Poll: How do you feel about this issue?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    While we're at it, smaller mammal shapeshifts for female druids and smaller moonkin form for male druids!

Equality for all!

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    That last poll option. So irresistible. I laughed when I saw how many others also voted that one. You could probably make the case that you're projecting or taking on the guise of a demon/elemental and therefore you are not imposing your shape on them, but rather their shape on you. But *shrug*. I think it comes down to how much time do you want blizzard to spend on something like this? Not to mention how many people would be unhappy by the change?
    there are 34 specs in-game and only 4 are affected by this, and among the people from those 4 specs, some just don't care (so theirs is the last option as well). so it's just natural for that option to hold the vast majority of the votes.

I made it because if I didn't, there would be a lot of troll votes (probably on "Illidan Schwarzenegger Stallone Crews") and people asking where the "I don't give an ook" option was lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by arcon View Post
    While we're at it, smaller mammal shapeshifts for female druids and smaller moonkin form for male druids!

Equality for all!
    Why would Moonkin's be smaller for Males?
    Are the Females of that species stereotypically larger?

AFAIK blizz said that they wanted demo form to have a female variant - just that they can't justify spending resources to make it.

I have not heard blizz say anything about female shaman ascendance form.

Personally i would definitely like to have female versions of both demo and ascendance.

15+ Year Old Account
    slap some tits and a bow on the meta model and call it a day.

Deleted
    Really? So transforming into a demon male is weird, when 95 % demons we see are male. You harness the power of demons, could it be the strongest demons are freaking males?

What you also have to take into consideration is the reverse effect.
    Lets say the current form is shifted into a more androgynous form for everyone, Male and Female both use this new form.
    Now, from 2005 surveys (can't find any more recent, if you want to, go ahead and adjust what I say), the WoW playerbase is 84% Male and 16% Female.
    For the point of simplifying matters, lets say WoW has gone through some tough times and has 100 players.
    I'd say it's a minority of Females that care enough to vouch for it, but were it implemented, a majority of them would like it.
    Lets just say all 16 do.
    What about the majority?
    I don't think it's unfair to presume Males would like being saddled with a less masculine Meta.
    60 Against is a fair low ball, even so, it's 60% of the player base against 16+24= 40% of it.
    Obviously this is hypothetical, but the point I'm making is that, if you're going to make a neutral form, and not make an entirely new one for either Gender, the majority of the player-base will be against it.
    So, it's really go big and make an entirely new Female form, spending the resources that necessitate this process for a minority of those that care, or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhalerius View Post
    What you also have to take into consideration is the reverse effect.
    Lets say the current form is shifted into a more androgynous form for everyone, Male and Female both use this new form.
    Now, from 2005 surveys (can't find any more recent, if you want to, go ahead and adjust what I say), the WoW playerbase is 84% Male and 16% Female.
    For the point of simplifying matters, lets say WoW has gone through some tough times and has 100 players.
    I'd say it's a minority of Females that care enough to vouch for it, but were it implemented, a majority of them would like it.
    Lets just say all 16 do.
    What about the majority?
    I don't think it's unfair to presume Males would like being saddled with a less masculine Meta.
    60 Against is a fair low ball, even so, it's 60% of the player base against 16+24= 40% of it.
    Obviously this is hypothetical, but the point I'm making is that, if you're going to make a neutral form, and not make an entirely new one for either Gender, the majority of the player-base will be against it.
    So, it's really go big and make an entirely new Female form, spending the resources that necessitate this process for a minority of those that care, or go home.
    the majority of the playerbase is male, but many males such as myself create female characters because girls look better than men.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Patriarchy did this.
    Patriarchy wuz here! /forever carved into these forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the majority of the playerbase is male, but many males such as myself create female characters because girls look better than men.
    That is your own subjective opinions thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Patriarchy wuz here! /forever carved into these forums.

- - - Updated - - -

That is your own subjective opinions thank you very much.
    yeah, that's my opinions, and that of a bunch of other people who created female characters despite being male.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you honesty look me in the eyes and say Metamorphosis with boobs and pink clothes would give justice to other demons out there?
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Can you honesty look me in the eyes and say Metamorphosis with boobs and pink clothes would give justice to other demons out there?
    I'd see no problem with a meta form that looked like a mix between the current meta form and the succubus.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    yeah, that's my opinions, and that of a bunch of other people who created female characters despite being male.
    This seems to be personal occurrences you're projecting as fact.
    Couple that with the fact that Males that play Female characters are likely a minority in themselves.
    Couple that with the fact that the fact them playing Female characters has nothing to do with whether they'd like a more Androgynous form.
    Your argument for creating a Neutral, more-so androgynous form for both Males and Females relies on an off-chance of an off-chance within a minority of the community, and would, if logic and statistics have any say in this, be largely disliked.

The only reasonable thing to do is make specific forms for either Gender, which is too much trouble to go through for the few when you could be making actual content for the many.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhalerius View Post
    This seems to be personal occurrences you're projecting as fact.
    Couple that with the fact that Males that play Female characters are likely a minority in themselves.
    I'm not sure about that. I see more female characters than male ones around. if female players are a minority, and male players playing female characters are also a minority, where did all those girls come from?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    slap some tits and a bow on the meta model and call it a day.
    Why stop there? You already got the horns, just slap on an udder, grab your popcorn and prepare for some entertainment

Seriously though, a lot of demons in WoW I would consider gender neutral. Not much point for some to have genders considering them being made out of energy and all.

atleast you turn back into a female

in the well of eternity instance on the last fight you can get stuck in male night elf form (until you leave)
    I can't remember if it was if you were a female night elf, after the transformation ends you remain as a male or if it was when you weren't a night elf

minor bug from past expansion, though it might expose that blizzard's code considers demon form male

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    No weirder than not having an Incubus (weren't they supposed to add that?) for a Warlock demon in place of the Succubus for female Warlocks. I mean yes they should have gender-based transformations but I can't imagine it's very high on their list of things to do.
    I don't think those are remotely related. I'm still waiting for my femguard...

Mod Edit: Removed inappropriate picture, don't post images that contain nudity, thanks!
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-10-22 at 01:41 PM.

Who cares...
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD

demons and elementals are just really flat chested. posts like this is why self esteem of demons and elementals are at such low levels these days, you put big breasted sucubi on a mighty pedestal and these poor nathrezim just cant compete
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552