Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    I agree. I think Warlords of Draenor is quite the dumb name for an expansion if it is one. They couldn't have done better than that for a name? I guess they did toss out Mists of Pandaria, but this is even worse of a name than that was. Give us some creativity ffs.

I do think it is more likely a Hearthstone thing though, it makes too much sense with how the TCG went. How it followed the xpacs and such with their new decks. It wouldn't be unheard of to come out and say that hearthstone will feature expansions to gain access to new decks/heroes.
    Question: what would creativity actually look like? Every WoW expac name has followed the same formula except cata: *adjective* semantics *noun*

It's the next WoW expansion, just live with it.

If it's somehow isn't, most of us win and are happy.

You need only to compare Blizzard's two most recent PC game trademarks to solve this surprisingly perplexing puzzle.

Heroes of the Storm
    IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs

Warlords of Draenor
    Class: 9 Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs

Class: 41 Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games
    It's actually kind of funny to suggest that WoD is a Hearthstone 'expansion' because WoD doesn't match up with a trademark made a couple years ago, and then neglect to mention that WoD doesn't match up with Hearthstone itself (namely, the part that explicitly discusses card games and competitions).
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2013-11-03 at 04:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    You need only to compare Blizzard's two most recent PC game trademarks to solve this surprisingly perplexing puzzle.

Heroes of the Storm
    IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs

Warlords of Draenor
    Class: 9 Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs

Class: 41 Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line non-downloadable computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games
    That what is making me now think those 2 games are linked in some way. It's the exact same wording.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

WoW expacs have been coming out for a decade now. Maybe they've decided to move away from the hard copy model to a totally online purchasing/downloading system. Though, it'd be sad, since I think WoW is one of the few games that could actually command (and that I would actually pay for) hard copies and collectors editions.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    I don't know. I did cancel my account and stop playing for 90 percent of Cata, because 1) I didn't enjoy the story 2) I didn't enjoy the gameplay.

So yeah, I am perfectly capable of leaving for an expansion (or forever) if I'm uninterested.

That said, the wild speculation on these boards about what "Warlords of Draenor" means is just that, wild speculation. Personally I'm uninterested in spending a whole expansion "back in time trying to preserve a timeline". That is OK for the odd one-off Caverns of Time dungeon where you're a tiny strike force in disguise, but sending tens of thousands of adventurers back in time on a semi-permanent basis for a couple of years just begs credulity. And I'm pretty good at suspension of disbelief. But of course, 100 percent of the speculation on these boards could be spectacularly wrong. If "Warlords of Draenor" is real, it could be great and have nothing to do with silly bad time travel retcons.

But back on topic: The trademark information does not match prior filings for Blizzard's PC games.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nice_(WIPO)
    Updating the treaty

The Nice Classification is continuously revised by a "committee of experts," whose membership is representative of all signatory states, and a new edition is published every five years. The current (tenth) edition has been in effect since 1 January 2013.
    And on the current edition, downloadable software for mobile devices is covered under 9. but mousepads are not.

TMs filed BEFORE January 2013:

Mists of Pandaria:
    Computer game software; computer game discs; computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit; downloadable computer game software; computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices; interactive multimedia computer game program; mousepads.

AFTER:

Hearthstone:
    Computer game software; downloadable computer game software; computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices; interactive multimedia computer game program.
    Reaper of Souls
    Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices, interactive multimedia computer game programs.
    Heroes of the Storm:
    Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs.
    Warlords of Draenor:
    Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs.

The ONLY CHANGES are purely semantic.

"Wireless devices" becomes "portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs." But they are essentially the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post

It's actually kind of funny to suggest that WoD is a Hearthstone 'expansion' because WoD doesn't match up with a trademark made a couple years ago, and then neglect to mention that WoD doesn't match up with Hearthstone itself (namely, the part that explicitly discusses card games and competitions).
    Mine only problem with that is it seems quite odd to trademark the name of an expansion for a game that hasn't even been given a release date or really any information besides the actual name of the game itself and a silly little cartoon animation.

Also Heroes of the Storm is something to do with all of Blizzard games and Warlords of Draenor is a little to specific to WoW.

Credit to Eronote.
    Credit to Shiri for Avatar

Regardless of what the WoW expansion ends up being, I'm excited to be done with MoP.

Don't know how much time I'll have to play let alone raid though since I plan to be in the Navy no later than summer next year.

People are frickin ridiculous.

It's going to be the xpac, so you had better start getting ready for it, it you're going to be alot more disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post

It's going to be the xpac, so you had better start getting ready for it, it you're going to be alot more disappointed.
    I'm actually convinced at this point that it's not the expansion. Not because I don't want it to be, I honestly couldn't care less what it ends up being, as long as it comes out soon enough. The things just don't seem to add up.

