10+ Year Old Account

Kesler comes back from the broken foot, gets the go-ahead against Phoenix - now let's just hope the foot injury has somehow impaired his diving ability.

In other news, Derek Roy seems to be turning out to have been an excellent acquisition.

10+ Year Old Account
    normally I don't have much to say about the officials, but they are laying a turd tonight, the Stars keep running at Doughty away from the puck and all they did was give Doughty an Unsportsmanlike for pointing out their ineptitude

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stick a fork in the Flyers, they're done. Biggest suprise of the season.

10+ Year Old Account
    fml supposed to go to the Hawks game friday and i just got pink eye, it better be gone soon...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    fml supposed to go to the Hawks game friday and i just got pink eye, it better be gone soon...
    You don't want to give pink eye to an entire stadium?! At least find yourself a Red Wings fan to infect lol

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Well I may know someone who will take them off your hands... Although both games I have gone to this year they have lost in regulation in the last minutes of the game, first LA then ANA. Maybe I should stay away til next year.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-04-10 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

Kesler comes back from the broken foot, gets the go-ahead against Phoenix - now let's just hope the foot injury has somehow impaired his diving ability.

In other news, Derek Roy seems to be turning out to have been an excellent acquisition.
    Too bad Higgins is out. Can't catch a break this season.

Also LOL edmonton.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Playoff picture is tightening up, does anyone else hope the Islanders make it?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Playoff picture is tightening up, does anyone else hope the Islanders make it?
    I'd like to see them out of the post season to be honest, they are just going to get blitzed by Pittsburgh even without Crosby and Neal in 4 games, it will be no contest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'd like to see them out of the post season to be honest, they are just going to get blitzed by Pittsburgh even without Crosby and Neal in 4 games, it will be no contest.
    Doesn't really matter. Anyone contending for 8th in the east is at risk of getting steamrolled by the Pens with the exception of the Rangers and maybe the Devils. Everyone else would have pretty much the same chances as the Islanders, so why not them? I think their fans have suffered enough in the last years

I'd be happy to see Leafs go up against Penguins to be honest, I think we would do better against them than most people think. Much more preferable than Boston.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    Doesn't really matter. Anyone contending for 8th in the east is at risk of getting steamrolled by the Pens with the exception of the Rangers and maybe the Devils. Everyone else would have pretty much the same chances as the Islanders, so why not them? I think their fans have suffered enough in the last years
    Toronto would give Pittsburgh a run for their money I think. We have a strong defensive core, way more physicality and a massively improved penalty kill system. The way the Leafs have played against Pittsburgh this year tells me we would have a chance in a series like that even if it went to 7 games.

With how sloppy the Devils and Rangers have played this year and their inability to even beat middle of the pack teams like Toronto who have the streakiest offense in the East, what makes you think either of them would compete against the Penguins?

Edit: Montreal signed Peter Budja to a 2 year extension at 1.4 million per year. Good value contract and he has played pretty well.

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 09:12 PM ----------

Wow, just wow. Some more weaksauce officiating tonight.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-04-10 at 10:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Wow, just wow. Some more weaksauce officiating tonight.
    Missing calls going both ways, seems like they just aren't watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hope torts and caryle blast these fools tonight

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely should have been a trip on the Rangers in the third. Then there was a hold that should have been called on the Leafs. And that's just the start of terrible officiating.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Aside from the refs, this has been a great game so far. A very close game going into the shootout. Can't complain about either team too much, Toronto looked pretty flat for a good chunk of the 2nd period though. Both goalies have been damn good.

Kadri needs to work on his shootout skills. Too bad shootouts are meaningless in the playoffs. I think the league needs to get rid of shootouts and back to back games so we can have extra time. The Leafs continue to sux0rz in the shootout though, it's irrelevant though since we still got a point.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-04-11 at 01:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That shot by Zuccarello. Me gusta!
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

10+ Year Old Account
    Very good game. Reimer is pretty beast in goal, I don't get to see many Leafs games.

I'm not sure what was going on with the Rangers at certain times. It's as if thy went from playing too conservatively to just all out forgetting about defense. Girardi made a few terrible plays. Boyle had a good game, which I haven't been able to say at all this season.

It would be great if anyone besides Kessel was able to put the puck in the net that game, but glad to see Leafs with 3/4 points in the home and home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    It would be great if anyone besides Kessel was able to put the puck in the net that game, but glad to see Leafs with 3/4 points in the home and home.
    Kadri had a couple chances but just couldn't hit the back of the net. But damn, is Kessel dangerous lol