Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm pretty sure I'd kill myself if I was to become a burden for someone - be it of age or a sickness - and had no hope of getting better. But I think that's about the only thing that would make me suicide.

Is it the easy way out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Sometimes the only way out ....
    I was waiting for you to show up!
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't possibly know if someone else's life if worth living, so I support people's right to kill themselves. The idea that I know about your life better than you do is absurdly arrogant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uhohstd View Post
    It's weak and the most selfish thing you can do.

Its our entire social undertaking that really makes suicide as a feasible means to an end. People are expected to look and act certain ways in order to meet a standard. It's the way we have been raised and the way that it is commercialized in our culture. People have become weak because they lack the will to be an individual.

No matter who you are or where you are, there is somebody that cares about you. People who commit suicide don't realize that when they committ that cowardly act they are hurting those that did care about them. It is incredibly selfish to only think about yourself and end it, there is someone who cares about you 99.9% of the time who will be hurt and lost because of your selfish act.
    Forcing someone to continue on with a life they want nothing to do with because you'll be hurt by their loss is by far the most weak and selfish thing you can do. A coward is someone who lives behind the puke you're trying to feed us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    This is a good perspective. Now, think to yourself that maybe you're the 40th person this week who's given the "social animals" speech. It's totally understandable and you're right, we are hardwired that way. However, slip into the perspective of someone who's almost entirely alone but not by choice. This person has lost all of their family. Their one love was lost years ago in the accident that disfigured them in a way that has pushed all potential friends from them since then, regardless of how social he wanted to be. Just to be able to pay his medical and living expenses, he's forced to hold 2 full time jobs which fill all of his time outside of a pathetic sleep regiment.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg. There's a myriad of other day to day problems and new ones arising all the time with little to no hope at all for discovering any sort of release let alone solution to it outside of winning the lottery.

So tell me, why would this person considering suicide be cowardly?

(disclaimer: The person I'm quoting was not saying suicide was cowardly, I'm using his scenario as a perspective example.)
    Well, I don't think he would look at it as cowardly.
    I think he may think that Suicide is a hard choice, and takes some serious defiance of survival instincts in order to perform, wherever it is by jumping off a tall building, jumping in front of a train or many many other ways to kill you, because dying is a unknown experience.

The step of thinking about suicide, and actually performing it is two entirely different things.
    He may at first think it's cowardly, because he's working hard. But once he is broken enough, and thinks about it seriously, it becomes harder and harder to imagine taking your own life.
    That was how it was like for me at least.
    I was alone not by choice, and I had to work at a shitty store for shit all payment, my ex had cheated on me, my friends had all left me to defend her cheating, and I had no one to talk to for months.
    I know the experience, and it's not a easy one. One of the reasons as to why I said I'm not brave enough to kill myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Crowley View Post
    Really, fuck off. If you are so keen on people LIVING you get your fucking ass out there and lend a hand to someone who needs it.
    I'm beyond help - been through around 10 professionals, dealing with it solo doesn't help. They now just have me on drugs so I don't care my life sucks any more. Not too sure if that is better than suicide, but apparently so.

If any of these attention who... eh... I mean, high and mighty people saying things like "cowards" were given a rope and a letter saying "If you suicide right now, the world will be in peace for ever", even if they knew the contents of the letter to be true, I bet not even one of them would be able to be the hero they claim to be on the internets. Why? Because it takes courage to end your own life. More courage than acting tough and saying cute frases on the internet for upvotes or attention points.

It doesn't matter the reason, to end your own life is the exact opposite of cowardly.
    Last edited by Snorlaxi; 2013-12-10 at 02:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is incredibly selfish to only think about yourself and end it, there is someone who cares about you 99.9% of the time who will be hurt and lost because of your selfish act.
    And how selfish it is to force someone to live just because you can't stand losing him/her? Look at yourself before calling someone "a selfish coward".

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    . The only boundaries are those we set for ourselves,
    And money. Money is a pretty huge boundary for many people - there just isn't enough to get help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by uhohstd View Post
    No matter who you are or where you are, there is somebody that cares about you. People who commit suicide don't realize that when they committ that cowardly act they are hurting those that did care about them. It is incredibly selfish to only think about yourself and end it, there is someone who cares about you 99.9% of the time who will be hurt and lost because of your selfish act.
    So if you're in horrible, horrible pain you should just keep living for others? What kind of bullshit is that? The one committing suicide is the bad person in that case? Thats just fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    That being said (I still think it's a coward's way out), I'm all for it. If people want to off themselves, that's fine by me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm beyond help - been through around 10 professionals, dealing with it solo doesn't help. They now just have me on drugs so I don't care my life sucks any more. Not too sure if that is better than suicide, but apparently so.
    Yay for antidepressants; making the fact that nothing really matters matter a little less!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    So if you're in horrible, horrible pain you should just keep living for others? What kind of bullshit is that? The one committing suicide is the bad person in that case? Thats just fucked up.
    Yup! The preachers in this thread are people who have NEVER given this topic the slightest bit of thought outside of the ever popular "Its cowardly bro" yet, like clockwork, they're always dependably in these threads to let other people know how dumb their perspective is.

