Thread: CISPA is back

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

This will not stop until they push it through, and they will, eventually.

Would someone mind quoting the actual text, I don't feel like clicking the links from my iPad.

Here's the thing - you already have effectively zero privacy on the net. Anything that appears otherwise is an illusion.

They wont stop till they get some bill passed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Would someone mind quoting the actual text, I don't feel like clicking the links from my iPad.
    H.R. 3523, a piece of legislation dubbed the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (or CISPA for short), has been created under the guise of being a necessary implement in America’s war against cyberattacks. But the vague verbiage contained within the pages of the paper could allow Congress to circumvent existing exemptions to online privacy laws and essentially monitor, censor and stop any online communication that it considers disruptive to the government or private parties. Critics have already come after CISPA for the capabilities that it will give to seemingly any federal entity that claims it is threatened by online interactions, but unlike the Stop Online Piracy Act and the Protect IP Acts that were discarded on the Capitol Building floor after incredibly successful online campaigns to crush them, widespread recognition of what the latest would-be law will do has yet to surface to the same degree.

10+ Year Old Account
    It also will not stop so long as people support the ones pushing this shit through. You can thank many of the great residents of states like mine for making this shit possible.
    I like sandwiches

Time to break out the pitch forks and torches again eh?

Deleted
    Why can't you get these morons out of your government, that's the will of the people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiz View Post
    Why can't you get these morons out of your government, that's the will of the people.
    Because it isn't the will of enough people. And not everyone agrees that everything digital should be free for anyone to download, pirate, etc etc. While the bill might not be the right bill there definitely needs to be something in place.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Here's the thing - you already have effectively zero privacy on the net. Anything that appears otherwise is an illusion.
    It's not the privacy, it's the control.

Is there a full document / pdf or whatever on the actual text, I wanna see.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-02-10 at 07:07 PM.

You are a terrorist!

"In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post

It actually feels like they view us as terrorists when they're suggesting bills like SOPA, ACTA and CISPA, depressing isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would imagine it's simply a way to create a place for any corporation, business, or other entity that uses digital media that allows them to maximise how much money they can make from their products.

If you enact that law in America, and everyone stores and distributes their digital media there, then creates a hundred-and-one laws that stop anyone making anything similar, distributing it from outside the USA, or entering the market, you effectively have a monopoly. People will pay for neither quantity nor quality, they simply pay because there is nowhere else to get whatever is being sold.

That's my theory on why they keep trying to pass these bills, and why they won't stop being passed. When money is concerned, nothing will stop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    that is an excellent reason to strip away more rights.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    It actually feels like they view us as terrorists when they're suggesting bills like SOPA, ACTA and CISPA, depressing isn't it?
    That's because they actually view you as such. Especially in the USA.

Welcome back to the old soviet union! Where censorship is a fact! Atleast communism is meant to be run by its citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    Yes. It's one of the reasons why my faith in humankind is so low, maybe I should adapt the "sit back and watch the world burn" philosophy that George Carlin often talked about.
    Last edited by Dezerte; 2013-02-10 at 08:11 PM.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    That's because they actually view you as such. Especially in the USA.
    here is video of Bush confirming that

That bush quote was classic.