Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Is your realm Connected with any others ?
    It will be on Feb. 13.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I'm having a bit of a shock on my realm. On the server selection screen we were high/Full at the end of Wrath into Cataclym. Then for the majority of Cata and Mop we were Medium. Then recently I noticed that no one is on anymore, even during peak, it was like I was on another server, I checked and we're Low now. I'm officially on a low pop realm. It's almost heartbreaking compared to how big and cool we all were back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooprat View Post
    And that folks is why you don't roll on an RP server if you want to do serious raiding! c:
    You don't roll on an RP server if you don't intend to RP.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Then recently I noticed that no one is on anymore, even during peak, it was like I was on another server, I checked and we're Low now. I'm officially on a low pop realm. It's almost heartbreaking compared to how big and cool we all were back in the day.
    The same thing has happened to my server. It's listed as "Low" right now, on saturday afternoon. There are 31 guilds listed with any normal mode SoO progression, but it appears about nine of those have either transferred off the server, had an exodus of players and stopped raiding, or have fallen apart completely.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

This is happening for 3 reasons.

1. The game is dying. Just accept it, the game has lost 250k+ subs in every quarter since the Rise of the Zandalari patch early in 2011.

2. MoP sucks. I was done with MoP by feb or march of last year and i won't play again until WoD.

3. We're at the end of the expansion. Even in previous expansions it was common for people to stop playing at the end because the game simply gets boring after doing the same everyday for 12+ months.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    This is happening for 3 reasons.

1. The game is dying. Just accept it, the game has lost 250k+ subs in every quarter since the Rise of the Zandalari patch early in 2011.

2. MoP sucks. I was done with MoP by feb or march of last year and i won't play again until WoD.

3. We're at the end of the expansion. Even in previous expansions it was common for people to stop playing at the end because the game simply gets boring after doing the same everyday for 12+ months.
    The game may be in decline but its not "dying" its still the most subbed MMO out of all of them . If we were down to like 1 mil players then yea I would say dying .
    My server is packed 24/7 though . A lot of people have been moving to higher pop servers because more guilds are there . I am on Mal'ganis and we still have aa Queue some days to get in . Guilds are active and downing content .

Part of the problem now is I would say 3 day a week guilds at the 5 month mark are more than likely on a boss involving many, many wipes. People are getting burnt out with the thinking of "do I really want to be wiping 100 times on every boss for months?"

In a standard tier, people at this point would be willing to put up with it knowing new content was coming soon. But with multiple months to go? It can get to people.

Also doesn't help where people will go "what's the point? gear will be useless"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It will be on Feb. 13.
    Hopefully that breathes new life into it/them
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Part of the problem now is I would say 3 day a week guilds at the 5 month mark are more than likely on a boss involving many, many wipes. People are getting burnt out with the thinking of "do I really want to be wiping 100 times on every boss for months?"

In a standard tier, people at this point would be willing to put up with it knowing new content was coming soon. But with multiple months to go? It can get to people.

Also doesn't help where people will go "what's the point? gear will be useless"
    I'm a 3 day/3 hour a week guild and we just downed Siegecrafter in 91 attempts even though we downed Thok a few weeks before Christmas. Don't mistake the how much the holiday season interupts with raiding, that's nearly 2 months there. Also the amount of bosses and the non-linearity of it all slows down progress unlike any other modern raiding tier. With a few wipes here and there you are spending half your raiding time clearing up to the progression boss and the amount of things that can go wrong on Malkorok or Thok add a lot. I'm sure our next kill of Siegecrafter won't be a 1 shot either.

