Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Bad drivers in the left lane. What gives u road rage?

Call it a pet peeve but why do slow drivers stay in the left lane. I mean they can have up ten vehicles behind them holding up traffic and not move to the slow lane. They might move over after all ten cars pass them on the right. Call it a pet peeve but it is probably my biggest reason for road rage.

I'm curious as to what is yours?

I've had plenty of things that made me angry when I used to drive much, much more, but the only thing that really angers me now is people that do dangerous and inconsiderate things. I think walking places, cycling, and running has changed my perspective entirely. The only road rage I ever experience now is motherfuckers that think it's cute to deliberately buzz cyclists.

Cyclists... its a shame i live in a state where those toys are considered a vehicle.

I hate when people don't use there blinkers.
    I hate cyclist that think because they aren't cars they don't have to follow the same rules, like not running a red light.
    I hate when someone is driving on my ass, I actually start to slow down because of that bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by handoverfizt View Post
    Call it a pet peeve but why do slow drivers stay in the left lane. I mean they can have up ten vehicles behind them holding up traffic and not move to the slow lane. They might move over after all ten cars pass them on the right. Call it a pet peeve but it is probably my biggest reason for road rage.

I'm curious as to what is yours?
    It's kinda funny, I was just thinking about this. I have to drive about 70 miles on the freeway to commute to college, and then I get to do it again when classes are over. (Financially it is better for me to commute than it is to live in the college town, in case you were wondering.)

I'll be driving in the right lane, and miles ahead I can see this person just driving in the passing lane with no other traffic in the right lane. They stay there the whole time, not bothering to get over into the right lane. The thing that gets me is that instead of moving over, they stay there in the lane when they see you, and if you try to pass, they take it as a personal affront and start to speed up.

I mean, seriously? Why the hell are you speeding up when I am passing you in the slow lane, the lane that you should be in to let others pass you for going slow?

It's happened enough where I wonder about the psychology behind it.

Anyway, I don't really get too upset about it anymore, but dam is it annoying!

Deleted
    I don't drive anymore due to road rage, I get others to drive me instead.

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Cyclists... its a shame i live in a state where those toys are considered a vehicle.
    Motorists. It's a shame I live in a state where people seem to think it's okay to run down a person on a bike, even though I'm following all of the rules of the road (lights, stop signs, etc).

Jaywalkers, cyclists that don't stick to their lane and swerve, people who don't use their blinkers are my top ones. Also the ones that drive wrong but stick their head out the window yelling/name calling claiming you're in the wrong and are a stupid <insert various derogatory term>.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboxer123 View Post
    It's kinda funny, I was just thinking about this. I have to drive about 70 miles on the freeway to commute to college, and then I get to do it again when classes are over. (Financially it is better for me to commute than it is to live in the college town, in case you were wondering.)

I'll be driving in the right lane, and miles ahead I can see this person just driving in the passing lane with no other traffic in the right lane. They stay there the whole time, not bothering to get over into the right lane. The thing that gets me is that instead of moving over, they stay there in the lane when they see you, and if you try to pass, they take it as a personal affront and start to speed up.

I mean, seriously? Why the hell are you speeding up when I am passing you in the slow lane, the lane that you should be in to let others pass you for going slow?

It's happened enough where I wonder about the psychology behind it.

Anyway, I don't really get too upset about it anymore, but dam is it annoying!

I agree I've noticed it more on the east coast than mid west. I've never driven on west coast so can't say for them. But I wonder if these people do it just to annoy others and for attention, or maybe just stupid but I try to give people the best judgement for better or worse. But sometimes I wish I could explain to them that the left lane is a passing lane not a cruising

When people drive the same speed next to each other so no one can get around.

When people move over into the turn lane really slowly while braking, making you slow down when you shouldn't have to.

When people sit at a right turn with a red light and don't go when traffic is clear, they wait for the green light.

When somebody honks not even a second after the light turns green.

10+ Year Old Account
    People that speed excessively. I go about 2-3 MPH over the limit. If that isn't fast enough for you, fine, but don't ride my ass, wait for your turn to pass. I usually have kids in the car with me, or am on my motorcycle. And when on my motorcycle. I can't just pull over for you because most of the streets out where I live have no shoulder, just dirt.

I stay out of the left lane for this reason, but if it is a single lane in the direction we are going, you just need to deal or wait until it is safe to pass.

Also, people who don't look for motorcycles. I ride pretty much every day. I have been in an accident on my bike because someone wasn't paying attention. Luckily, it was fairly minor (for a motorcycle accident).
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

10+ Year Old Account
    People who ride your ass in one line highways or roads when you are already going 5-10mph over the speed limit. Makes me want to slam my breaks.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

People that can't look to see if anything is coming before pulling out or turning. I'm on a bike, if you run into me I'm on intensive care for a month if I'm lucky. Worst case for the car driver is a scratch in the paint.

People passing me on the right when I am trying to get out of the left lane.
    Cyclists who block the road and just mess it up for everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I don't drive anymore due to road rage, I get others to drive me instead.
    Oh I still drive.

I just changed my choice of vehicle.
    Putin khuliyo

Well, the tank is the top trump when it comes to "who gets priority".

Maybe I'll look into what kind of license I would need to drive one (with a decommissioned cannon of course).

- Blinkers are not used

- Talking on a cellphone

- Going much slower than the speed limit (ex: 40 mph, going 25-30)

- People who ride/swerve behind me (I generally go a little over the limit, so there is no reason!)

- Cutting across a parking lot during business hours

I use to work for Costco, and whenever I would be outside bringing in the carts, nearly four-five times a day bad drivers would almost hit me while traveling 20-30 mph+!!

Folks hovering in the left don't bother me per se, as I'll just pass on the right. Folks hovering in the left, while parallel to another car so passing is impossible? That makes me want to run someone straight off the road.

Other things:

-Double parkers.
    -People texting / reading while driving.
    -People who have more than a 2 second reaction time when a light turns green.
    -Folks who try to use up as much merge space as possible, when they've had numerous opportunities to do so for the last half mile (generally in the left lane, trying to merge right). A very fun driver to troll though.
    -Folks who think 'yield' means 'stop and wait', especially when they have a football field long on-ramp ahead of them.
    -Folks who can't follow arrows in a mall parking lot (it's actually fun to troll these people)
    -Lastly, the folks who, on a work morning at a very crowded gas station, decide to finish pumping gas, THEN go into the store to peruse the chip and candy selection, instead of being courteous and moving their car so the next person can fill up. You deserve to have your car burst into flames while you're in the store.

The only non motorists who annoy the shit out of me are pedestrians who won't break out of their heel dragging shuffle to get across the street any quicker. (pretty common in mall parking lots)
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2013-05-05 at 02:38 AM.

People who stay on the left lane are annoying but I just pass them by on the right lane instead. With a safe speed ofcourse. What grinds my gear worse is people who drive 10-20 km/h bellow the speed. Like where you can drive 80km/h they drive 60-70. I got no issues with people who drive at the normal speed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Well, the tank is the top trump when it comes to "who gets priority".

Maybe I'll look into what kind of license I would need to drive one (with a decommissioned cannon of course).
    http://www.svtraining.co.uk/

Knock yourself out.