Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valen View Post
    ~240-270k for SV sounds about right for un-buffed w/o heroism going. Buffed it's closer to 700k for BM and 500k for SV according to simc (way down from well over 1M for SV and nearing 2M for BM). It's probably a net raid DPS decrease in 25s to use Stampede at this point, given the lag it causes everyone.
    Stampede doesn't lag raids anymore since 5.3 (in 25s). If yours does someone is using an out of date addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    Is it just me or do we feel a little bit weaker now in PVE? I know sims and what not show a slight DPS increase, at least in SV.

Having all trinkets proc and popping stampede at the beginning of a fight was HUGE. I was bursting for over 400k at the beginning of fights. Now I'm stuck around mid 300k.

I'll have to check my logs, maybe I was just getting poor trinket procs, but something was off last night.
    Stampede now does the same damage as Dire Beast (but with 10x the cooldown) so yeah your burst is going to be lower but the other changes should keep overall damage roughly the same... Slight decrease for BM though.

Stampede has gone from being one of the few interesting things added to our class in MoP to being just another boring piece of bloat that adds nothing to the class.
    Sad.

Is anyone noticing that the stampede nerf also nerfs our focus regen from invigoration?

Honestly based on twitter posts and other blue posts in the past, they really just don't seem happy with Stampede being in the game at all. Ghostcrawler made it pretty clear that the only reason it's around is because we asked for it so much. But if it doesn't do any damage then they really might as well remove it because the loss of Rabid and Claw/Bite/Smack nerfs the damage so unbelievably much.

Stampede is stupid and a completely uninteresting skill. Summoning your favorite pets was neat, but you can't see them since you're far away from the boss, and they all stack up anyway. You can't control them, you can't do anything really. Now that the damage has been nerfed into the ground they may as well just remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alandalus View Post
    Stampede is stupid and a completely uninteresting skill. Summoning your favorite pets was neat, but you can't see them since you're far away from the boss, and they all stack up anyway. You can't control them, you can't do anything really. Now that the damage has been nerfed into the ground they may as well just remove it.
    yep hope they remove it and just give us a decent passive DPS skill or something.

Deleted
    I wan't my constant blinking pet back made target swapping on Council HC so much easier, now it takes 5sec before my pet gets to a loa spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by lolo855 View Post
    yep hope they remove it and just give us a decent passive DPS skill or something.
    sadly knowing blizz this wont happen

10+ Year Old Account
    People are only looking at Stampede... the Arcane shot buff apparently has an impact on Beast-Mastery solo PvE content whether it's old raid solo or simply dailies.
    Unless you're raid buffed with mastery and food/flasks (also assuming 3.0 ranged weapon speed) Arcane shot post hotfix CAN be worth more damage per 40 focus than Kill Command.

I just tested it on my 491 hunter on training dummies without any raid buff nor debuff other than the always-active Trueshot Aura. He's using a 2.7 speed H Scenario gun though so I can't get a reliable conclusion whether AS is better than KC in solo-situations. With such a gun and no buffs, 2 AS did around the same damage as KC.
    Last edited by TrollShaman; 2013-06-13 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Missing details

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    People are only looking at Stampede... the Arcane shot buff apparently has an impact on Beast-Mastery solo PvE content whether it's old raid solo or simply dailies.
    Unless you're raid buffed with mastery and food/flasks (also assuming 3.0 ranged weapon speed) Arcane shot post hotfix CAN be worth more damage per 40 focus than Kill Command.

I just tested it on my 491 hunter on training dummies without any raid buff other than the always-active Trueshot Aura. He's using a 2.7 speed H Scenario gun though so I can't get a reliable conclusion whether AS is better than KC in solo-situations. With such a gun and no buffs my AS did around the same damage as KC.
    Kill Command is still better.

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    When you're fully raid buffed and the target is fully debuffed, technically yes, it will increase your damage by about 3% (not a typo -- three percent) to use it vs. removing it entirely from your bars. And there's two issues with that: (1) it's pathetically underwhelming for what is supposed to be our signature ability -- it's like a destro warlock not using Chaos Bolt, or a fire mage not using Pyroblast, and (2) this makes it actually not worth using when you're missing certain buffs (such as when solo or in small-group content) -- in other words, it's become a trap for the average player to fall into, by losing damage if they use it in small-group content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    Keep in mind Arcane Shot scales with slower weapon speed (and Attack Power) unlike Kill Command which scales with AP only, which is why I mentioned my current weapon speed that is 2.7 unlike ToT weapons which are 2.9-3.0. If my H Scen gun had 3.0 weapon speed 2 Arcane Shots would've definitely outdamaged Kill Command on training dummies without de/buffs.
    Last edited by TrollShaman; 2013-06-13 at 04:44 AM.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I thought all abilities were changed to be normalized to a 2.8 speed weapon a long time ago? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    I thought all abilities were changed to be normalized to a 2.8 speed weapon a long time ago? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought that was the case.
    They were, but it's not 'perfect'. Weapon speed still has some impact on damage output, just nowhere near as much as it would have without normalization.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    They were, but it's not 'perfect'. Weapon speed still has some impact on damage output, just nowhere near as much as it would have without normalization.
    Gotcha. I still remember when they did it. Ashjre'thul, Crossbow of Smiting with it's 3.4 weapon speed. Good times.

Maybe i just had a bad week but I feel very gimped with these new changes.
    As survival burst is significantly lower (didnt try BM but it can only be worse) and then I just can't catch up with these 10% buffs to AS and CoS.

Now that T16 stuff is out people only talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    Keep in mind Arcane Shot scales with slower weapon speed (and Attack Power) unlike Kill Command which scales with AP only, which is why I mentioned my current weapon speed that is 2.7 unlike ToT weapons which are 2.9-3.0. If my H Scen gun had 3.0 weapon speed 2 Arcane Shots would've definitely outdamaged Kill Command on training dummies without de/buffs.
    Just because arcane does more damage doesn't mean it's better. KC is only 1 ability while arcane shot is 2, meaning that you can use 1 KC and half of a cobra shot in the time that it takes to use 2 arcane shots. Because of that, KC should still be better damage, even if only slightly.

I don't really have a problem with these changes, except that marks was completely overlooked (again). Before this patch marks could replace arcane with AI in both pvp and pve, but with arcane gaining 10% damage and AI staying the same, it will likely not be worth it to cast AI full time in pvp. Still up in the air for pve, but even if AI is still better, the difference between a hunter who maximizes his abilities and a hunter who just dumps with arcane got significantly smaller.

Conclusion: Blizz should buff aimed shot by 10%. Marks is the only spec that replaces arcane shot with something else, and it got completely overlooked with these quick fixes.

srsly i ll unbind the key for stampede and bind arcane shot there just in case ;D
    Beside that fact a 5minCD should be something WoooooooW when u use it ...they remove the buffs from stampede pets too ? well thats GAY !

Quote Originally Posted by lolipopp View Post
    srsly i ll unbind the key for stampede and bind arcane shot there just in case ;D
    Beside that fact a 5minCD should be something WoooooooW when u use it ...they remove the buffs from stampede pets too ? well thats GAY !
    I'll say again. Remove Stampede from Arena and revert it back to it's original form. I don't see why this is such a big deal. They do it with other long, overpowered CDs like Lust and LoH.

The only other option I can see is to keep Stampede sucky like it is now but make it a much shorter CD so it's just a rotational ability like say, Murder of Crows, but that's pretty boring IMO.