Poll: Pure PVE server yes or no

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Personally, I'd like to see PvE & PvP servers removed entirely.

If you flag yourself for PvP, you enter a PvP xrealm zone.

If you flag yourself for PvE, you enter a PvE xrealm zone.

If you people mix groups, they continue playing in their own zone until their flag status drops.

No more of this 'oh, your AoE healing splashed onto someone that was flagged for whatever reason and now the whole !@#$ing worldboss group is flagged'.

Yes, in a heartbeat. Especially cross-faction grouping. The whole Red vs. Blue thing is outright stupid now.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Pure PvE as in, someone can't try to troll people into getting flagged by accident? Sure. Cross faction grouping would feel weird though.
    but then all the wana be pvp types won't be able to have fun on PVE servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Yes, in a heartbeat. Especially cross-faction grouping. The whole Red vs. Blue thing is outright stupid now.
    Yeah this whole war thing just doesn't work and it never will because of faction balance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see PvE & PvP servers removed entirely.

If you flag yourself for PvP, you enter a PvP xrealm zone.

If you flag yourself for PvE, you enter a PvE xrealm zone.

If you people mix groups, they continue playing in their own zone until their flag status drops.

No more of this 'oh, your AoE healing splashed onto someone that was flagged for whatever reason and now the whole !@#$ing worldboss group is flagged'.
    That is actually kinda brilliant. Don't let it go to your head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletpiston View Post
    If our classes were no longer built around balancing them for pvp , sure!
    I could not agree with this more can't stand classes getting nerfed because of Arena and BGs.

Pvp types cry classes get nerfed, then loose usefulness in raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Pure PvE as in, someone can't try to troll people into getting flagged by accident? Sure. Cross faction grouping would feel weird though.
    Agreed with this. It's rare that I get myself flagged accidentally, but pisses me off when it does happen. I'm indifferent to cross-faction grouping. I'd be more interested in being able to mail stuff to cross-faction alts that aren't BoA.

To stop accidental flags, Blizzard doesn't necessarily have to make Pure PvE servers. Maybe make a 3rd setting when your choosing your PvP setting on the player portrait. There is currently Enable and Disable. Make a third option of Never Enable or something like that, making it impossible for you to attack anything that is flagged unless you switch to one of the existing options.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, PvE realms are fine, I don't like the cross faction thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Naylar View Post
    Pure PvE? yes

Grouping with opposite faction? Hell, no.
    So you want a PvE realm with slight changes from a regular PvE realm? No way Blizzard would waste so much time on something like that.

Accidentally flagging is usually terrible when it happens on World Bosses or rares so I'd be down for something to stop that from happening. Cross faction grouping could be fun as well as long as it was done in a certain way. For me that means Ally still can't go into Horde places and Horde can't go into Ally places like normal, but in contested/neutral areas they could be grouped up and quest together. Obviously as a Night Elf I wouldn't be eligible for a quest requiring me to kill Alliance members ect. If lore characters can have friends in different factions, why can't my Night Elf be friends with a Tauren?

I just think it'd be pretty fun to group with a couple of my friends who are horde on my realm and dungeon or quest with them on my main

Don't really see how that is different from a normal pve server except for the faction bs which sounds incredibly bad. Accidental flagging is such a ridiculous non-issue.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-09-29 at 07:40 AM.

Sounds like a toggle off completely option would just be better. No more accidental tags. We don't really need new servers or cross factions playing together.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

A pure pve server to me sounds extremely boring. Care farming with absolutely no danger is some peoples thing but not mine. I guess that is why I mainly play arts/moba games these days more than wow. I don't see Blizzard making a server like this though. They'll most likely cave in to the toggle thing and make it happen so they can keep a minority of subscribers happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Care farming with absolutely no danger is some peoples thing but not mine.
    Well it is what a pve server right now is and is perfectly fine by me. The whole accidental flagging thing just came up right now but seriously how bad is it really that you might die once or twice over the course of your entire playtime on such a server. I really can't follow why some would want an entirely new type of server for just those two deaths.

So....besides the cross-faction stuff which is retaded...how is it different from the PvE servers you already have???

So we should dedicate resources to create special servers for players who accidentally click flagged players? How often does this really happen to a typical player to become an issue? Seriously? Should we then create servers for players who accidentally pull mobs from other packs in instances because they tab target or misclick?

I mean seriously, even on a pvp server I get jumped and die from time to time and its only a minor inconvience, I rez, mount up and run off. This is talking from someone who's been playing exclusively on a PvP server since he started back at the launch of wrath. Even when i was full time into PvP (some two years ago now) I still very rarely got bogged down by people in the open world. I stuck to the PvP server and exclusively PvE. I never get bothered, and when I do i just take it with a grain of salt. If you misclick someone, you take the death, rez behind a tree or in a bush mount up and run off. What's the issue, maybe continued harrassment for a bit assuming you stay in the open. Or you run to a safe location, take a deep breath, get a drink, strech your legs, and move on, same as the rest of us across all servers. Don't let it get to you, you do and the guy who is griefing wins.

Listen, I get that getting "forced" into PvP on your server is lame but it comes with the territory. You learn to be careful to not click tagged players as much as i am warry of a passing alliance rouge i spot in the open, or what have you. It comes with the territory.

Its silly to further shoehorn yourself into a even smaller player base on even more focused servers simply over a trivial and mostly infrequent occurance. (If your misclicking alot, why aren't you learning to be more careful in general?).
    Last edited by Cheekun; 2013-09-29 at 08:17 AM.
    Amazing Signature by Yoni

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Nothing to do with trolling or greifing? Standing in rare mobs, killing quest givers, camping graveyards...

If you like ganking people who want nothing to do with pvp just say it. You have your pure pvp servers I want a pure pve server.
    using aoe doesnt flag you for pvp unless you are targeting the flaged player, if you have problems targeting a rare mob maybe turn on nameplates or something.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

It sounds like it'd be mechanically very difficult to set up, with all the quests that require you to attack NPCs of the opposite faction etc. But, I reckon it'd be pretty cool if it were an option for RP.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Not a good idea.

ALso, if you don't like PVP, don't be a on a pvp server?

Deleted
    Isn't this just a normal pve realm bar the cross faction grouping, which is silly.

If you don't type /pvp or hit other players on a pve realm that's exactly what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    But, I reckon it'd be pretty cool if it were an option for RP.
    I know a whole bunch of people who'd love this for RP. I wouldn't mind either.

I'm an adamant PvE player, but seriously, a pure PvE realm seems like too much work for nothing.
    It's part of game experience to avoid flagging.

Deleted
    Pure PVE sure, mixing Alliance and Horde no.

I would be happy with two minor changes though:
    1) Remove requirements of doing PVP for PVE questlines (legendary), i'm fine with pvp having their own legendary questlines, which wouldnt require doing pve stuff.
    2) A toggle for completely disabling any way of getting pvp enabled when playing on a PVE server, except inside battlegrounds/arenas for those that do those, i personally dont.

People choose PvE to not have to worry about PvP in general. The fact that you have to "be careful" around flagged players is kind of daft, since we should not have to worry about PvP, being on a PvE server (at least that's why I changed after playing the first 2+ years on PvP).

You can't "flag" PvE on a PvP realm, why can you do the opposite? Just make perma-flagging PvE possible and much of the whining about this will disappear. Also I wouldn't mind if they removed That One Requirement from the childrens week achi. Only one I'm missing towards long strange trip, because, you know, pvp.