Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soon enough people will complain that they don't have 6 specs so they can have 2-3 pvp specs or not enough bank space....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedaisy View Post
    If they are going to add tri-spec why not just make it so people can change specs with a book or something? Seems silly to me to just add another spec.
    Without any proper in-game keybind and action bar profiles swapping a spec on the spot (meaning unlearning X and learning Y) is going to be a bloody pain in the rear end. Yes, there may be addons for those, but imo if blizzard would implement something like that they should be prepared to go the extra mile first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Druids already have one more spec than all the other classes. Not really fair to complain, I think.
    Druids don't have one more spec, they simply split one spec into two when they changed the talent system. They are still able to perform the same roles as always. You are missing the point. The reason for being able to swtich between all 3 specs seems to be "let everyone just be able to switch to every spec all the time". Doesn't work for druids, and I hope they just get rid of the spec switching thing entirely and just let us change our one spec without going to the trainer and without a cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Neemo View Post
    I was unaware that boomy is the only druid spec.
    Tis for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Druids don't have one more spec, they simply split one spec into two when they changed the talent system. They are still able to perform the same roles as always. You are missing the point. The reason for being able to swtich between all 3 specs seems to be "let everyone just be able to switch to every spec all the time". Doesn't work for druids, and I hope they just get rid of the spec switching thing entirely and just let us change our one spec without going to the trainer and without a cost.
    Okay, how about all of us who could care less about having more than 2?

Wanna know what my 3rd spec will be? Nothing. Partially cause I bet it will be an amazing gold sink now, but will be cut in price to 1/10th or less come 6.0 or something, much like Dual Spec was.

I play a Ret/Prot Paladin. I don't enjoy healing, so Holy is out. I don't PvP, so that is out too. What reason would I have for a 3rd spec? None.

Frankly, dunno why Blizzard is changing their stance on it now, after so many times in the past stating there was no big reason for it, especially now, with how much less is involved in "building" a spec. If you really need a 3rd choice, is it that much of a hassle to make the trip back to a respective capital city and pay the value of 1-2 daily quests for the switch?

Convenience for the sheer sake of it, isn't worth the development time, IMO.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

... do you people sit there at the office all day thinking of the dumbest threads and dumbest reasons to justify it?

You have 4 specs. that is 1 more then everyone else. Be freaking happy.

"But they only split 1 talent tree into 2!"
    Where the hell is my warlock tank then?
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Lets be honest, how many druids legitimately play all four specs? And I don't mean "I spec boom for this one old raid boss I do once a week." I mean you devote the time, gear, and actually play as that spec for extended amounts of time.

I imagine across all of WoW, the amount of druids who legitimately play all four specs is in the single digit percentages, probably somewhere around 1-2%.

Deleted
    Two specs made sense, when you actually picked talent points. You could have two balance specs that were still different, because of how the points were distributed. Now that isn't the case anymore. Picking one spec twice makes no sense, as there is no difference. The difference lies in the talents, and that is separate from the spec. That is where you should have two, or three, setups that you can save and load.

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 08:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Okay, how about all of us who could care less about having more than 2?

Wanna know what my 3rd spec will be? Nothing. Partially cause I bet it will be an amazing gold sink now, but will be cut in price to 1/10th or less come 6.0 or something, much like Dual Spec was.

I play a Ret/Prot Paladin. I don't enjoy healing, so Holy is out. I don't PvP, so that is out too. What reason would I have for a 3rd spec? None.

Frankly, dunno why Blizzard is changing their stance on it now, after so many times in the past stating there was no big reason for it, especially now, with how much less is involved in "building" a spec. If you really need a 3rd choice, is it that much of a hassle to make the trip back to a respective capital city and pay the value of 1-2 daily quests for the switch?

Convenience for the sheer sake of it, isn't worth the development time, IMO.
    Ok, then don't pick a third spec? Why ruin the fun for the rest of us.

Deleted
    it's very funny to see so many people be reliefed by blizzards decision to add tri-spec ... only to see that only 1 day after there are already people claiming for more
    hillarious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by balatro View Post
    Lets be honest, how many druids legitimately play all four specs? And I don't mean "I spec boom for this one old raid boss I do once a week." I mean you devote the time, gear, and actually play as that spec for extended amounts of time.

I imagine across all of WoW, the amount of druids who legitimately play all four specs is in the single digit percentages, probably somewhere around 1-2%.
    How many paladins play all 3 specs?

..It's not even on PTR yet and people are already complaining.

This fucking community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    it's very funny to see so many people be reliefed by blizzards decision to add tri-spec ... only to see that only 1 day after there are already people claiming for more
    hillarious.
    The problem is that there is really only one class that needs more than three, so why not get rid of the whole thing and let you switch your sppec all the time on the fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    As many times as I saw the word "outrageous" in this thread, I thought Taric was posting here.

Deleted
    Ahahahahahaa NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    How many paladins play all 3 specs?
    Way to dodge the issue and let my point fly right over your head.

To answer you though, few. Next to none in fact. The same with druids who don't play all of their specs. Warriors, Shamans, Hunters, etc...all in the same boat.

If anything, I see tri-spec being implemented b/c 1) enough people screamed loud enough for it (apparently the same people now screaming for quad spec) and 2) if you play a class capable of more than one role, especially in raiding environments, most guilds will ask you to become competent in a second spec for utility purposes. So odds are players have roles 1 and 2 dedicated to their PvE needs and if you want to be quasi-competitive at PvP, you need a build dedicated to that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by balatro View Post
    Way to dodge the issue and let my point fly right over your head.

To answer you though, few. Next to none in fact. The same with druids who don't play all of their specs. Warriors, Shamans, Hunters, etc...all in the same boat.

If anything, I see tri-spec being implemented b/c 1) enough people screamed loud enough for it (apparently the same people now screaming for quad spec) and 2) if you play a class capable of more than one role, especially in raiding environments, most guilds will ask you to become competent in a second spec for utility purposes. So odds are players have roles 1 and 2 dedicated to their PvE needs and if you want to be quasi-competitive at PvP, you need a build dedicated to that.
    Your point was, druids don't need 4 specs, because there aren't a lot that play 4 specs, yet there aren't a lot who play all 3 specs either, and we're still getting 3 specs. I think there is just no reason anymore for having only 2 specs, like I explained earlier.

Deleted
    I would be fine if druids could switch between 4 specs. But you should be more happy now than before, since you got one more spec to choose.

Well I hope we do get tri-spec and hopefully even quad-spec which would make sense. I am resto but switch between boom and feral as needed raiding etc.

Why not let people have an easy way to switch specs and bar setups? We can do it now but it is a pain using addons and sorting glyphs etc out. Just inconvenience.

It will also help some small raiding guilds like mine to make sure we have tanks/healers etc. Would probably also help LFR and Dungeon queues.

I am all for it. It should let people experience more of the game. I think that once we can freely change specs easily, in the future we will look back and realise what an unnecessary limitation dual-spec was (can you imagine going back to just one spec now - the days before dual spec?)

15+ Year Old Account
    its funny when people say they arent complaining/bitching, and then proceed to complain and bitch their entire post...and its pathetic that this subject even came up...we're getting a tri spec, thats more than enough for any player. Like others said, theres no way u have 4 sets of gear and theirs no way that ur raid grp(if u even have one) will need u in all 4 specs at any point in time. Go away.

Would love to see 8-spec. 4 pve, 4 pvp, so I can delete my second druid and focus on my main.