Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Im on Frostwolf server and we lose bgs about 60-70% of the time. Unless it is Silvershard Mines - then we lose 99% of the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been on 3 battlegroups during my 8,5years of WoW. Horde won more than Alliance on all of those at least.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    i quit about a month ago and then people using Oqueue recorded alot more wins for horde then alliance except on alterac valley
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

It seems as if no matter where you go your faction always loses. But, It does seem as if horde have a slight advantage. perhaps a well kept secret.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    You should use an addon that tracks your BG win ratio, everything else is inaccurate, as people always emphasize losses over wins. The addon is called REFLEX.

My score from solo random lvl 90 BGs is 62 - 43, while gearing up my hunter.
    I remember that in Cata it was the same, like 1.4 times more wins than losses.

Overall score from the official statistics panel of my alliance hunter (win - loss):

AV: 221 - 148 (60%)
    AB: 158 - 113 (58%)
    BfG: 71 - 70 (50%)
    EotS: 59 - 181 (24%) wtf... was surprised to see this
    SotA: 114 - 102 (53%)
    TP: 118 - 99 (54%)
    WSG: 133 - 140 (49%)
    SM: 15 - 19 (44%)
    ToK: 14 -13 (52%)
    IoC: 109 - 81 (57%)

So apart from EotS, nothing unusual, so go check your statistics and see what you can find there.
    I think the EotS is bugged for everyone. Check your armoury pane on RBG for instance, no one has apparently won rated EotS, and for random EotS, statistics could display like 20 wins and 100 losses, while you actually have more like 50 wins (check your Eye of the Storm Veteran achievement progress if you dont have it)

Edit: checked my rogue's armory. Under statistics, it says 246 battles and a whooping 7 wins, but that's bullshit, because I have the meta for EotS
    Last edited by Faenskap; 2013-03-21 at 10:20 PM.

1) The win rate for BGs, at least during the ICC era, were around 53% horde 47% alliance. This was found by scanning the armories of nearly every max level character at the time.

2) If your win/loss rates vary significantly from that, its probably because you're either very good or very bad, depending on which way the win rate is skewed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see these posts all the time. And I think... Well, what's the common denominator in all of this? The one person is always in the battleground, and their side always loses. Hmmmm, I wonder...

I haven't played a lot of battleground lately, but I used to. I remember winning the majority of my games on my DK, and I was *almost always* at the top of damage done and killing blows. And I understand those things do not directly affect your chances of winning, but... If the thing I am best at is killing people, then should I not do that to my full potential *at PvP points of interest* and allow my teammates who are better it (See: Rogues) to capture points? If I wipe out mostly everyone on their team, then my team is free to capture whatever they want. That's the way I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    I see these posts all the time. And I think... Well, what's the common denominator in all of this? The one person is always in the battleground, and their side always loses. Hmmmm, I wonder...

I haven't played a lot of battleground lately, but I used to. I remember winning the majority of my games on my DK, and I was *almost always* at the top of damage done and killing blows. And I understand those things do not directly affect your chances of winning, but... If the thing I am best at is killing people, then should I not do that to my full potential *at PvP points of interest* and allow my teammates who are better it (See: Rogues) to capture points? If I wipe out mostly everyone on their team, then my team is free to capture whatever they want. That's the way I see it.
    I think these posts come from people who've been on a really bad losing streak prior to posting, and the losses might've been out of their control. For instance:
    Bad distribution of players - maybe OP's in WSG and the opposing team had 3 healers and an actual tank that held the flag, while the FC on his team was lucky to get to the midfield before getting obliterated by 6 dps who're already casually gy camping
    Better communication - sometimes your enemy isn't actually a premade, they are just 10 random people who communicate better than your team, whose only form of communication is "loose fast pls" "loose like your mother lolol" "stfu grammar nazi"'
    I could go on, but sometimes, in my experience, when we lost, it wasn't because I was on the team. We were outgeared, outhealed, outdps'd, outplayed etc and rarely can one person be the determing factor in a battleground. It can happen, yes, but you don't get to be a hero every single time

