Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Atleast 49 level 80 hunters in shattered halls on tichondrius, also 15 85 paladins in halls of lightning.

Haha this is kind of comical. They all have the same gear and glyphs. Misdirection for their pets I guess. I wonder if they're just after the gold drops? It's inefficient but if they're automated then they don't care.

I see 49 on the realms I checked. I know it's probably more, but even not, that's 750 a month right there, times how many realms and factions? This kind of botting is so obvious, Blizzard really is full of crap when they say they give a damn about botting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringerbell View Post
    Who the hell cares
    You do. You clicked the thread.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

nothing will come of reporting them as long as blizzard stands by their "we don't ban people that pay for subscription"
    I think my friend has been suspended at least 15 times now for botting but never banned.

I can see it now, WoW in 2023, everything is a bot automatically interacting with each other and nobody real plays the game.

It is the work of account hackers / gold sellers.

They hack old accounts that are no longer active, then use Scroll of Resurrection on them. They then make a new instant level 80 hunter on the account and farm Shattered Halls with a bot for 7 days, sending all the gold from vendored items to another account.

Even if you report them, it won't matter, because the accounts will be inactive in a few days anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Just another day's work for The Bot Police. We should all form a guild. Make a theme song. Go solve mysteries together in a tie-dyed van.
    I prefer meeting up at junes.

Quote Originally Posted by PickledOnion View Post

They hack old accounts that are no longer active, then use Scroll of Resurrection on them. They then make a new instant level 80 hunter on the account and farm Shattered Halls with a bot for 7 days, sending all the gold from vendored items to another account.

Even if you report them, it won't matter, because the accounts will be inactive in a few days anyway.
    interesting, i definitely know they target old accounts to hack. ridiculous
    Sig by Populaire

10+ Year Old Account
    Things like the Enchanting recipes for Cat's Swiftness and Boar's Speed can drop in the Shattered Halls and those still sell for a pretty penny. On my main server, you can get 5k-10k gold for one of those recipes. Perhaps that's what the bots are after? Odd world drops that used to like to show up in TBC heroics?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Just checked my realm...41 80 hunters in Shattered Halls and 13 85 Paladins in Halls of Lightning. Those were the only toons at all in either instance.
    Maybe the chinabotters mistranslated HALLS OF LIGHTNING for SHATTERED HALLS.

/shrug
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

15 bots on my realm

this is really awkward(all level 80 hunter)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

80 because... of Scroll maybe?

They might be running it for the greens.

I don't know if I'm lucky, but I usually got a lot of green gear from running that place when I was farming the mace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PickledOnion View Post

Seems about right. I suppose the better way to do something about it would be to never buy gold than reporting. As this poster points out the accounts that would be actioned were blizz to take any would not really be the perpetrators of the infractions. I wonder what percentage of WoW players buy gold anyway...

edit: not that there is anything wrong with reporting it...odds are if we know about so does blizzard though.
    "Brevity is...wit"

OP you just noticed this? It's not just Shattered Halls. You'll also see lots farming Botanica in Netherstorm and Lightning Halls in Storm Peaks.

Like I said in plenty of threads like this before, they run these instances not for a specific mat or anything. They run these instances because they have the easiest A.I. pathfinding for botting and provide the most gold per hour. These bots are programmed to sell everything at the nearest NPC, fly to the instance, run it until it gets locked out, and then log off.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah this has been going on for ages. It's just more behind the scenes now than it used to be. In Vanilla it was Undead/NE rogues in greens farming ogres in Deadwind/Burning Steppes and some in EPL too I think. Back then they were actually people, Ever since TBC though it's been bots in instances.

Messin' with bots.
    Yes my UI sucks but thats only cuz I redid it on my Hunter and this is the first time I logged on since so its 1/2 assed.

No bots on my server in Shattered Halls or Halls of Lightning.

I don't know why, but that makes it even more depressing how dead it is.

don't people still get a free level 80 with gear from the new scroll of ressurection? If so its probably hackers using that so they can farm for gold? <---i have no idea if this is correct but it seems like that is a valid reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-SH-right-now

Hall of Lightning is Paladins and SH are Hunters
    Why is this? Why not Sethekk Halls or Auchenai Crypts, Slave Pens...have a ton of trash for gold. Why is SH for Hunters and HoL for pallies?
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

And on US-Proudemore.