Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you don't want to spend money on the ingame store then don't and quit bitching about it. Stop poo-pooing Blizzard for doing what every company in existance does to generate capital. Did I buy the transmog hats? No, because I won't buy a virtual item for more than the price of a real hat but if someone else has cash to throw away on it then good for them, I don't really care.

Its time to get over the virtual store butthurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    And isn´t iron skyreaver just a sky golem with other skin?, seem to have same flying pattern and flying animation.
    The flying animations appear stolen but it's a completely different skeleton, model, and skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I also want to add that it's repeatedly stated that Blizzard can't put out more content because they don't have enough time, not because they don't have enough money. Making stuff for the store obviously takes away some time. However, this still doesn't mean that they would have actually put out more content without the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    And isn´t iron skyreaver just a sky golem with other skin?, seem to have same flying pattern and flying animation.
    No it's a skygolem with a shark, a laser cannon and a dinosaur on its head.

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    I also want to add that it's repeatedly stated that Blizzard can't put out more content because they don't have enough time, not because they don't have enough money. Making stuff for the store obviously takes away some time. However, this still doesn't mean that they would have actually put out more content without the store.
    I would imagine that a team working on implementing the instore function would be completely seperate from the team responsible for producing raids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    And all the store mounts are altered models of already ingame mounts/creatures, too. There is 0 difference there at all (and you ignored how the 'reskins' are all only obtainable within the raid instance, bar the first tiers)
    1. If the re-skins themselves are unique doesn't matter whatsoever. Of course they are. Yes there is only one black horse in the game - not the same thing as a brand new model?

2. The fact that they MAYBE used an existing beak or a toenail for a shop mount does not make it a reskin.

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    Given they are increasing their development team substantially... where did the money for that come from?

@Etrigan you have no idea how models work are are complaining for the hell of it.

When firelands released, the firehawk was a BRAND NEW MODEL only obtainable in firelands either from ragnaros or the meta achievement. Just because there's 2 doesn't mean it's a reskin.

Oh and it's still reusing the proto drake skeleton, just like the fey drake uses the drake skeleton.

Iron juggernaut is compared to winged guardian for little customization, firehawk is comparable to the more heavily modified examples.

The store used 0 new skeletons, and raiding has used 0 since I believe wrath (well wind serpent I guess?)
    Last edited by Raiju; 2014-01-16 at 04:06 PM.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I would imagine that a team working on implementing the instore function would be completely seperate from the team responsible for producing raids.
    That doesn't really have anything to do with what I wrote. A separate team could still work on subscriber content instead of the store. Which still doesn't mean that that's what they'd do if the store didn't exist (maybe the employees would just get more vacation, would be laid off, whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If you don't want to spend money on the ingame store then don't and quit bitching about it. Stop poo-pooing Blizzard for doing what every company in existance does to generate capital. Did I buy the transmog hats? No, because I won't buy a virtual item for more than the price of a real hat but if someone else has cash to throw away on it then good for them, I don't really care.

Its time to get over the virtual store butthurt.
    This is a forum. The OP made topic he was interested in discussing. In your words - "Only praise Blizzard in these forums! No criticism allowed!"?

- - - Updated - - -

The flying animations appear stolen but it's a completely different skeleton, model, and skin.
    Not quite sure whether you're talking about the Golem, or the Skyreaver - but the Golem model/skeleton were both in-game prior.

And all the store mounts are altered models of already ingame mounts/creatures, too. There is 0 difference there at all (and you ignored how the 'reskins' are all only obtainable within the raid instance, bar the first tiers)

Same to Cfortyfive, galakras has unique armor (a new model), the wolf has different armor (new model), skyscreamer/juggernaut being a mob model is just like bloodfang is a mob model.
    Sky-screamer is probably the only special model we've gotten outside of the cash shop. Galakras isn't a new model, it's a reskin with armor added on it. Nowhere near a new model, it uses the same skeletons as the proto-drake, and it sounds like the same for the wolf with different armor.

I've always wanted a bat mount, and I the answer I wanted has been left in the cash shop. And then there are mounts even more unique with reskins than some of the none micro-transaction mounts. The Faerie Dragon is far more unique than Galakras. The Bat mount in the cash shop is the only bat mount in the whole entire game, and same goes to the new chimera.

Given they are increasing their development team substantially... where did the money for that come from?
    It's not about money, it's about time. Where the money actually comes from is completely irrelevant in this case. Do you actually think that 100% of subscription income goes towards the development of the WoW subscriber experience?