The vast majority of people should have a w/l pretty close to 50% - I have slightly below in some bgs (see av/ioc) but above in temple and ssm. Ah, the nature of random bgs. I could be the no. 1 menace in one bg, and someone's bitch like a young man with a pretty face in prison next time around. It's hard to rid yourself of the feeling of "we're losing the whole time" when you lose terribly, why yes indeed, but you do win, don't forget that. I've been on a losing streak these last few evenings - not every bg was a constant loss, but I do believe I lost more than I won. Not that I'm overly concerned anyway, it's not like I need the honor and if I wanted a quicker CP cap, I'd go arena or something and blow my way into an RBG group as they've been hard to get invited to as of late... Anyway, I'm just rambling (more than usual) now. More bgs tomorrow though, yay!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only one I seem to consistently lose as Horde is AV/IOC. That is just because of how the BG is set up. Alliance gets to docks faster and Horde never go back to kill glaives in like 80% of games. Pretty much auto-lose. AV is pretty much the same way, Alliance zergs faster and Horde only backcaps like 25% of the time.

I've been running the Reflex pvp stat addon for quite a while and having played both factions what I've seen is that win/loss ratio is quite similar across all bgs aside from Alterac Valley and Isle of Conquest. Those two have a higher % of alliance wins from my experience.

Time of day, day of the week, etc all have an impact on which side does better. Maybe around 6pm a couple of buddies on alliance side do some premades speaking on vent. Kinda hard for an unorganised team to beat that. Or that one guy that only comes in in the afternoons that can solo a whole team.

I'm sure you see where I'm going with this...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my xperience the horde win most of the random bg except for AV.
    You cared enough to post.

As long as i get to take down some horde its a win .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    No matter what side you play, your faction always loses.
    this is the only awnser u need =P

Deleted
    On my battlegroup its like this

When you play alliance you are against German horde.
    When you play horde you are against German alliance.

Either way, you lose. They are too good for average players it seems. When you pug pre-made (or well 5..) you can compete against them.
    I dont know what it is, they've been winning and crushing the opposing sides so badly the battlegroup forums were flooded daily for requests to have all "english realms" in same pool not "english realms vs germans".

You guys realize battlegroups don't exist for random BGs right?
    Just for arena and RBG.

Your random battleground pool is region based.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    On my battlegroup its like this

When you play alliance you are against German horde.
    When you play horde you are against German alliance.

Either way, you lose. They are too good for average players it seems. When you pug pre-made (or well 5..) you can compete against them.
    I dont know what it is, they've been winning and crushing the opposing sides so badly the battlegroup forums were flooded daily for requests to have all "english realms" in same pool not "english realms vs germans".
    In the german forums you have the opposite of this, they all cry about how op those from the english servers are.

The only thing I noticed, is that they have a different AV strat, they always defend as horde, but are not always successful with this, and if, then it takes very long. So from an honor per hour standpoint, I don't know if it's good what they do.

I will say though, on BG9 horde have gone full retard. Seems all the good players xfer'd to alliance. Random BG's are painful if you queue solo. Lesson learned: Don't solo queue (that goes for most games)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    In the german forums you have the opposite of this, they all cry about how op those from the english servers are.

The only thing I noticed, is that they have a different AV strat, they always defend as horde, but are not always successful with this, and if, then it takes very long. So from an honor per hour standpoint, I don't know if it's good what they do.
    Thats odd. Most of the games are lost due massive zergrush steamroll. Most competitive maps like WSG, AB work better because theres no 20vhandful.

I'm fairly "sure" that 80% of AV matches* are ending up because we are GY camped at end of frostwolf gy...or they kill the boss first.
    AV sucks anyway, due various reasons. Not to mention gilneas and 2 caps = win because spam aoe. IoC too. But can only block two
    Oh and lets not start about Sota and germans superior tactical supremacy (actually rush to yellow gate and win under minute)
    And most german players are better geared pvp-wise compared to "im here to get honor for LFR.."

*I dont do a lot of pvp and getting AV is very rare to begin with
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2013-03-22 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikehuntz View Post
    I have characters on both sides that do bgs and I can say that no matter what side you're on, the opposing faction will win most of the bgs that you que up for.
    No offense, but that doesnt draw a too nice picture of your skills
    I mean, reading that you may come to the conclusion that you are the reason for the loss.