Page 1 of 3
LastLast

When they redo character models..

Do you think they will add more customization options that we don't have? Perhaps that some other games do.

Such as being able to make your toon skinny, normal, or bulky. Maybe more detailed facial features that you can change with a slider. Eye color. Etc..

If they aren't they should consider it to be more on par with newer games.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Do you think they will add more customization options that we don't have? Perhaps that some other games do.

Such as being able to make your toon skinny, normal, or bulky. Maybe more detailed facial features that you can change with a slider. Eye color. Etc..

Seeing as pandaren don't have them...

I very much doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would, but I don't really care. I just want more polygons.

I would doubt it, since it would affect the scales of gear, and as they've mentioned before, they highly value the silhouette of a character to make sure they are easily distinguishable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt it. They'd have to design armor pieces to accommodate for all the various degrees of body sizes.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Maybe, if they can find an already made frame that fits the shape it's even more likely. Essentially, you're more likely to see a blood elf wearing human skin, than an actually skinny human.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Height/Weight won't happen due to how WoW models work. They are static things, and as such to switch height/weight would require changing out to a whole new model. Let's say each of those had 3 options. That'd mean 9 models per race/gender.

The rest, maybe. But again, sliders will never work in WoW.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps, though I don't think so. It would be simple things if anything.
    Body shape, height and so on I very much doubt will ever happen.

People need to realize that updated models aren't going to be from the ground up.

More or less, expect updated resolutions, textures, etc. A lot of it will stay the same.
    "Actually, it'd be more like a group of friends all buying tickets for a play, but then being charged extra to sit together."

Quote Originally Posted by Aedeus View Post
    People need to realize that updated models aren't going to be from the ground up.

More or less, expect updated resolutions, textures, etc. A lot of it will stay the same.

Skeletal, model and texture update .. so yes, they will be from the ground up. Blizzard has said so thousands of times before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be cool if they did it, but I doubt it. Everyone will prob just look prettier.

Why does WoW have to be on par with newer games? I don't understand this. Never will. If WoW changes too much, there is a great risk the game won't feel like WoW anymore. This is already happening in the game to some degree.

Deleted
    I hope so, maybe a few more hairstyles etc, I don't think they will allow you to customize skinny/medium/large.

I just know once they're released the forums will just be an echo chamber of complaints

I think people are expecting way too much from the new models. Realistically they aren't going to be any different to the Pandaren - smoother, more expressive animations and faces with high resolution textures but nothing really beyond that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to be happy with higher resolution textures and new animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Skeletal, model and texture update .. so yes, they will be from the ground up. Blizzard has said so thousands of times before.
    I'll take a source for that?

Otherwise, no, they won't be - that requires a change to just about everything the model interacts with throughout the game from weapons and armor, to terrain, mounts, etc.
    "Actually, it'd be more like a group of friends all buying tickets for a play, but then being charged extra to sit together."

10+ Year Old Account

I hope so, one of my biggest complaints with WoW is the character customisation. I don't mind the cartoony look, I like it in fact. But I would lvoe if my character was more unique looking.

I don't see changing body type or size though. That would require a lot of work going back and adjusting all of the gear that is currently in the game to be able to work on all the new body types.

They'll probably spruce up the models all nice and detailed-like, but I don't see them implementing the ability to change body structure/mass.

Pet peeve of mine in Phantasy Star Online was making my Humar (basically a Human warrior/ret pally hybrid) on the more muscular side and then having everybody call him fat. He was built like an ox, dammit -- he wasn't chubby!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah... Most games that have it have way less races or most races based on the same skeleton.

Making x body sizes for each race would be INSANE work. For armor models, it'd be like add x new races... Like, if you add bulky and skinny to orcs, they'd have to adapt armor to bulky and skinny. Now mutilply that to the number of races! D:

Idk, I like more customization, but I can't see it happening so much in Wow because of the high number of races.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim