Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The one with the best escape mechanisms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I don't know what game you play, but enhance has probably the worst survivability of all
    Have to agree here, just stun into a silence and you got plenty of time to go to town on the poor defenceless bastard. If for some strange reson the enhance is still alive just put disarm after the silence. Also enhance can throw 2 heals before they are oom if not hitting on a target, and when they are oom they wont be able to use their normal attacks. gg

Paladin - bubble-hearth.
    Feral druid - nerf-the-damn-animals-to-the-ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    The way I see and play, and what I can think of off the top of my head:

Feral (Survival Instincts and Barkskin, self healing talent, Bear form)
    Warriors
    Ret Pallies (Bubble/LoH, 20% bubble, Sacred Shield)
    DK (Ghoul sac (if spec'd), IBF, Lichbourne heals)
    Monk (a lot of the abilities come into use for all specs)
    Enh Shaman (Wolves heal, Shamanistic Rage, healing totems, Maelstrom heals)
    Rogue (Leeching poison, Recup)

There is a lot more missing here that I need to look into
    Ret paladin too high on your list. In serious PvP (1800+ arenas and RBG's) LoH is UN-useable, Bubble is instantly dispelled by the 2 most common classes in high-end PvP (warriors / Priests), and Sacred shield can be dispelled (also, Ret Paladins dont take Sacred Shield for PvP)

Im suprised to see ferals up there on the list. Didnt their bear form lol-frenzied-regen-to-full get removed in cata?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Im suprised to see ferals up there on the list. Didnt their bear form lol-frenzied-regen-to-full get removed in cata?
    Not really. The bigger point is they can't be stopped outside of a hard CC, so when in doubt they can just pillar hump at 130% speed shifting roots.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

They also have some healing so they have the ability to run and heal. They do have decent HP/Armor in bear form so don't discount it. Mostly though they are getting a slight nerf to survivability because of the cooldown placed on clone. That was their biggest boost was how much damage they stopped with instant clones.

On that note, does anyone know if the clone that disc priests get from symbiosis will also have that CD from a feral? I have played that comp in 2v2 and it was near impossible to do anything because the disc was fear/clone/fear/clone while the feral raped my partner.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    They also have some healing so they have the ability to run and heal. They do have decent HP/Armor in bear form so don't discount it. Mostly though they are getting a slight nerf to survivability because of the cooldown placed on clone. That was their biggest boost was how much damage they stopped with instant clones.

On that note, does anyone know if the clone that disc priests get from symbiosis will also have that CD from a feral? I have played that comp in 2v2 and it was near impossible to do anything because the disc was fear/clone/fear/clone while the feral raped my partner.
    It won't because the version of the spell you get is from any druid, not just ferals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    1- arms
    2- feral
    3- enhance
    4- monk
    5- unholy
    6- rogue
    7- ret
    8- frost

I see you left out Fury/Prot Warriors, Prot Pally, and Blood DKs. And you just say monks. A BM Monk has high survivability.

1. Blood DK
    2. BM Monk
    3. Prot War/Guardian (druid)
    4. Arms/Fury
    5. Frost DK
    6. Feral/Unholy DK/MW Monk
    7. Ret Pally/Enh Shaman
    8. Rogue

Feral might be a little higher, only because they can still go into bear form, but I know I can survive a lot easier on my Frost DK than I can on my Feral druid. Maybe I am just more comfortable playing my DK over the druid now. Anyways, that's my rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post

Basically, Unholy can live for a long time on their own but they really shine when they are kiting melee and LoS ranged and letting all of their diseases and pets do their dirty work. Unfortunately most DKs just run out into the open and get blown up and wonder why they are so squishy.
    1-5 uh, but rest counts for all dk specs. While its true, uh has more survivabilty your last comment is very biased or just outdated.

Seems you played last time your uh dk in wotlk.....? at Cata release uh dks are melees now. You can try to kite away some burst, but you have to stay on your target to keep up timed necros, or do you really expect a healer or his mate have pressure by just diseases and the very squishy pet? smart players will focus the insaneley squisy pet and and your dmg is gone. Besides most players cannot simply play uh dk cause of its annoying playstyle. too much caring of the pet, a ton of pet makros just to get it working and you have to watch for the stackable buff too when its time to tranform it along with the gargoyle+trinket burst to get the real pressure out.

Unholy could be a very cool spec in pvp, but currently it simply isn't, as its akward to play in an pvp environment.Iam interested to play unholy again and even did in some arena and bg games had success vs warris and ferals, which are a big trouble as frost dk, il ike how the pet hits them in the back, without overcoming high avoid and parry, diseases add up too and coils. But not sure if the coil is on the dmg output lvl of a wotlk dk i doubt it.

Anyways....in 5.2 hopefully uhdk will be less annyoing to control - without 60rp cost to gargoyle burst, burst will come sooner too, i have no doubts that uh will be better as frost come 5.2. just when it comes to frost i would rather see dw buffs to make it more usable in pvp, cause 2hand kinda sucks on plate, not only cause of the armor but also cause of the high parry/dodge, i feel sometimes gimped as frost against very strong melees. als our execute is a joke for pvp.

I think the dk in mop was only balanced about pve nothing else. i see no pvp adjustments the design itself is too pve oriented they tried to make the dk more complex and interesting to play in pve but did not think about pvp situations.(best example: soulreaver)

Anways, intersting comments about the enhancer ins this thread, shaman is the only class i never played in the endgame, protection vs chain stuns is really handy, especially in some of the most annoying bgs nowdays, where u get always chain stunned 24/7.

