Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Frankly I don't care for a discussion on the matter. Warlocks were incredible during progression and still easily have #1 potential on let's be generous and say 12/14 encounters and have some nice survivability so I still consider them the top damagedealer. If you don't - so be it. It doesn't matter anyways as wars definitely aren't a bad performing class.
    Why would you come on a discussion board if you don't actually want to discus anything? Especially when the only evidence you present is "Because I said so."

#confused.

Warriors are basically the strongest they've been this xpac, and a good warrior should be in the top 5 for most 25m fights.

Quote Originally Posted by warex00 View Post
    Evening mmo! Quiick question regarding viabillity of warriors as dps, looking through logs (WoL and raidbots) it seems they are doing quite poorly on single target, but abit better on aoe.
    SO my question is, are they worth playing atm? I dont got much exp, always had one as an alt, but always dreamt of having it as a main, and be able to raid competitive with it, but I just cant recall seeing them on top(maybe ICC, or DS) (correct me if im wrong)
    So what do you guys think, are the viable, as in competing against the other classes? will they ever be on top?
    Any answer is appreciated
    - Warex
    First of all, I'm sorry to say but pleased to inform that, regardless of how good or bad a class is, you're not going to be as good as other people who play it because you're basing your decision on numbers instead of enjoyment.
    What I mean is that, if you're good at a Warrior, you're going to be good at a Warrior. If you're good at a Warrior, and you've never played a Mage but wanna reroll because of how OP they are next patch, it really doesn't matter how strong they are because you simply will not be good at it. Period.
    It's a video game, this isn't your job. You don't get paid for it, WoW isn't a career choice. Play the game for fun and do what you want to do, but do it for your own enjoyment.
    You shouldn't talk about viability either. We're 2 months into the patch, not 2 months away from it. Speculation isn't something you have after the facts are already in and the fact is, if you pick a class purely on the numbers you will never be the one on top of WoL because those are the ones who dedicated infinitely more time and effort than you ever can to their character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    First of all, I'm sorry to say but pleased to inform that, regardless of how good or bad a class is, you're not going to be as good as other people who play it because you're basing your decision on numbers instead of enjoyment.
    What I mean is that, if you're good at a Warrior, you're going to be good at a Warrior. If you're good at a Warrior, and you've never played a Mage but wanna reroll because of how OP they are next patch, it really doesn't matter how strong they are because you simply will not be good at it. Period.
    It's a video game, this isn't your job. You don't get paid for it, WoW isn't a career choice. Play the game for fun and do what you want to do, but do it for your own enjoyment.
    You shouldn't talk about viability either. We're 2 months into the patch, not 2 months away from it. Speculation isn't something you have after the facts are already in and the fact is, if you pick a class purely on the numbers you will never be the one on top of WoL because those are the ones who dedicated infinitely more time and effort than you ever can to their character.
    From a different standpoint, I actually enjoy doing things well. I get far more enjoyment from playing a class I can play well than one that is inherently fun. It's why I enjoy my warrior more than my DK, and my DK more than my shadow priest.

You can derive enjoyment from objective measurements. Granted there are *somethings* that are less fun that are better and people won't do. But just because you base a decision on numbers doesn't mean you won't enjoy it more :P

If we look at the absolute top end of of raiding and players-skill, warriors are in the top5 of best classes this tier. If we look at pure single target, we would rank as either 3:rd or 4:th. The ranking goes as: WW/Feral>Rogue/Fury>rest

For AoE, it's harder to rank, because there are so many different AoE situations that can come up.
    Burst AoE every 40s-1m, Fury is the strongest in the game.
    Constant AoE on 8targets, Arms is the strongest in the game.
    Constant cleave on 2targets, Arms is the strongest in the game.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Don't forget about raid utility.

Shattering Throw is very handy - especially in the execute phase.
    Banners are just potent no matter which one you use.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyness View Post
    It is good to look at WOL if you are wanting to push progression and look at how a class compared to other dps classes.
    Lol no. You don't compare one class to another by looking at what are by definition the most extreme outliers recorded. Please take a basic statistics course.

OP if you really want to main a warrior, just put the time and effort into it and you'll do as fine as you will with any other class more or less.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    It doesn't matter. You're not in a top 50 guild, you're not a .01% top raider. At your level you can play anything and it'll be viable.

That's the truth. If it hurts your feelings, then you're just delusional.
    I'm going to copy this quote and spam it every time one of these threads comes up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    Compared to last tier, warriors now are in a good position for dps.

We are not top but are competitive in almost every situation, ST, Cleave and AOE.

I've a 56+ hunter and a 55+ warlock which I raid on as alternates.

From the perspective of Pure DPS/survivability/utility, I would say it is still warlock>rogues>warrior. Whilst warrior isn't the class to stack this tier, there's no reason not to have one or two in a raid comp.

Even for range favored fights like Thok and Siegecrafter.. Warriors are surprisingly useful.
    Progressing Thok atm. I feel pretty crippled :<

Quote Originally Posted by reebelraabel View Post
    If it's any relief, all melee feels crippled there.

