Page 38 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    How is this different from lets say League of legend and the skins you can buy?

None of this changes or makes you better at the game, it just changes how you look and tbh the helms are not my flavor.

No one is forcing you to pay for anything so don't treat it as this is a requirement to be better at the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    why do you care? its cosmetic only? you dont have to buy it? i cant think of any more reasons why people should not care. they have had mounts and pets and shit u can buy for ages...
    While blunt, in essentials you are correct.

How does this affect people who DON'T buy this stuff? In all likelihood, it'll be just like the buyable mounts; we'll see people using these items like crazy for the first few days before they suddenly fade away just as quickly. I personally won't be buying these but so long as the items stay cosmetic, I really don't care what Blizzard sells. It sure beats paying upwards of £100 for TCG loot cards at any rate.

PS; I very much doubt they dedicate their ENTIRE art team to these items, more than likely it was one artist, one modeller and one programmer who put these items together.

We all know it wont take long until they sell tiers. To bad topics who are against it are getting closed.

Well if you put this next to the declining armor set quality...Its pretty sad. Then remove the subscription costs Blizz this is ridiculous. Now we have to pay for the gametime and we have to pay for the goodlooking gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    why do you care? its cosmetic only? you dont have to buy it? i cant think of any more reasons why people should not care. they have had mounts and pets and shit u can buy for ages...
    Yeah, people didn't and still don't like that either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Well if you put this next to the declining armor set quality...Its pretty sad. Then remove the subscription costs Blizz this is ridiculous. Now we have to pay for the gametime and we have to pay for the goodlooking gear.
    "Art is subjective, herp derp" Yeah, the gear sets this time around look pretty bad, 5.0 looked pretty. tot and org look ugly as all hell
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    You know...this is totally subjective. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    "Art is subjective, herp derp"
    I'm sorry, but it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    You know...this is totally subjective. Right?

I'm sorry, but it is.
    If art is subjective how come I see most players in mogged gear. I see plenty of posts saying how they don't like the new sets. And even a blue had to respond to one of the posts saying the gear doesn't look nice.

Given the choice. TBC gear or 5.3 gear. don't lie

All subjectiveness aside, how about I pull out straight up polygons. I have never seen a piece of gear short of a legendary with the amount of effects these new mogged helms have.. explain that?
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

You seriously think that the money they make from the pet store is enough to make up for the development cost of the game? The money they make from the pet store makes up for probably less than 5% of their total income.

- - - Updated - - -

If art is subjective how come I see most players in mogged gear. I see plenty of posts saying how they don't like the new sets. And even a blue had to respond to one of the posts saying the gear doesn't look nice.

I would take T16 any day over the Vanilla and TBC hunter tier sets, they looked terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcg View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/xLi7xOh.png

This image makes me lol everytime, good thing I pay everything in gold or I wouldn't be playing this game.
    haha ) I've been a blizz supporter for a long time... but in the last few years with their duboius business model things have indeed started to change. It's a long time since they made a game to rival Warcraft 3 or diablo 2 in my opinion... Diablo 3 while better in some aspects than d2 it falls short on many more, and sc2 is just sc1 rehashed... althought the campaign was pretty good the multiplayer experience is awful and imbalanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    So I ask you again: would it be ok for you to have a full set of awesome gear available only for cash, while bearing in mind that those sets could've been the reward of something hard to achieve in game?

Way to be stupid and not read my post right. Think before you say, as you were.
    You are engaging in an enormously flawed bit of logic.

You ASSUME that they would still have MADE those helmets if they DIDN'T PLAN FROM THE MOMENT THOSE ITEMS WERE CONCEPTUALIZED TO SELL THEM.

See? Ta-da. You're making the horribly idiotic assumption that art assets appear out of mid-air for no reason and that these helmets would've been made no matter what so they're some kind of "missed opportunity" to be an in-game reward. That's not true. If they hadn't planned to start selling vanity items for cash, they wouldn't have put in the artists' time to make these helmets; that's very certain - they RARELY add unique gear like that for free. Even the C. Mode armors you essentially paid for since they were not a content patch item, they were an enticing feature of a forty dollar expansion.

