Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Can druids mate with respective animal and give birth?

Can a male druid mate with respective animal and give birth to a: What?

Deleted
    Maybe a seahorse but we don't get that form.

I assume you mean can the animal then give birth.

Well, the short answer would be: we don't know.
    There's two kinds of transformations in the world. Arcane transformation, like a dragon's transformation, which seems to be permanently changing your race to another of your choosing. If you die in that form, you remain transformed. Druidic transformation has you take on the essence of a natural form. Is this a full transformation, or does it merely hide your true self? In quests, druids turn back, if killed. However this may be just a game mechanic, because the same thing happens when you kill players; as it should of course be clear to new players when they killed a druid and not an animal. I can't think of any examples in lore when a druid dies in animal shape, except the Worgen, and I am not completely sure if they turn back to mortals when killed, in lore. Maybe someone else will recall.

If they do not, they are really physically the animal. Is that enough to breed? We do not know. It's unlikely something we'd find out either, in a universe with a 12+ rating.

In a universe where a goddess mated with a Stag to create Cenarius, whose bloodline then mated with a rock elemental to make Centaur, and where things like Orc-Draenei-Human hybrids happen, and the seemingly half-mortal Drakonid of the good Dragonflights, I'd say the likely answer is yes. Druids and animals would give viable offspring, if druidic transformation is as complete as arcane transformation.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2013-11-29 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I assume you mean can the animal then give birth.

Well, the short answer would be: we don't know. There's two kinds of transformations in the world. Arcane transformation, like a dragon's transformation, which seems to be permanently changing your race to another of your choosing. If you die in that form, you remain transformed. Druidic transformation has you take on the essence of a natural form. Is this a full transformation, or does it merely hide your true self? In quests, druids turn back, if killed. However this may be just a game mechanic, because the same thing happens when you kill players, as it should of course be clear to new players when they killed a druid and not an animal. I can't think of any examples in lore when a druid dies in animal shape, except the Worgen, and I am not completely sure if they turn back to mortals when killed, in lore. Maybe someone else will recall.

If they do not, they are really physically the animal. Is that enough to breed? We do not know. It's unlikely something we'd find out either, in a universe with a 12+ rating.

In a universe where a goddess mated with a Stag to create Cenarius, whose bloodline then mated with a rock elemental to make Centaur, and where things like Orc-Draenei-Human hybrids happen, and the seemingly half-mortal Drakonid of the good Dragonflights, I'd say the likely answer is yes. Druids and animals would give viable offspring.
    Thank you

Wasnt there a forum that debated exclusively sick and disturbing WoW subjects?

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Wasnt there a forum that debated exclusively sick and disturbing WoW subjects?
    This is not disturbing, this is science!

Cenarius' dad wasn't just a regular old deer. Also in one of the books I forget which one it was one of the druids mentioned the longer he fought in his feral form the harder it was to retain his humanity. Probably meaning if the druid stayed to long in its form it could become permanent, I would guess somewhere near the permanent stage it could happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimonde View Post
    Can a male druid mate with respective animal and give birth to a: What?
    A male/female druid can definitely mate with respective animal - why not?

The creature you polimorph into is not real, it's magical, like summons.
    But somewhere behind it there is still real yourself, you take hits yourself, you lose health yourself and your armor loses durability.

So most likely you can give birth to a child if you have sex with someone of your kind(i.e. tauren for example), even if you have sex with them in animal form.

It's does not make any sense that animal form will alter your semen DNA or that female druids will be able to give birth to an animal if they got pregnant in an animal form.

The one Horde Ashenvale quest where you kill the Night Elf bear, he stays in bear form when you remove his paw. It seems plausible that a druid can be permanently transformed, and who knows what that does.

This actually is very close to the background lore of the comic book epic Elfquest, which was an inspiration in small part both in art style for Samwise and in lore for the Night Elves and the Draenei.

Originally, elves were tall almost divine transdimensional alien beings who travelled the cosmos shape changing into different lifeforms in order to experience their existence and learn from it. They were collecting "experiences" for millennia. They did this using a massive crystalline vessel which phased between dimensions and could travel through space and time like the Exodar.

This was the appearance of the vessel.

Eventually they came to Earth (or an Earth parody) and they altered the vessel to look like a brilliant and delicately constructed enchanted elven castle, using the folklore of the locals as a template. They then assumed the shape of elves, lithe beautiful beings with drawn gaunt features. This was in what would be similar to our medieval times in Europe.

But for reasons I won't go into, the ship was sabotaged while landing/phasing, and they ended up phasing thousands of years in the past in a tragic accident, when man was still essentially primitive hominid ancestors similar to "cave men".

The beautiful elven creatures they had shape changed into in order to communicate with the humans came out of their vessel to try and communicate with the primitive human ancestors, but they were met with fear and clubbed to death. This violence was shocking to them and they fled, now trapped in this world and time from their ship being sabotaged.

The last survivors began to learn what it meant to be mortal, and they were starving and coming to terms with pain, injury, and death. But one of them began to shapeshift into a wolf so she could hunt and learn to feed with the other wolves of the forest, being accepted into their pack.

After centuries of this, she began to lose the memory of her non-wolf self and become trapped in the wolf mind. She ended up mating with a wolf, and their offspring was a weird hybrid of elf and wolf.

After a number of generations the wolf blood was diluted more and more, but the elves descended from the wolf were much shorter than the other delicate lithe "highborn", and they took to living in the forest and wearing skins and tribal adornments, they were savage and feral in comparison, loving to live wild and free, roaming the forest and telepathically bonding with their wolf familiars who they rode as mounts.

Here's an image of every generation going back to Timmain's daughter, the first wolf/elf hybrid.

It all was heavily an inspiration for the Night Elves of WOW.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

I have always said that my female drood, if she were to get pregnant I would be sure to be in tree form when she gives birth so I can just plant the little guy in a pot of soil and put him on the windowsill. Either that or go into manatee form so I could have a sea monkey and put him in a fish bowl.

Deleted
    you realise that this is a game, Real life Druids dont actually have the ability to turn into animals, or get them pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    you realise that this is a game, Real life Druids dont actually have the ability to turn into animals, or get them pregnant.
    I call bullshit.

Well species that aren't even from the same planet seem to be compatible in fantasy universes, including that one, so I don't see why not.

And, the offspring would likely just be whatever animal the druid's in and doing it with. If he's in bear form nailing a bear, it'll be a bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    The creature you polimorph into is not real, it's magical, like summons.
    But somewhere behind it there is still real yourself, you take hits yourself, you lose health yourself and your armor loses durability.
    So i guess the bigger question is if you f a polymorphed target, is it considered bestiality

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear god.. o.O

I doubt magic shape shifting changes one's DNA to be compatible with whatever creature you took a fancy to...

No and you put down that pen and stop writing furry slash fics right now, young man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

My instinct is to say yes, though I also think that if a female druid were to revert to her humanoid form during the pregnancy it would likely cause a miscarriage. But then, who knows?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Snip
    Sounds like http://www.wowwiki.com/Savagekin. Though it is cannon(?), it is the closest we are going to get.

They mention "The savagekin may adopt the shape of her animal companion", since it mentions companion, I think it is possible.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose