Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    'yoloswagging'.

Such a.. (lost for actual words..) terrible use of the English language.

Deleted
    The Love Rocket I'm pretty sure the drop chance has been increased. I've been farming it for years on several alts, got it last night on my alt (on EU servers). I NEVER get extremely low mounts, wasn't until the Onyxia buff that I got that mount.

As for the Sha / Galleon mount wasn't dropping at all. The armories players are linking are from players that acquired it THIS WEEK, which implies some kind of hotfix was put in place. Considering both bosses have been killed by like a million players since launch and no mounts were acquired until this week, yeh, seems extremely fishy. I doubt Blizzard will make Blue post about it, imagine the uproar if it was said on official channels from players that have spent coins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulleh View Post
    I agree, I miss the old days where you could at least hard-farm this stuff, compared to now where (excuse me) shitters get it on their first try over people like thread OP perhaps will never see it.

Had a guy in Laughing Skull doing it back in WotLK and yeah, he did get the mount in the end. Well deserved? Yes.

For the ones saying "You can't have everything", is just bullshit imo. And someone saying they deserve etc. That's cos it's damn rng, if you could at least farm the stuff you do deserve it as a lot of effort is put into it.
    Sadly I have to agree. I'd rather bash my head against the keyboard farming for bracelets to get the mount than being in the hands of the RNG gods. I'd be ok with it being RNG if the drop rate wasn't so ridiculously low, or if we could farm it whenever we wanted. But this is not the case. We have two weeks per year. Two freaking weeks. And we are limited by how many high level characters we have too. I'd rather it be like the old brewfest ram that could be bought, or the Noblegarden mount introduced last year.

I'm still flabbergasted at how Blizzard thinks this is fine, but whatever. I can't really call it a huge issue. But it is a huge annoyance, one that has no legitimate justification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    As for the Sha / Galleon mount wasn't dropping at all. The armories players are linking are from players that acquired it THIS WEEK
    I had a look through also, as this was interesting to me too. I couldn't find any evidence that it was only this week that either of them had the mount drop. In fact, seeing as one's EU, I'm going to go and see if he's online to ask when he got it. (will post screenie of convo also, if the /tinfoilhat brigade show up.)

I'm not saying it didn't drop for them this week, I'm just saying there is no evidence that they didn't drop earlier than this. Not yet anyway.

EDIT: Never mind, he got it yesterday just after the server restart. Looks like the hotfix was applied.
    Chat log of asking him (Heteroscodra) about it.
    Last edited by razski; 2013-02-10 at 03:16 PM.

The reason why the drop chance is so retarded for the rocket is because originally, it was a way to get 310% speed unlocked without becoming a Gladiator. This was before such speed was buyable. These days everybody has that speed, but the drop chance was never adjusted to be on par with every other event mount drop.
    Last edited by Merie; 2013-02-10 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Stop being so mad, you can't have everything and I'd pretty much like to keep yoloswagging this rocket in people's faces than have it end up in every casual's hands and make it as worthless as every other crappy mount in this game.

pic related
    .. Okay... this mount look ridiculous stupid.. i'm not a fan of pink but... just.. WHAT >.............>

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Like how my favorite Savage Raptor mount can be obtained by simply farming some bones next patch, but with a white hide color?
    Don't you mean slap in the face to the people who have the OG white raptor?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    .. Okay... this mount look ridiculous stupid.. i'm not a fan of pink but... just.. WHAT >.............>
    Aww but I love it The colour of the pink with the zebra print chair fabric, its adorable! Have ran it multiple times every day for as long as the event runs, every year since it was put in the game, and never seen it drop for anyone in those groups including myself.

I know it's not the normal run of the mill *WoW'ish looking mount* but it's certainly a mount I really would love to own!

Quote Originally Posted by Furiaen21 View Post
    Don't you mean slap in the face to the people who have the OG white raptor?
    Guess the same goes for the R12+ Vanilla PvP gear and TBC Blacksmith weapons being attainable in 5.2.

OnT: What could be done. (In favor to the thread OP(And my self sharing the opinion))

*Keep once a day basis but higher the drop rate (brewfest ~4%?) or just standard 1%. (Thinking 4% would be flavored as it's 2 weeks / year event.)
    *Revert the system to the old where you had limited summons on each char, so you can hard-farm it like before. (Wouldn't benefit casuals but wouldn't be worse than it is now)
    *Add it to the Token vendor. Not 10 tokens, more like 1-5k Love Tokens while keeping the daily farming as it is. That way the casuals can't complain as they can keep doing what we've been doing the past years and the ones that really want it can start farming.

Edit: Should post this on official forums maybe? Not sure if blues read this.
    Last edited by Lulleh; 2013-02-10 at 06:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something about mounting a big pink love rocket just doesn't appeal to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Sarval View Post
    Look at the dks activity, he just got the mystically epic feet portion of the achievement...from the sha boots. Put it together.
    Wouldn't exactly say that proves anything. Friend of mine had at least 3 sha kills before he got his boots. He never looted the corpse when he killed sha, so he didn't get the quest item.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    I had a look through also, as this was interesting to me too. I couldn't find any evidence that it was only this week that either of them had the mount drop. In fact, seeing as one's EU, I'm going to go and see if he's online to ask when he got it. (will post screenie of convo also, if the /tinfoilhat brigade show up.)

I'm not saying it didn't drop for them this week, I'm just saying there is no evidence that they didn't drop earlier than this. Not yet anyway.

EDIT: Never mind, he got it yesterday just after the server restart. Looks like the hotfix was applied.
    So much for the tinfoil hat. No drop before this week ever, now after hotfix people get the mount all over the place.

I hate how inconsistent they are with holiday mounts. When the LFD version of the Headless Horseman came out, the mount was dropping like candy (compared to previous drop rates) but they insist on maintaining the love rocket's rarity for no foreseeable reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    So much for the tinfoil hat. No drop before this week ever, now after hotfix people get the mount all over the place.
    I meant only that the tinfoil hat brigade tends to dispute anything you claim unless you bring proof, and sometimes even then, they will dispute it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Wouldn't exactly say that proves anything. Friend of mine had at least 3 sha kills before he got his boots. He never looted the corpse when he killed sha, so he didn't get the quest item.
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post

than look at the chat log, ty razski, he just got it after the hotfix, its proven that the mounts were not obtainable till after the fix, can we please drop the arguement now and let this horse RIP?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Something about mounting a big pink love rocket just doesn't appeal to me.
    Might appeal to women then.. or certain guys.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

My friend got the pink rocket last year, first day, first time he had ever done the dungeon. He hates it and I cried lol

Not really sure were people get the 11 chars per day thing you can have 11 chars per REALM and all mounts are BATTLE NET BOUND and that means 50 characters per account and you can have unlimited accounts and if you run it 50 times per day or 100, 200 if you got more accounts I am pretty sure you will get the mount

I won't be trying hard to get this one, though it is cute and I'd be happy to get it I'm just doubtful of my chances and only one maxed toon at the moment anyhow.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Someone just went full retard, I have a screenshot of a person riding the Galleon mount.
    Link it in the other thread, or better...just look at the screenie at go on armory to provide us with said person.