Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    Right, I took a quick glance at it and you gotta be on the lookout for two things. It's both registered as Class 9 and Class 41.

Class 9 has this part

Class 41 has this part

This means that it's actually split in two, there is a part that is downloadable and a part that is not-downloadable. Which, if you think about it, makes sense, as we do not download all the data.

Mists of Pandaria is a bit odd duck, but this trend actually continues. I think it's more that the Class 41 gets more changed than America changes presidents, because this is the Class 41 for Wrath of the Lich King in 2007.

Where as their class 9 is practically the same, just a few words re-arranged.

What exactly the class 41 stands for is in my opinion bollocks. So I do not think you should cling on that part too much if I were you, because it doesn't mean much.
    I have a bit of trouble understanding what you mean. What exactly is split? The Warlords trademark is talking about use on mobile devices, I don't see anything equal to that in older WoW trademarks. The non-downloadable stuff still irritates me, too.

Deleted
    I don't know honestly what to think about the whole WoD thing....although I wouldn't mind it being a browser game.
    /expansion hate

Just my 2 cents,

as far as the mobile content TM, it could be as simple as a trademark for some services added later on into the expansion into the Remote AH, an addition of pet battles or something of the sort to it.

assuming its a browser based game is a bit far fetched in my opinion.

A trademark dosn't necessarily mean that they are going to be using all the aspect of the TM to create things.

its more a defense mechanism to prevent other people from digging their hands ins with branding of 3rd party software under the companies registered names.

(on a side note, after some extensive research I've noticed that you can also control some in game world of warcraft bots via your phone, the apps are readily available on google play)

Just because the trademark says it can be used for certain things, doesn't mean it has to be used for all of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    A browser game wouldn't, but trademarking it means that it's protected from being legitimatelly stolen and sold as "discs only".

Trademarking it doesn't mean it will actually be done this way. Take a look at Runescape to say an example.

I have yet to see blank USB sticks with a Runescape brand, yet it's there.

So does this trademark mean something? No, it can be anything, that it is registered as non-downloadable game content can also be seen as how you look at it. Your character is online, you do not download it, hence it's non-downloadable game content.

On the other side, everything you do online, even in a browser game, you download it to your cache folder. So you can not trademark something as non-downloadable, because even browsing mmo-c, you download data.
    Runescape gave out usb thumb drives with the logo on them at their conference thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Just because the trademark says it can be used for certain things, doesn't mean it has to be used for all of them.
    Then I wonder why they don't just trademark everything, or almost everything, for every game. Yet the trademarks for their different games look very different from each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Right that's a good point. The trademark would cover attempts to steal that software and sell it on discs. In case of the non-downloadable thing - I'm not so sure about that anymore, because Reaper of Souls mentions it too, but Mists of Pandaria doesn't.
    That must be why Heroes of the Storm has Game Discs than, so no one can sell it off the Discs, I get it now.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    That must be why Heroes of the Storm has Game Discs than, so no one can sell it off the Discs, I get it now.
    Well Heroes of the Storm will be online only, right? But I don't see why they shouldn't bring out disc versions of that game, LoL did it too. http://www.amazon.com/League-Legends-PC/dp/B002HOIPCW

What if WOD is the name of the warcraft movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    There was one line, that Fleugen pointed to in another thread, that appears in no other Blizzard trademark.

Non-downloadable being the key word here. What could this mean? The game can not be downloaded, but is accessed via a global computer network? No patches, no digital download? A browser game, a game for mobile phones, a console game? Then I googled that line and it gave me almost only Warlords of Draenor hits on the first two pages, but it also gave me this

http://www.trademarkify.com.au/list/...mputer%20games

I don't know those games, but I recognized one name. Zynga. Could this really be a browser game?
    Did you forget the part where it mentioned GAME DISCS (e.g., CD-ROMs)?

Also, I'm sure Bouboille has more insider information than we do, and he had this to say:
    https://twitter.com/Boubouille_MMO/s...55435344568320
    https://twitter.com/Boubouille_MMO/s...56899966160896

So it's pretty much confirmed.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, Mists of Pandaria was worse.
    I can still remember all those people who thought it was 'proven' that it wouldn't be Mists of Pandaria, it was so bad..
    The difference is most of the people who were against marshes of crapdaria aren't against WOD, just skeptical because of sketchy leaks. Most of us would gladly welcome it, and we still won't like the current cesspool we've been forced to trudge through for a year.

I'm gonna hold onto my belief that it's the movie. Then bathe in the smug if it is xD

Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor! Also didn't the Comic-con clip take place in Outlands with a human or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    The difference is most of the people who were against marshes of crapdaria aren't against WOD, just skeptical because of sketchy leaks. Most of us would gladly welcome it, and we still won't like the current cesspool we've been forced to trudge through for a year.
    No one's forcing you to do anything. You do it quite willingly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I'm gonna hold onto my belief that it's the movie. Then bathe in the smug if it is xD

Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor! Also didn't the Comic-con clip take place in Outlands with a human or something?
    You didn't really get the whole thingy with trademarking something, did you?

Can't wait for blizzcon to roll through so we can see who is right who is wrong get the finger pointing out of the way and be done with it all lol