Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzards new 'Big Thing' at the end of mist: Cross Faction Groups?

Ok, I remember now long ago one of the devs were saying that nearer the end of mists, much like how near the end of cata they introduced transmog and looking for raid, that they will be introducing something new and big.

Now it might sound crazy, but what if blizzard decides, using both the looking for raid and real ID system, that they make the raiding and dungeon content accessible cross faction, as a kind of inline with story mechanic where the alliance and rebel horde fight against Garrosh's forces.

Would this interest people, what would be the problems with having this ingame?

I don't see any point to implement such a feature.

Besides, why would I want to team up with them?

Cross faction groups? Nah, it's stupid idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be a cool feature if it was only used for a short while, as in Horde and Alliance team up in dungeons and raids to train to get stronger so they can beat Garrosh. Then the feature should be removed. Then again, it wouldn't really be a big thing if it only lasted for a while...
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Would make sense given the vision of a mixed faction army. I wouldn't mind it in reality. The whole faction thing makes sense yes but given how prone imbalances are on servers it is starting to be more of a problem verses something fun. I mean my old realm I would not bother to level Alliance because they were well... screwed.

It will make race choices more enjoyable. I love Trolls but hate Horde pretty much now. Also saying that factions can't mix seems... sort of racist? The whole "You can't be with them because I said so" sort of idea. Why can't I? Not all Orcses is bad not are all Humans noble.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

I was thinking of more in the line of being able to group up with characters of the other faction as long as you have them on Real ID would be the feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Ok, I remember now long ago one of the devs were saying that nearer the end of mists, much like how near the end of cata they introduced transmog and looking for raid, that they will be introducing something new and big.

Now it might sound crazy, but what if blizzard decides, using both the looking for raid and real ID system, that they make the raiding and dungeon content accessible cross faction, as a kind of inline with story mechanic where the alliance and rebel horde fight against Garrosh's forces.

That would make absolutely no sense. We're neck-deep in a war with the horde, why would they let us group with the enemy?
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    I can't see it happening at all. This game is called World of WARcraft, not PEACEcraft.

Blizzard didn't reintroduce the war element to Warcraft to then allow both factions to join hands.

And even if you fight Garrosh at the end of the expansion there is no need to join forces with the players from the other faction. It is also counter to Blizzard being against cross-faction communication.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    That would make absolutely no sense. We're neck-deep in a war with the horde, why would they let us group with the enemy?
    I ain't fighting alonside no stinky green/blueskins

Tauren are ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Cross faction groups don't fit under the category of things some people would only say "that's it?" about imo.

I can see CFG being widely detested for many reasons.

The main story of this expansion is the war between the horde and the alliance. Cross faction Groups? Makes no sense.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

I could actually see it happening, although probably with some heavy restrictions at the beginning. Perhaps limited to just ReadID groups and maybe a few select dungeons/raids in LFR/LFG.

This would serve as a testing ground for a much broader implementation in expansion 5. Sort of like how Dragon Soul was the testing ground for a full implementation of LFR.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's only with your real-ID friends, who cares. You are in an instance with them and nobody will notice. It's just like all the other factions that have members from both factions.

I like the idea.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Ghostcrawler said that some would love it, and that some would be going "Is that it?". I doubt a cross-faction group thing will be getting "Is that it?"-responses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god. I could see how disguisting things would look like. LFR forms a raid. Half alliance, half horde. People bitching at each other about how bad they are. I mean even regular LFR are somewhat like this and its all the same faction...

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

GC just had a tweet about this and he's saying some people will say "Ohh cool" others are going to say "is that it ?" So I don't expect it to be that big of a deal.

Rift implemented this or at least said they were going to with StormLegion, so it's not completely new or unheard of. In their case, you could even join cross faction guilds. Granted, they probably had to do it because of population issues and the lack there of.

I personally like the thought of it, but I don't see many others liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairm View Post
    Oh god. I could see how disguisting things would look like. LFR forms a raid. Half alliance, half horde. People bitching at each other about how bad they are. I mean even regular LFR are somewhat like this and its all the same faction...
    Part of me wants that kind of feature just to have people break out of their steroetyping mindsets. I still giggle when I hear one faction argue that the other faction is nothing but douchebag 12 year olds.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-02-05 at 02:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or they could implement a system like City of Heroes/Villains going rogue?

Heroes will be able to become Vigilantes, an intermediate step between hero and villain. This will enable them to team with villains. (and vice versa for villains)

Highly unlikely, at least for now. When the population drops significantly, they may consider that.

I'd rather see more cross realm features. Cross realm guilds, trading, auction houses (and maybe split the AH to include trading post style features, like people posting how much they're willing to pay for commodity items and the ability to instantly sell for that). Basically, things that reduce the impact of underpopulated realms or factions within realms.

Realms are kind of splitting into two camps. Those where all the end game PvE happens and those where it's becoming almost impossible to recruit new people to average guilds. Average players don't change servers, they just stop playing.

Deleted
    GC has said some people would react with "what, that's it?"

I doubt anyone would have that reaction to cross faction groups, some people would like it, some would froth at the mouth and pretend to quit.

Can be possible, since both sides may be taking the route of a joint effort to bring down Garrosh. But still, there are thousands and thousands of people battling against each other on various warfronts, such as WSG, AB, EotS and all the battlegrounds. It may be a bit absurd to bring that specific feature.