That's funny, because Thok heroic is probably one of those fights where I would NEVER sit a warrior. I will go ahead and claim that warriors are by far the strongest class on Thok. Why? Not because of our DPS, but because of our utility. Thok is all about keeping the raid alive through 27-30 stacks of screeching each phase, and no other class in the game compares to warriors in that regard. Rally cry for 10 sec (5 stacks), Demo banner for 15 sec (7-8 stacks) and only on 3 minute cooldown. Add to that our shattering throw and skull banner for extra raid DPS, and our vigilance for tanks.

Viability doesn't only come down to DPS output, and even in that aspect we are pretty good this tier. We're not rogues on single target, we're not locks on multi-target but definetly we perform within 5% of the best classes in every situation.

To me, that is true viability - and I would rank warriors as one of, if not the best class this tier. A good warrior will not be sat on any fight due to class in Siege of Orgrimmar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    If it's any relief, all melee feels crippled there.
    Casters aren't any better thanks to screech phases.

Assume this is H thok? Fury is the strongest melee dps on that fight. On my progression kill, I outdo even some of the ranged. Bladestorm, reck and pot on bats. That should give you a head start. Remember to glyph enraged speed. Storm bolt thok when he gets out of range

Assume this is H thok? Fury is the strongest melee dps on that fight. On my progression kill, I outdo even some of the ranged. Bladestorm, reck and pot on bats. That should give you a head start. Remember to glyph enraged speed. Storm bolt thok when he gets out of range
    Watch out for his butt chomp if you chase him though....

Do you guys use shattering throw on all fights? If so, when? 20%?

Deleted
    I usually use shattering throw on the pull with pre-pot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrekon View Post
    Do you guys use shattering throw on all fights? If so, when? 20%?
    Probably wanna use it whenever dps is most important which is generally when you burn heroism/bloodlust.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, meter chasing.

Quote Originally Posted by ElChig View Post
    Watch out for his butt chomp if you chase him though....
    also dont try and heroic leap behind him, this angers the butt

10+ Year Old Account
    Picking any class to play based on "what's currently the best" won't get you anywhere anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velnora View Post
    First off you shouldn't choose a class based on how well they are doing. Secondly I don't know what you are looking at but warriors are doing rather well for single target
    If it's for the progress for the guild, of course he should. I rerolled mage for my guild since we already had 2 locks in our 10man team and while I would probably like to play a DK or Warrior more, I rolled mage because the guild would benefit more.

Not everyone plays their class just for the fun of the rotations, everyone have different reasons, so you shouldn't tell him what he should or shouldn't do, you should recommend stuff instead.

On topic: Every class is viable at the moment when it comes to dps in pure single target. Warriors are a bit behind a few other classes (they're 3rd melee at the moment, and way behind a lot of ranged) but even world first guilds had warriors in their groups. They bring awesome utility and people rarely say "we gotta have a warrior in our group?"

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    On topic: Every class is viable at the moment when it comes to dps in pure single target. Warriors are a bit behind a few other classes (they're 3rd melee at the moment, and way behind a lot of ranged) but even world first guilds had warriors in their groups. They bring awesome utility and people rarely say "we gotta have a warrior in our group?"
    The thing is single target really doesn't matter all that much this tier. When you put it this way it seems like warriors are in the bottom of the charts, which is far from correct. We are towards the top for sure. You can look into every fight, but taking overall fights in Heroic SoO you get this: http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overa...14/60/default/

Pure single target is IJ; you say "way behind a lot of ranged". We are 4% below the best performing single target class (warlock) and the 4rd best class in the game behind locks, rogues, mages. http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Iron_...14/60/default/

I really think people need to back up their arguments. Warriors are stronger than ever, and thinking of our utility probably one of the very best PvE classes this tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliria View Post
    The thing is single target really doesn't matter all that much this tier. When you put it this way it seems like warriors are in the bottom of the charts, which is far from correct. We are towards the top for sure. You can look into every fight, but taking overall fights in Heroic SoO you get this: http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overa...14/60/default/

Pure single target is IJ; you say "way behind a lot of ranged". We are 4% below the best performing single target class (warlock) and the 4rd best class in the game behind locks, rogues, mages. http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Iron_...14/60/default/

I really think people need to back up their arguments. Warriors are stronger than ever, and thinking of our utility probably one of the very best PvE classes this tier.
    I think single target matters a great deal in this tier. More single target dps is very often more important than more AoE/cleave/multidot.

Take any fight as an example. 10% more single target dps on the bosses means shorter phases, less phases on some fights and less adds on some fights.

More AoE just means you don't have to be as careful with the mechanics adds bring.

Heck, even Galakras requires high single target dps on shamans. The other mobs are usually dead from cleaves anyways. From the heroic fights I have experience from so far (first 6 bosses) I only consider Galakras being a somewhat important fight to have AoE dps.

We have a hunter/lock for Immerseus, so those adds melt. More single target means less abilities to care about. More AoE means shit.

We even had to cut down on the AoE/MultiDoT on Protectors because we needed to push certain phases faster. We reduced AoE to increase single target during our progression there.

Norushen is a no brainer, single target is most important there, same with Sha of Pride unless you for some reason think dps should handle the adds by themselves.

Galakras; the only step up in difficulty is higher dps needed on Shamans/Bonecrushers. Mostly single target.

Iron Juggernaut, well. Only one target to dps.

My point is, after you've reached enough AoE dps to actually beat the phase, everything else should always be thrown into single target. More AoE might push higher numbers, but that doesn't mean it's more important.