Friday just needs to hurry up so we can get to discussing all the legitimate information!

10+ Year Old Account
    Mists of Pandaria doesn't have a Class 41 in New Zealand, but the rest do, While "Warlords of Draenor does" ???

Class 41 for WoD: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing on-line "non-downloadable" computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games.

Class 41 for Heroes: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line * "Bolded part that is here is missing in WoD Trademark" computer games, providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network, providing online news and information in the field of computer games.

Class 41 for MoP: IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games; entertainment services, namely, conducting contests online and providing a website for organizing, planning and executing exhibitions and special events between computer game players and interest groups for entertainment purposes. FIRST USE: 20111021. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20120925

The Class 41 for WoD is missing a totally different part from MoP, but it is missing one important point from Heroes' Trademark.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-11-03 at 05:02 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account

It's pretty normal thing to happen I've come to notice.

I don't mean no offense to anyone, but I do love the wild speculations about Warcraft 4 and such.

Credit to Eronote.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Let's compare the trademarks.

so I think it's much more likely this is somehow related to "Hearthstone" or "Heroes of the Storm". And if it is, it also makes sense that the trademark wouldn't need to apply to game software sold together as a unit with manuals and guides.

Another reason I think it's not related to WoW is the name. The name "Warlords of Draenor" sounds very close to "Heroes of Azeroth" (the TCG) and "Heroes of Warcraft" (Hearthstone). The "Warlords of Draenor" then could be a Hearthstone expansion that adds Outland heroes to the game - an Orc Blademaster, an Ogre Mage and a Demon Hunter.
    Ya, that's what I've been thinking since I saw the tm. Warlords of Draenor is a pretty crappy name for a WoW xpack, the trademark had also noted nothing about game discs, which I highly doubt Blizz would switch WoW to 100% digital all the sudden on this xpack without surveying the landscape first with a random question on some forum or via twitter. Most likely the Dark Below is going to be the next WoW xpack, we'll finally wrap up that loose end of Neptulon and also hopefully wrap up the Rift of Aln as well.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Armory... Mobile Pet Battles.... Mobile AH....

All kinds of potential reasons to include that tag. Boub knows what's in the expansion, so I trust when Boub says "this one is real."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Maybe we'll be even more disappointed when it turns out to be the mobile ap for Blizzard DOTA MOBA Heroes of the Storm Hearthstone Expansion set - Warlords of Draenor Warcraft 4 Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by jjuice32 View Post
    Mine only problem with that is it seems quite odd to trademark the name of an expansion for a game that hasn't even been given a release date or really any information besides the actual name of the game itself and a silly little cartoon animation.

Also Heroes of the Storm is something to do with all of Blizzard games and Warlords of Draenor is a little to specific to WoW.
    Blizz trademarks all of their stuff before actually announcing it. If they didn't, a competitor could swiftly trademark it the moment it's released to steal Blizz's thunder.

MoP was trademarked before Blizzcon as well as Cataclysm. Prior to that I'm not sure as I wasn't closely following WoW news back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Armory... Mobile Pet Battles.... Mobile AH....

All kinds of potential reasons to include that tag. Boub knows what's in the expansion, so I trust when Boub says "this one is real."
    Slowpoke like at the Class 41 trademark, its missing important points that MoP has. The part that is confusing so much why is missing these parts in both Class 9 & 41.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Ya, that's what I've been thinking since I saw the tm. Warlords of Draenor is a pretty crappy name for a WoW xpack, the trademark had also noted nothing about game discs, which I highly doubt Blizz would switch WoW to 100% digital all the sudden on this xpack without surveying the landscape first with a random question on some forum or via twitter. Most likely the Dark Below is going to be the next WoW xpack, we'll finally wrap up that loose end of Neptulon and also hopefully wrap up the Rift of Aln as well.

Except the part where the Dark Below is 100% fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinagami091 View Post
    Blizz trademarks all of their stuff before actually announcing it. If they didn't, a competitor could swiftly trademark it the moment it's released to steal Blizz's thunder.

MoP was trademarked before Blizzcon as well as Cataclysm. Prior to that I'm not sure as I wasn't closely following WoW news back then.
    Yea current and upcoming Expansions were trademarked. I just find it odd to trademark and even talk about an expansion for a Game that is no where close to being released.
    Last edited by jjuice32; 2013-11-03 at 05:06 PM.

Credit to Eronote.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Slowpoke like at the Class 41 trademark, its missing important points that MoP has.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nice_(WIPO)

Because MoP was trademarked BEFORE the Nice classifications were updated on January 1st 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by kendro1200 View Post
    Except the trademark DOES mention game disks. It's literally the 2nd item. Read it again.