONUS roll. Absolutely nothing from any bosses.

I stopped playing for a bit and in the last couple of weeks since I've been playing again, I've got quite a few items.

I've never been a fan of LFR. All it does is serve to annoy people. In Cataclysm, loot issues from people needing anything. People complain so they fix that by providing RNG loot. People complain that they no longer get loot. Given LFR is not there to hand you out loot, those complaints are null and void.

The biggest joke has to be the LFR is too hard buff coming in 5.2. I seriously hope that buff is not introduced into the new raid tier. I mean, of course pugs are going to wipe on fights they've never seen.. so they get buffed by doing so? ><