The point is that they've repeatedly stated that their content production is mostly limited by the rate at which they can integrate new employees into their teams and the fact that software production simply doesn't speed up anymore after a certain number of money/people put into it.
    Last edited by reckoner04; 2014-01-16 at 04:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Tell me why people spend real money on them then?
    cause they can.
    maybe they work hard and want to reward themselves by buying a mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Steth View Post
    Sky-screamer is probably the only special model we've gotten outside of the cash shop. Galakras isn't a new model, it's a reskin with armor added on it. Nowhere near a new model, it uses the same skeletons as the proto-drake, and it sounds like the same for the wolf with different armor.
    A proto drake is not a player model - an armored version IS a remodel.

I've always wanted a bat mount, and I the answer I wanted has been left in the cash shop. And then there are mounts even more unique with reskins than some of the none micro-transaction mounts. The Faerie Dragon is far more unique than Galakras. The Bat mount in the cash shop is the only bat mount in the whole entire game, and same goes to the new chimera.
    The fey drake is VERY similar to standard drakes, just more colourful, fatty hands/head/longer wings/tail, and a couple new animations. The bat ist he same as the ToT bat model, so wasn't a new model just a new mount.

And once again, firehawk is the most impressive mount I think I've seen them put together. It's incredibly unique looking (moreso than any store mount), yet is based off an old skeleton too.

@Reckoner, nearly twice as many people working = able to work on more things at once. Ergo increasing developer team size eventually will mean more content, and this is partially paid for by the store (as shown on quarterly reviews and how despite lower subs, higher income)

@Etrigan you have no idea how models work are are complaining for the hell of it.

When firelands released, the firehawk was a BRAND NEW MODEL only obtainable in firelands either from ragnaros or the meta achievement. Just because there's 2 doesn't mean it's a reskin.

Oh and it's still reusing the proto drake skeleton, just like the fey drake uses the drake skeleton.

Iron juggernaut is compared to winged guardian for little customization, firehawk is comparable to the more heavily modified examples.

The store used 0 new skeletons, and raiding has used 0 since I believe wrath (well wind serpent I guess?)
    What you're actually arguing here, by the way, is that the shop mounts use the same / not significantly more resources and time than something like Galakras mount, which is a Red Proto Drake, with some armor. Quite funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    This is a forum. The OP made topic he was interested in discussing. In your words - "Only praise Blizzard in these forums! No criticism allowed!"?
    Deadman's known for... unique contributions to discussions. Don't sweat it.

Anyway, I saw someone mention that this could be a hint at a new theme of mounts for the next xpac the same way the heart of the ancients was for cloud serpents. I'd be totally cool with that. Then they'd just have to stick a bat mount within the game itself and I'd be totally content.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Meh don't know why people moan with same threads each time a mount / pet comes onto the store. You could always buy it for Gold in game (ask a guild mate) or something.

Would be nice for them to add an option to buy with gold actually it would make a nice gold sink for the game. Don't see the appeal in them anyway none are that stunning or of any use (just my personal opinion).

If they added something like a 3 person flying mount on store and then made one in game but only allowed you to get it in game if you 1) paid for it on store or 2) completed some heroic meta achievement or pvp achievement that was aimed at the 1% or under of player. Then i would see a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    What you're actually arguing here, by the way, is that the shop mounts use the same / not significantly more resources and time than something like Galakras mount, which is a Red Proto Drake, with some armor. Quite funny.
    And completely true. Maybe you should look into how the wow models work sometime

one of the reason people are so unhappy about blizzard. too much greed, they do nothing for the players unless it earns them shitloads of money

A proto drake is not a player model - an armored version IS a remodel.

The fey drake is VERY similar to standard drakes, just more colourful, fatty hands/head/longer wings/tail, and a couple new animations. The bat ist he same as the ToT bat model, so wasn't a new model just a new mount.

And once again, firehawk is the most impressive mount I think I've seen them put together. It's incredibly unique looking (moreso than any store mount), yet is based off an old skeleton too.

@Reckoner, nearly twice as many people working = able to work on more things at once. Ergo increasing developer team size eventually will mean more content, and this is partially paid for by the store (as shown on quarterly reviews and how despite lower subs, higher income)
    Cool. So the last 'semi-unique' mount was put into the game 3 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Its a mount, it does not make you better, it does not make you go faster then on other mounts. I have the Fey Dragon, I bought the new one. But I do not care if they are obtainable in the game or has to be bought. I will join the whining army if they start selling gear or performance stuff in the shop.
    You don't get it. Soon they will stop making new models for non-store mounts, and extend that business model to other stuff, like making tier sets look like shit, but adding awesome looking 8-piece sets that cost 30€.