When the fuck has Blizzard made super special single pieces of gear like that for no reason? They haven't and if they did, it was not uniquely animated or anything like these - so stop trying to assert your assumptions as truths. There's no way of knowing that they would've made the helms and then included them in the game as some reward. That they're willing to sell transmog gear that's entirely optional means we may one day see a stupidly detailed suit of class-only xmog shit that has unique particles and animations on every piece.

Have fun continuing to believe that there's some bean-counter at Blizzard who patrols the artists' offices waiting to find some asset about which he can say "AHA! THAT'S PERFECT. DON'T USE THAT FOR PATCH ____ TIER ARMOR OR CHALLENGE MODE 2.0 - MAKE IT FANCIER AND WE'LL SELL IT TO THOSE SUCKERS FOR $$$$$$$$$$$$."
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Deleted
    Both of my chars (priest and warlock) wear the Warlock T13 lookalike.

Also, be honest: If Blizzard would implement something like (most) T4 or T9 sets now, people would complain just as much.
    A huge reason why people actually wear this sets is nostalgia.
    Yeah, some old items looked really amazing (which is why I'm buying all the T3 stuff I can get) - but a lot of others didn't.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-07-13 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Safetytorch View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=216619/t...blizzard-store
    And the game is still 15 dollars a month.
    I'm so disappointed in Blizzard..
    You do not understand a few things:

1. You pay the sub just to access their servers and the new patches - NOTHING MORE.
    You are not magically entitled to EVERYTHING blizzard ever makes for WoW just by paying for their servers/patches.
    Blizzard can and should sell additional content for WoW, both as a way of providing alternate funding and to bring in new subscriptions.

2. Blizzard, just like every other company in the world, is free to change/add their payment models as they see fit.
    Honestly the more money WoW is making, the more attention and content WoW will get - look at the old Team Fortress 2 that keeps getting new weapons/maps/modes just because it is funded through Hats/Whatever purchase.

3. You can very clearly see what do you pay for when you sub to WoW under the numerous "terms of use" that Blizzard makes you accept either on the webpage or every time a bigger patch/reinstall of wow happens.
    There is no point demanding change in a contract you already signed with blizzard, they will never change it and you can never force them - especially since millions don't care about additionally payed content like ponies.

4. WoW will obviously NEVER climb back to it's 12 million sub status - not even with the new expansion.
    Blizzard needs to develop alternate methods of making money (such as this) - turning free to play would be a HUGE monetary loss, and decreasing the subscription price would hurt them even more.
    This way the "blue blood royals" can buy all this cosmetic cr*p that greatly helps keep Blizzard's interest in WoW.
    And the longer Blizzard considers WoW a "product worth heavy investing", the more content we will receive.

Over time this new store system will be one of the crucial improvements/modernizations that WoW desperately needs, and it will ensure that Blizzard will be keen on keeping WoW's content as high quality as possible.

Deleted
    Meh, this post dropped like a bomb really. Still enjoying wow, but I am not sure if I want to continue when we soon get f2p sells in a p2p game. I am not accepting this unless the game goes f2p, as long as its p2p everything that you can get from the store should be obtainable in game and preferbaly there is no store at all. (yes I do mind those mounts and pets from the store too, but it's getting too far now in my opinion).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Think outside the box for once, lol. Maybe, just maybe, at least one person that bought the Celestial Steed bought it because they like it? Or bought it to increase their mount count? I doubt anyone bought it expecting to be a "special snowflake" until the end of time.

There are already items in the game that you get as a reward. They didn't suddenly remove them all and say "Right, you have to buy everything from the store now". There are things you can obtain inside and outside the game, and it will continue that way.

People say "don't like it, don't use it argument" because it's true, lol. It's not "blindly accepting" everything Blizzard does, it's realising that if they make a decision that DOES NOT EFFECT YOUR GAME IN ANYWAY yet don't entirely agree with it, you just stfu and let others enjoy it.
    So what if it doesn't affect me? It affects the overall quality of the game, which I ACTUALLY care about. F**k me, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woebegone View Post
    Didn't have epics at level 60. Never had the time for raiding or pvp rank grind (past rank 10).

But I'm not quite sure I understand your argument. You're saying that because there's a gear reset every now and then, this somehow means the looks of your armor are not relevant ever again?
    Because "good looking" is not the only thing that defines gear as "the best." Good looking gear can sometimes be useless, or poorly stated. Yet it still looks cool. Gear can look cool, but not be "the best." Just like when previously cool gear gets replaced by gear that's better than it.

And some people might think cool looking gear looks stupid. It's all subjective. Which is not a reasonable metric to say "this is what you can and can't do with your art assets, blizzard"
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-07-13 at 09:16 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

What they could've done is tie these transmogs and items into a quest in the game.

Jewel of the Firelord: 500 item drops split across all the Pandaria zones, Vale of Eternal Blossoms drops 50, Isle of Giants drops 50, Dread Wastes drops 50 and so on. For the final part of the quest, you need to go kill heroic Ragnaros in the Firelands.

Crown of Eternal Winter: Same deal as above, 500 item drops split across all the Pandaria zones with the final part involving killing heroic Lich King or even the whole ICC in heroic.

Hood of Hungering Darkness: Same deal, insert raid relating to the Hood of Hungering Darkness.

This can can get people out in the world like they wanted, encourages people to group up and run old raids like Firelands for xmogs for the Jewel of the Firelord. And spare me the "but this class can solo them!" congratulations. And naturally if you have people out in the world, on pvp servers it means world pvp hate it or love it. And i'm sure quite a few people would still remember how crowded Darkmoon Faire was once 5.3 hit with people wanting to get that blindfold for the Brawler's Guild. Same deal here, link up the Iron Hitching Post and Seesaw with the Darkmoon Faire and yes i do realize CRZ was enabled.

All this can provide good incentives for people to login and play. Surely it would feel better to have acquired the item after working to acquire it in game rather than 1 min to login to bnet and purchase. If it isn't harmful to have store items then surely it wouldn't be harmful at all to have all those store items be in game items in the first place so there is even more things players can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    So what if it doesn't affect me? It affects the overall quality of the game, which I ACTUALLY care about. F**k me, right?
    Except it doesn't affect the overall quality of the game.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

1. You pay the sub just to access their servers and the new patches - NOTHING MORE.
    You are not magically entitled to EVERYTHING blizzard ever makes for WoW just by paying for their servers/patches.
    Blizzard can and should sell additional content for WoW, both as a way of providing alternate funding and to bring in new subscriptions.

2. Blizzard, just like every other company in the world, is free to change/add their payment models as they see fit.
    Honestly the more money WoW is making, the more attention and content WoW will get - look at the old Team Fortress 2 that keeps getting new weapons/maps/modes just because it is funded through Hats/Whatever purchase.

3. You can very clearly see what do you pay for when you sub to WoW under the numerous "terms of use" that Blizzard makes you accept either on the webpage or every time a bigger patch/reinstall of wow happens.
    There is no point demanding change in a contract you already signed with blizzard, they will never change it and you can never force them - especially since millions don't care about additionally payed content like ponies.

4. WoW will obviously NEVER climb back to it's 12 million sub status - not even with the new expansion.
    Blizzard needs to develop alternate methods of making money (such as this) - turning free to play would be a HUGE monetary loss, and decreasing the subscription price would hurt them even more.
    This way the "blue blood royals" can buy all this cosmetic cr*p that greatly helps keep Blizzard's interest in WoW.
    And the longer Blizzard considers WoW a "product worth heavy investing", the more content we will receive.

Over time this new store system will be one of the crucial improvements/modernizations that WoW desperately needs, and it will ensure that Blizzard will be keen on keeping WoW's content as high quality as possible.

Le sigh....why can't MY customers be this deluded. They actually expect value for their money.

What is Blizzards secret?

I'm serious! I would kill to develop this attitude within my own customer base. Never question my motives or actions and even defend price increases while asking for more!

Life is so unfair sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post

They could also make everything in the game, literally a piece of crap. The question isn't can they. It's do we want them to? Corporations are a lot like governments, they exist only if the people allow them to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raxis View Post
    Le sigh....why can't MY customers be this deluded. They actually expect value for their money.

What is Blizzards secret?

I'm serious! I would kill to develop this attitude within my own customer base. Never question my motives or actions and even defend price increases while asking for more!

Life is so unfair sometimes.
    Maybe there is a secret subliminal message that is broadcast during LFR raids...

Blizz needs to sell weightloss pills, tampons, and tissues in their store. From 90% of the posters I see in this post those items would sell well.