Why do people think ferals have good defense in mop? U are usually in catform now, the bear in feral cat spec won't last long, and ferals are too easy to stun and fear, in those ccs they usually die if the burst is high(fear+chaosbolt comes to mind, or warri burst with stuns) or the high feral burst is nullified. At least a mate can dispel the fear except he got cced too.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-02-28 at 07:38 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockrocker75 View Post
    I see you left out Fury/Prot Warriors, Prot Pally, and Blood DKs. And you just say monks. A BM Monk has high survivability.

1. Blood DK
    2. BM Monk
    4. Arms/Fury
    5. Frost DK
    7. Ret Pally/Enh Shaman
    8. Rogue

Feral might be a little higher, only because they can still go into bear form, but I know I can survive a lot easier on my Frost DK than I can on my Feral druid. Maybe I am just more comfortable playing my DK over the druid now. Anyways, that's my rankings.
    Why do people keep bringing up the tank specs? Nobody is asking about tanks. This is PvP. He's not asking about the best FC, he's asking what melee dps are the hardest to take down. Also not sure why you have frost below Unholy.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    second wind makes me wana punch babies. when warriors live thru two shadow word deaths, something is broken.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Kidney shot requires combo points and energy but shock wave require nothing and stuns 3 people. Shock wave was better in so many ways.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-03-01 at 04:28 PM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    Kidney shot requires combo points and energy but shock wave require nothing and stuns 3 people. Shock wave was better in so many ways.
    Kidney Shot justs last 6s, and has a 20s CD, allowing you with 1 instant ability to CC your kill target 30% of the time; coupled with a 5s Cheapshot to start and you have a more bullshit stun chain then the thankfully getting removed Warbringer-Shockwave.

Rogues act like combo points and energy is hard to come by, it's not. The PTR is up, go play a rogue, its really fucking easy.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Kidney and cheap shot are on the same dr aren't they. Ptr is different from live but on live in d stance i never have to worry about rage but on my feral and rogue their are times where i can't do anything because of a lack of energy basically dropping my damage to zero.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    5s cheapshot into 3s kidney DRd into 4s Paralytic into 5s silence into 4s Horror into 5s cheap shot! into Hex. Did that last night to a disc priest playing RPS on the PTR. He didnt get to do shit And only the hex was a cast.

The truth is rogues getting this level of control is only acceptable when they have low damage and defenses on ptr they have high of both, and it's a trainwreck.
    30% damage reduction from feint and defensive CC whenever I got swapped to, 100K+ Evis 70K+ Ambush when I am bursting. Ridiculously long instant CC chains to tunnel down healers. Though on live I think I will just end up playing rogue hunter disc, since there you can kill a healer in only the cheapshot silence.

Dusting off my HARP rogue who hasn't seen high end arena since S4 for this abortion of a patch. If you cried when I raped on my warrior, the rogue raping will be twice as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockrocker75 View Post

1. Blood DK
    2. BM Monk
    4. Arms/Fury
    5. Frost DK
    7. Ret Pally/Enh Shaman
    8. Rogue

Thought it was clear I was referring to PVP relevant specs. Blood DK, BM monk, fury warrior, prot paladin, are not relevent specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lierial View Post
    sorry, i can maybe see dk but retri they are currently in an abysmal shape pvp-wise, no dps, no surviability
    and don't say they have DA half the classes can dispel it, and even it they don't all it does is giving you 6s more
    Lol dks having more survivability than a hybrid class who has Sacx2/freedomx2/bopx2 1 bubble that gives immune to all dmg another that reduces spell dmg, + wog, + heals + blind and stun and probably more...

Dks, blood pressence (does nearly nothing and significantly reduces dmg) ams (5 secs of spell immune) ibf 20% dmg reduction Death strike that costs 2 runes and does like 20k healing pet sac, 180k heal on 2 min CD and lichbourne healing which hardly anyone takes advantage of because it costs so much RP and a silence.

Ret: 12+ defensive abilitys.
    frost Dks: 7 defensive abilitys.

So not sure how you came to the conclusion of rets being worse of than DKs they may be bad but the only reason DKs are even played atm is because you can put out a retarded amount of dmg, not sure about unholy but I wish i played my ret this season over my dk.

Ret paladin by far.

They have so many defences - a dispellable immunity for 8 seconds, a dispellable physical immunity, can go immune to snares and roots for 6 seconds and can use it twice in a row for a full 12 seconds, two possible snares that suffer no damage or utility loss and then after all that they have OP heals and so much armor from plate.

Their group utility is OP as well, even though their survivability is so good everyone trains them because if they don't they'll use 3 heals and dispellable utility on their allies. Why are blizzard buffing them so much?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
    Ret paladin by far.

They have so many defences - a dispellable immunity for 8 seconds, a dispellable physical immunity, can go immune to snares and roots for 6 seconds and can use it twice in a row for a full 12 seconds, two possible snares that suffer no damage or utility loss and then after all that they have OP heals and so much armor from plate.

Their group utility is OP as well, even though their survivability is so good everyone trains them because if they don't they'll use 3 heals and dispellable utility on their allies. Why are blizzard buffing them so much?
    Two possible snares that suffer no damage or utility loss? K, you have never played a Paladin. SoJ is a pretty huge dps loss. Assuming the other is BoG or new Hammer 90 talent? Ok, 90 talent is a MASSIVE loss over prism, still. BoG IS A MASSIVE LOSS OVER FIST OF JUSTICE IN ALL PVP SITUATIONS.

WoG is pretty much useless. You're right in that they can sit there and shoot out heals every like what, 10 seconds for WoG and 16ish for Flash of Light? Too bad with battle fatigue and MS they hit like a wet noodle on yourself, and you won't ever need to heal your allies because the other team sits on your face all game.

Blizzard is buffing them so much because >1% of Gladiators this season are Ret. They SHOULD be buffing Ele and Enhance.