What a fascinating world we live in.

Here is my personal blunt and rather scathing view on suicide. It's all about relativity. For the most part suicide is a first world problem. look at the suicide rates, most of these are highest in prosperous countries and very low in poor countries. All life is relative, the more you have the more you need to make yourself happy and the more significant, what could be thought by others to be insignificant, problems become.

Suicide sometimes may be only option in extreme situation, but most of the time you need to remember that we ALL will die someday, so unless someone keep you closed like a slave, or you really suffer every day for some reason, then it is ok, but if your problem is that you don't have job then it is not a valid reason - most countries do not let you die from starving, and if you have no money they will need to give you a shelter and food - if not then I believe then even stealing that food would be better option than just giving up - also there is free food in prison if they catch you I do not have job since 2 years, and I know that even if I will have to sleep in woods and eat grass I will not just kill myself - there is too much time left for me and this is what we really have - time - you cannot buy it or sell it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Suicide is like a "logout"-button... i mean... we all play this Game called "Life". And how sure can we be thats this rly is not just a game ? :P

Well.. i think, every one has the right to commit suicide, i mean.. there is no official law that tells you: YOU MUSST NOT COMMIT SUICIDE!

they dont want to live for YOU so they are selfish... doesnt that make you selfish for wanting them to live for YOU?

they are a coward for not wanting to live... yet they are not afraid to die?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yup! The preachers in this thread are people who have NEVER given this topic the slightest bit of thought outside of the ever popular "Its cowardly bro" yet, like clockwork, they're always dependably in these threads to let other people know how dumb their perspective is.

What a fascinating world we live in.
    You know even though I am really against the idea that its "a way out" I still think it should be everyone's own choice. It shouldnt be made to easy - to filter out people who didnt really though about it though. Also my thought is always you just have 1 shot at life and 1 shot only. If you skip it you save yourself some pain and whatever stress sure...but you also save yourself from some potential fun you still may have. Is that enough - I can't say...everyone has to decide for himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Here is my personal blunt and rather scathing view on suicide. It's all about relativity. For the most part suicide is a first world problem. look at the suicide rates, most of these are highest in prosperous countries and very low in poor countries. All life is relative, the more you have the more you need to make yourself happy and the more significant, what could be thought by others to be insignificant, problems become.
    If people are killing themselves over the new iPod, this post has a shit ton of relevance. Otherwise, basically all you've done is shown that in a world of material bullshit, it's more important things that truly matter, such as family, friends and loved ones. Those poor countries you refer to all have these things (disregarding their 32 year life expectancy for conversational clarity) and rely on their tight bonds to make it through.

Now, phase back to the "fist world problems." You're not wrong, it's definitely a first world thing, but what's the point after that? Does that make it any less serious? If a person has none of these bonds or finds themselves in a situation like THIS ONE, how important do you really think that proposed relativity is to them? Should they just change their entire perspective on life because Africa has dying children?

Quote Originally Posted by Sathnick View Post
    You know even though I am really against the idea that its "a way out" I still think it should be everyone's own choice. It shouldnt be made to easy - to filter out people who didnt really though about it though. Also my thought is always you just have 1 shot at life and 1 shot only. If you skip it you save yourself some pain and whatever stress sure...but you also save yourself from some potential fun you still may have. Is that enough - I can't say...everyone has to decide for himself.
    Probably one of the more open minded posts in this thread. Not taking either side definitively but considering all aspects of both. Well done.

Deleted
    Sorry if this sounds harsh now but suicide is by far the most stupid thing to do.

It is a "first wold problem" to find acceptance, friends, joy and if you "fail" at this, you become ostricized, lonely, sad.
    You withdraw more and more from society and become a still water, run deep, but in the end you just want attention and affection.
    To commit suicide as a final approach of getting this attention and forcing your community to think about yourself, your circumstances, your behaviour or what else (religion/feelings/life etc), but once you are dead YOU get N O T H I N G from it!

To those people who really think about this: if you want to change your life or the world around you, do something meaningful, but don't throw your life away!!!!
    We all die eventually and might end up at the same places or not, but we don't know this for sure (some believe in this, others don't).
    The only thing we know for certain is that we live, we die and that this time is limited. So take advantage of having a consciousness and do something productive with your life.
    Really, beeing 15-25 years old (+/-) and thinking about killing yourself is definetely not worth your time.
    I know life can be really, really hard (I know about people who tried killing themselves), but seriously: take your courage and find a (maybe new) meaning for your life.
    If you're thinking about death, don't spend your time thinking/worrying about how/when you die, but how you live until then.
    I'm afraid of death, because I don't belive in any religion, redemption or afterlive and this is the reason why I want to make the most out of the time I have been given here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    What is your opinion on suicide?
    You shouldn't be afraid to try anything at least once.