Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    When leveling a character is your greatest achievement ingame, you have to protect that.
    But how does it affect to and your levelling if people bought a level 90? I really do not see how, or why, it does affect you on a personal level
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm this is dumb. Excuse me for not wanting to level another toon to 90, let's just point out that I bought my character so people can automatically assume I'm a noob before they even play with me, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    But how does it affect to and your levelling if people bought a level 90? I really do not see how, or why, it does affect you on a personal level
    It doesn't affect me on any level, personal or not.

Although you may be asking that question to the wrong person here.

What about the people who leveled with heirlooms? Recruit a friend? Scroll of Resurrection? Should they be labeled too?

Leveling was and never will be difficult. Tedious, boring, long? Sure, but not difficult. A game that's been out for almost ten years now and 100 levels needs alternative options.

Deleted
    As someone who has 14 max level characters, at least one of each class, I'm all for a bit of recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Yeah, but you worked hard on that and you should get recognition. Blizzard give FoS for a lot less........
    I have 12 90s and I couldn't care less about knowing who bought and who leveled 90s...it doesn't effect me in any way.

I have 10 lvl 90s. I dont give a shit if people can pay for level 90s because hitting max level is not the point of the game.

Because "before" there was no boosts. So no need for recognition.
    What about people who used RaF?
    Every time i log in i have to worry about if other people suspect me of having used RaF, I'm always on the defensive, ready to answer any questions that prove that i leveled the hard, legit way, like a true warrior, nay, a true MAN!

Whenever i join a dungeon or raid i have to worry about whether or not the tanks and healers know how to play of if they took the easy RaF path to instant glory, whereas i have spent countless hours grinding quests, without rest, to reach the ultimate goal.

Seriously this is a bad idea.
    I've leveled 11 characters so far, several of them from vanilla. None of them were hard to level and none of them deserve or need any kind of recognition.
    Last edited by Smeeh; 2014-01-28 at 03:17 PM.

I think Blizzard should at least add this. When a character is boosted to 90 that there would be a way to tell it was a boosted character and not a leveled character by hand. For example FoS that is character specific or something along these lines. For people who leveled a lot of characters in Vanilla,TBC,WOTLk and so on that they would get a recognition. I think it just sucks that a lot of people worked hard on getting a lot of characters to max level and now a single new guy can purchase each character class and boost him to 90 in no time. All you need is $$$$
    Stupid idea that only serves to enable exclusionist behavior. None of your business how a toon got to 90. Get over it.

Yeah, but you worked hard on that and you should get recognition. Blizzard give FoS for a lot less........
    I don't think it is healthy to search for recognition in a video game. Especially from something as trivial as leveling.

No it's not a good idea, because you know what will happen if they do this. There will be boosted 90 with the expansion, and there will be paid 90 after that. Get used to it or find another game. I've heard that there is at least ten people that are interested by elder scroll online, if you want to be the eleventh one you're welcome to go.

I can't wait to have my rogue 90, I'm to lazy to grind one but I need one for my Insane title.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    Stupid idea that only serves to enable exclusionist behavior. None of your business how a toon got to 90. Get over it.
    ^ Basically this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No. Bad idea. The last thing we need is people who boost their character being stigmatized and kicked out of groups and LFR.
    Is it really a bad thing though? If the general consensus is that a player who boosted their character is bad (and vice versa), why would groups not kick these people out?

Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    God. This, so much. It always come down to 'YOU DIDN'T PLAY LIKE I PLAYED YOU'RE BADDER THAN ME'. It's never about the positive, it's about having someone grovelling before your magnificence.

Get over it. It's a game, you aren't going to pull a $200,000+/year salary from your elitism on a video game.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

I'm sorry, but leveling is not hard. It is a hurdle. Its not a hard hurdle to jump, its a long and boring one for many people. I am a lore junkie so I don't mind questing, but plenty of people don't feel that way. Also the 1-90 storyline will barely tie in with the current storyline, because of how 1-60 is OMG Lich King is Dead, Here comes Deathwing, 60-70 Oh Wait, we need to hunt down Illidan. 70-80, oh wait the Lich King is Alive and he must be stopped. 80-85 Oh yea you remember that big dragon, yea we gotta go kill him now. 85-90 its pandaland.

The major problem and the reason this is a GREAT idea for Blizzard is that Blizz does not have the resources to go back and re-do every zone to update the storyline to be cohesive, and they saw that diverting those resources to it in Cata ended up not being worth it, very few players went back and re-did the zones for the new quest lines.

As someone 100% new to the game, and not knowing the warcraft Universe, You would honestly have no idea what in the hell was going on in this game storywise to level through it.

P.S. Leveling in no way shape or form teaches you how to play your class at max level. Look at how things like Mastery change a class? Or Itemization? Or just high level abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I forgot that people used to kick other people for things like transmog. I guess it was a bad idea considering that.
    That never really happened. A few minor incidents were blown out of proportion

My 87 Warlock just got out of Mogushon Palace. We had a 87 druid tanking in resto gear because "he hadn't been able to replace his Cata tank gear yet" (again, he's 87, and still hasn't replaced his gear?). Finally the arms warrior took over and he offered to dps...which, it turns out, means going resto. "Well my dps is useless, so I figured I'd help heal" was his response, after, you know, saying he'd dps. Of course, he woulnd't - and I'm sure couldn't be trusted - to actually be the healer, he just wanted to offheal I guess. Bear in mind, at no point did it occur to him that his foolishness meant we had to carry him, and while leveling dungeons aren't hard they still go slower when you're lacking a dps and your resto tank wiped you already.

My point? 1) I'd be more than happy to get idiots out of the leveling system if they're willing to pay 2) "Mandatory" leveling doesn't eliminate dumb players and idiotic gameplay, it just reinforced it in anyone who can't understand that intellect =/= tank stat.

Deleted
    That never really happened. A few minor incidents were blown out of proportion
    As I remember, <The Patient/Jenkins> title in combination with certain gear could get you booted at times :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    When leveling a character is your greatest achievement ingame, you have to protect that.
    LOL, this is so true. You win the thread. Probably why these people are raging so much.

No. Bad idea. The last thing we need is people who boost their character being stigmatized and kicked out of groups and LFR.
    This.

For fuck's sake, people were booting people from groups if they were wearing the store-bought helms, or if they had a Celestial Steed back when it came out, and neither of those things have any effect on a players level of skill or time spent mastering a character. Can you imagine if groups could tell that someone boosted?