10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Outdated curricula. Used to be that cursive was a sign of intelligence and sophistication, so you wrote in cursive to be taken seriously.

Now, if you hand write at all, you're a fossil and not worth listening to.
    It's not even that. Cursive is difficult to read and frankly only wastes time.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Outdated curricula. Used to be that cursive was a sign of intelligence and sophistication, so you wrote in cursive to be taken seriously.

Now, if you hand write at all, you're a fossil and not worth listening to.
    So, my writing being illegible means I'm great?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I was reading at a fifth grade level in first grade, and then almost skipped a grade around third grade and almost made the gifted class (stupid timed test, guess it's been an issue all my life).

Then I averaged a C in high school....
    I always excelled in school, but only enough to do well, not to skip grades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    I doubt you'll be able to find a Sprite replacement.
    That's like taking the fountain of youth and replacing it with tonic water
    marriage is when you bet someone half your stuff they won't leave

I was reading at a fifth grade level in first grade, and then almost skipped a grade around third grade and almost made the gifted class (stupid timed test, guess it's been an issue all my life).

I'm a freak of nature. 9th grade reading level entering first, the only reason I didn't get into the gifted program first try was similar to yours. I was too analytic. I didn't go with my gut, I was very deliberate in my answers. Parents didn't want me to skip a grade because I was already socially awkward.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonform View Post
    after each new spoiler i see i come to the conclusion that the season finale will be awesome
    Dem spoilers man.

Quote Originally Posted by Solazz View Post
    Because it looks pretty.

I forgot how to write in cursive.

Except for the first letter of my name so I can use my "signature". Which is just the first letter of my name in cursive followed by

scribbles that look like cursive and a big long dash over my last name to give the illusion that there is a "t" in there somewhere.
    My signature is a vaguely m shaped scribble, which is odd considering none of my names start with m

Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    It's not even that. Cursive is difficult to read and frankly only wastes time.
    I agree. Normal writing is so much clearer, I hate when people use cursive.

High School Musical is on. I am tempted to change it, but lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    after each new spoiler i see i come to the conclusion that the season finale will be awesome
    Three songs stuck into 22 minutes of show. I have a feeling it will be a musical. I do not like musicals. That's the one thing that Animaniacs flawed on. They had way too much music. The movie specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Hetalia McAzuslut View Post
    So, my writing being illegible means I'm great?

I always excelled in school, but only enough to do well, not to skip grades.
    Very much emphasis on the used to bit. Nobody takes cursive seriously anymore except grade school teachers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a freak of nature. 9th grade reading level entering first, the only reason I didn't get into the gifted program first try was similar to yours. I was too analytic. I didn't go with my gut, I was very deliberate in my answers. Parents didn't want me to skip a grade because I was already socially awkward.
    I'm just a maths merd, always have been, as well as language nerd for anything that isn't danish (Seriously, fuck danish).
    Wish we had a gifted program here.. We have one for the stupid people so they don't fall behind

Very much emphasis on the used to bit. Nobody takes cursive seriously anymore except grade school teachers.
    Not even they take it seriously over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'm just a maths merd, always have been, as well as language nerd for anything that isn't danish (Seriously, fuck danish).
    Wish we had a gifted program here.. We have one for the stupid people so they don't fall behind
    I remember "popcorn" reading time in first grade, during which I was told to read something that would actually challenge me. I read the Catcher in the Rye at some point that year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Three songs stuck into 22 minutes of show. I have a feeling it will be a musical. I do not like musicals. That's the one thing that Animaniacs flawed on. They had way too much music. The movie specifically.
    I really love the songs of MLP. I can´t get enough of them. I cant wait to see the new episode

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, my body is ready for it to be a musical.

I was in the gifted program during elementary school and then in "high performance" math classes during jr. high/high school. The only grade of school I skipped was my senior year of high school. Having the state pay for a year of college was nice :P.

The kicker, the thing that shocks even the most die-hard English geeks, I read Moby Dick, the most boring popular novel in existence, in it's entirety in the third grade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokom View Post
    I agree, my body is ready for it to be a musical.

I was in the gifted program during elementary school and then in "high performance" math classes during jr. high/high school. The only grade of school I skipped was my senior year of high school. Having the state pay for a year of college was nice :P.
    I always knew Rokom was a genious

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

Deleted
    I write in cursive all the time.
    With the left hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember "popcorn" reading time in first grade, during which I was told to read something that would actually challenge me. I read the Catcher in the Rye at some point that year.
    I didn't like reading books like that.

"Oh, but it's a classic!"
    "I know, that's why I don't want to read it."

Kind of unfair, but last time I read a classic, I was forced to read Great Expectations.

Fuck that book. Seriously. Utter shit writing subjects at its finest.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

Hey

hey

don't be hatin' on my Animaniac's songs. That nations of the world song got me through 5th grade social studies.

10+ Year Old Account
    No clue what book that is, never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokom View Post
    Ever since they started giving advanced classes of subjects I've been in them, even though I wasn't great at English. Apparently I did better than the rest of my year. I've always been in the highest possible Maths classes, excluding this year as it clashed with Japanese and I am not giving that up.