Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawor View Post
    Should check this out (if i can post links )

http://i.imgur.com/mxQTQW5.jpg
    Makeup is kewl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I've never understood why women can wear heels to appear taller but when men do it with elevated shoes, it's forbidden. Combine that with women who not only want men taller than them, but men taller than them while they're wearing 5 inch heels...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for makeup until you start looking emo or like one of those overdone chicks from liverpool. I look at makeup as if it's cologne, a little bit goes a long way.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

You can polish a turd....

And then there's the 6th one down who's really pretty and then looks like a mannequin after >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I've never understood why women can wear heels to appear taller but when men do it with elevated shoes, it's forbidden. Combine that with women who not only want men taller than them, but men taller than them while they're wearing 5 inch heels...
    Well if you're 6'5 - 7 feet then it's no problem but we all aren't gifted with great height.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makeup, like jewelry, is a waste of money. In my opinion, of course.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    Males species are visible creatures and they get turned on by the beauty of females species, their body, their face, and so on.
    Don't be sexist.
    Females also use appearance as an indicator of health and strength of potential mates.
    Hence, the peacock, etc.
    See Darwin, Charles: On The Origin of Species, et. al.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    It's not forbidden, just mocked.

Sarkozy wore lifts, and he was president of France and pulled Carla Bruni.

Sven Goran Eriksson wore lifts, and his pants spent most of the time around his ankles.

Deleted
    I wear make up for myself not for the guys to see.
    Why wear nice clothes when you can wear ugly clothes? Why wear clothes at all during summer when you're just hiding reality with it?
    Because people can and want to.

yea I saw this, if I were to be the shallow man these women want to attract, then I'd have every right to treat them like crap and ditch them when I see them without makeup, false advertisement and all that jazz. But I digress, I wouldn't really do it, infact I feel sorry for women worldwide who do this and wish there was a way to get them to think optionally rather than mandatory

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 08:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Katharsia View Post
    I wear make up for myself not for the guys to see.
    Why wear nice clothes when you can wear ugly clothes? Why wear clothes at all during summer when you're just hiding reality with it?
    Because people can and want to.
    well for one, wearing clothes is hygenic and needed in cold weather to keep warm etc. As for nice vs ugly clothes, that does kind of fit in with the OP but I didnt want to get into that as everyone wears clothes and it has its realistic uses. Whereas makeup is almost all women and men actors and the sprinkled regular male like the one who posted here

I don't have a problem with makeup. It's no different than clothes really, people dress in what they like to both look good to themselves and (sometimes) to others. Makeup serves the same purpose. If we're talking about being all natural, we might as well go join a nudist colony, never shave, never use shampoo or deodorant, and so forth. That being said, there's definitely such a thing as too much makeup. Thin eye liner, cover up over acne, and perhaps a little lip gloss can make any girl look better, but preferably no more than that. And of course, none on guys. I could overlook a guy covering up acne, but anything further than that and it's just weird, sorry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpocrates View Post
    yea I saw this, if I were to be the shallow man these women want to attract, then I'd have every right to treat them like crap and ditch them when I see them without makeup, false advertisement and all that jazz. But I digress, I wouldn't really do it, infact I feel sorry for women worldwide who do this and wish there was a way to get them to think optionally rather than mandatory

well for one, wearing clothes is hygenic and needed in cold weather to keep warm etc. As for nice vs ugly clothes, that does kind of fit in with the OP but I didnt want to get into that as everyone wears clothes and it has its realistic uses. Whereas makeup is almost all women and men actors and the sprinkled regular male like the one who posted here
    Thats why i said during summer, It makes sense in winter to wear clothes because of the cold but in summer you don't really have that issue.
    As for hygenic thats pretty valid. But to make it easier for ourselves we might aswell wear uniforms instead of all clothes being diffrent.

if it's not faked there was more involved than some cosmetics, unless u call plastic surgery some cosmetics ofc

Meh, who cares. I tell my gf she doesn't need it but she does it for herself to make herself feel better and more confident. What's wrong with that? I just want her to stop so it doesn't take her fucking hours to get ready whenever we go out

10+ Year Old Account

Why bother with anything that is aesthetically pleasing?

Males can get turned on by Females without makeup, otherwise we wouldn't even exist today.
    Women have been wearing cosmetics for all of recorded history. Women want to look attractive and cosmetics do that to some extent. It's not a big freaking mystery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by angelofblood View Post
    if it's not faked there was more involved than some cosmetics, unless u call plastic surgery some cosmetics ofc
    Looking at those photos, none of the women look to have had noticeable plastic surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by angelofblood View Post
    That is all cosmetics. I've been on the website that is from. You underestimate how much makeup can do.

Well, except the last one obviously :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Basing some points on my experience with my girlfriend... she doesn't wear much makeup at all. Infact, all she wears is eyeliner and that's to accentuate her eyes which are a wonderful feature. I don't think anyone would say eyeliner as a cosmetic is "lying" in the sense that foundation, blusher etc. could be perceived, more of an aid to natural beauty. WHICH, coincidentally, is what I would say is one of the two philosophies of cosmetics; Aid to natural beauty and cover-up/fake beauty. If these where the two black and white categories of cosmetics then ofcourse I'd be the first to say that the cover-up/fake beauty side of cosmetics is something I don't support.
    About high-heels, well... I guess women are generally shorter than men and feel that to stand tall among the opposite gender makes them feel strong and more independent in a male-orientated society. Nah, just kidding - my girlfriend wears high heels during fancy occasions because she likes the "pretty shoes" and for no reason of being taller. And yes, I have asked her.

To answer some of your questions, I think that cosmetics shouldn't have died out as such, but certainly not developed into the whole cover-up and fake beauty scene that it is today. If cosmetics only existed as an aid to natural beauty rather than crazy things like breast implants and fake-tan then that'd just be dandy, but ofcourse different people have different tastes and it's not a black and white situation there are grey areas. Not forgetting ofcourse, no matter how much people want to preach "everyone is beautiful in their own way" some people are down right hideous .
    Would I have any kind of negative thoughts about you wearing a wig, crotch-stuffing etc.? I'd like to say no but honestly, yes. I'll only focus on the wig here.... I think wigs are hilarious. I can't take anyone wearing a wig seriously because I just think they are a ridiculous idea, I don't know what it is about them but wearing fake hair just comes across as a completely absurd idea. A twist on that, a woman who wears a wig because she lost her hair? Well, that could be because she liked how she looked with hair or because society deems it "unusual" for a woman to go bald.... In the first instance, go ahead - I'll still find it hilarious though. In the second instance, well that's just sad and another case of cover-up cosmetics.

tl;dr - I like cosmetics if they are subtle and aid the natural looks of the wearer, but think that using cosmetics to cover up your natural appearance or "lie" is kind of unclassy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Men's cosmetics is a huge industry in South Korea. Women like it because it shows men care for their appearance.