The Method's and Blood Legions make people think that the content is easy but their main advantage is their long raid times. In Vanilla the time-sink used to be gearing up, now the time-sink is learning the dance of a particular boss until everyone has experienced everything and can do it on auto pilot. If you only raid for 3 hours you lose all momentum while you know if you had another hour or two at the boss you could get it down.

on mine the announcement that mythic will be 20man made our 25man guilds jump from 4 guilds to 20+ (look at wowprogress) and there are plenty of invites everyday from 10man guilds starting an 25 man group

this was the best announced feature of wod, at least for me, as do I hate 10mans

There were a few that died this tier a bit ago, but most of the losses in general (casual non raiders and PvPers) seemed to be first tier in my experience. In ToT, the largest amount of raid guild collapses I've seen occurred, but SoO is surprisingly stable on my "medium" (it's pretty low tbh) pop server. I foresee a few shifts because of WoD Mythic, late SoO / end of Xpac etc reasons.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    My server is fine. Medium pop with tons of active guilds, and tons more recruiting all the time.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    The end of an expansion is always hard on guilds. Out of all my guilds over the years ONE made it past the last patch of an expansion. And that was only in ds because you could clear 8/8 H in under an hour and a half and that was all you had to play all week.
    Aye mate

It's odd. On my server (Duskwood-US) we've recently had a resurgence of guilds recently. Where has before we had only 1 heroic progression guild we now have 4 guilds working on heroic content. We had a new 25m guild form and began going through normal content, they almost have a full clear now. This is big news on our server considering our last 25m guild on the server left early into DS in Cata.

Granted it's still pretty dead compared to most other servers out there. But it's still way better than what it used to be. Now if only we can get merged to strengthen our rosters with a larger player pool.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    its what happens to a lot of guilds before a new expansion about to release
    Define "about to release"...because your and my definition vary greatly.

Deleted
    Some have on mine, but I know one of the "bigger" ones was because something happened with the GM.

Mine just keeps recruiting though and usually has 1 25 and 2-3 10's each week

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My realm has been basically "dead" raiding wise for quite a while. It was always pretty slow, but in MoP, it got worse than ever. All 25 man guilds except our are basically dead - not that we ever had a lot of them, but several were still trying back in Cataclysm. Best 10 man guild died (I think?), second best barely started the last three bosses, there's few others that downed several heroic bosses - and that's it for raiding scene, pretty much. Very few people want to transfer here, since it's "dead".

Oh yeah, PuGs. I think I've heard about those in ancient legends. Only saw one of those mythical creations once, back in Cataclysm. And the idea died after couple runs, too. It's kinda funny to hear from people on other realms that they're pugging normal+some heroics for easy gear.

The most annoying thing is that the realm is still supposed to be "medium", so no chance of getting connected in near future. And even if I'm wrong, it's EU realm, and connection are proceeding at snail pace in there. Can only imagine what it's like on even smaller servers, must be a complete wasteland.

And it's going to get worse before it gets better - *if* it gets better. Expansions is still far away, so plenty of people will get bored and tired in the meantime.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2014-02-02 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    . It's kinda funny to hear from people on other realms that they're pugging normal+some heroics for easy gear.

oh those exist on highest populated servers (saying from draenor EU experience) - but its 2-3 pugs/week created as side project by people from 14/14 HC guilds to gear up alts with people of the 8+/14 HC guilds.

My realm is fine. One guild just transferred off, but it was to a backwater server so they have a chance at realm first achievements. A similar guild did that same thing last tier when my guild transferred to KT from a dying server (Vek). Another guild is transferring to KT soon to fill the void though. They might give us a run at Realm Firsts; their Garrosh kill was just a few weeks after ours.

My guild is actually growing rapidly to go 25m before the expansion ends and transition into 20m once WoD rolls around. I'm not sure what the other 10m raiding guilds will be doing. They haven't started recruiting for 20m yet. Maybe they'll die or merge in time for WoD or start recruiting in WoD and make the transition slowly with Flex N/H. They're all still working on heroic progression right now though.

Nope, quite the opposite on the realm I am on.
    Have you not gotten connected to other realms yet?
    That one change alone single-handedly saved the game and our realm for us, and I have never been more excited for an expansion knowing the amount of people I will see again!

That being said, if any 25 man guild is going to 10 NOW, they are confused. There is absolutely no reason to be doing 10 man now, and I would encourage any raiding group to begin preparing for mythic.

Most 10 man groups don't understand how much planning and vocal leadership is required to keep 20+ people focused so if you want to stay relevant when the patch drops, its best to prepare now.

All the gear will be replaced when leveling, so unless you are 10-12 bosses deep, its time to just start recruiting or discussing mergers.