Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    But, they aren't begging for money.

They offer you an item that -you- don't really need, but you might want it. So they put it on the store, because they know some might want it. It's common business, there is -no- need to actually buy the mount. It's not like they allow you to have the mount for a few days, and then you pay. It is a choice, you sit on your chair, with your card and the store screen - and you can still refuse to buy it, just close the site.

Simple action really, I don't get why some people take this topic so ill. If you don't wish a sparkling pony, a golden dragon, a emo dragon (the color changing one) or anything of that sort, then you just decline the idea of buying it.

It is digital goods, created on the side or for a promotion, then someone at Blizzard sees this idea from an artist and go, "Lets use your design for something". They then share it with us, either ingame or via the store. It isn't gamebreaking or an advance, and no, 100% not "P2W" as some think it is.

It's digital pixels, ment to be unlocked via your account at the store. It's toys made to create interest.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    There have been 444 mounts ingame in total, 405 which are available to use according to Wowhead; 7 of which are store mounts...
    Last edited by Auxis; 2014-02-17 at 08:00 AM.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I agree with you op, but all you have to do is look at the majority of the posts in this thread to see how they get away with it. Who want's to earn something in game that they can just shell out 20 bux for. Not the wow player base.
    Show me where the elusive Heart of the Aspects drops in-game and you may have an argument. Maybe.

No, don't point at the Cloud Serpent; if you've seen both of them side-by-side it's apparent they're not even the same skeleton.

I don't agree with the op's reasoning, but I agree with the complaint. Sometimes I'll see a new mount and get excited about coming back to the game, only to see it's something you just pay money for; regardless of whether it's from a CE or the cash shop. Even if the mount is worth the extra cash, I don't really have any interest in game rewards that don't require playing the game. I'll just look at clips of it's animation and save myself the cash, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I don't agree with the op's reasoning, but I agree with the complaint. Sometimes I'll see a new mount and get excited about coming back to the game, only to see it's something you just pay money for; regardless of whether it's from a CE or the cash shop. Even if the mount is worth the extra cash, I don't really have any interest in game rewards that don't require playing the game. I'll just look at clips of it's animation and save myself the cash, thanks.
    Actually, I must say, first reaction I have seen that doesn't come with "I want it" feature. Many who hold a dislike to the store are also quickly found to be because they want something there, but doesn't really wish to pay for it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    Fucking casual.
    Congratulations. You just disqualified yourself from any serious discussion.

Also, the Juggernaut isn't as hard to get as you maybe like to tell yourself. 300k gold will usually seal the deal.

This is a business. Learn to business.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Chill out. What does a mount DROPPING from a boss have to do with earned? Oh yeah, nothing with neither earned or dedication or being hardcore or casual. RNG favored you.

And then people whine about "toxic community" - apparently they are on the forums.

A thought on "fucking casuals" They pay 15 Euros like you and make it possible that Blizzard invests that extra time so you can have your precious HM raids. At the same time they might not even be interested in those raids and maybe only clog up the server 1 hr a day while you play 10 hrs.
    Hit the nail of the head there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    Yes cause Korkron Juggernaut that I earned my Blazing drake invincible pure blood fire hawk flame talons and spawn of horridon are easy right? I didn't earn them right? Fucking casual.
    Considering that listing your mounts, and then going "Fucking casual" wouldn't even support a good discussion. Invincible is quite simple to obtain if you have the will to farm (or money to buy). The Spawn of Horridon isn't really a problem in the end either, except for finding people still wishing to do ToT for it. Blazing Drake wasn't that of a problem either - a LFR geared Blood Death Knight could solo tank 25m Madness of Deathwing (I said solo tank, no solo, of course healers and DPS around), I was declined loot, but awarded the Blazing Drake because of that. Even then, many were offering to buy it within the raid. Smoldering Egg of Millagazor still drops and can be obtained, don't have it as I never won the roll though.

But I find myself quite casual, of course I admit, I also buy some mounts or pets from the store because I like to collect. But really, "Fucking casual" isn't really discussion value.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Chill out. What does a mount DROPPING from a boss have to do with earned? Oh yeah, nothing with neither earned or dedication or being hardcore or casual. RNG favored you.

And then people whine about "toxic community" - apparently they are on the forums.

A thought on "fucking casuals" They pay 15 Euros like you and make it possible that Blizzard invests that extra time so you can have your precious HM raids. At the same time they might not even be interested in those raids and maybe only clog up the server 1 hr a day while you play 10 hrs.
    Yeah, this I quite agree with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    That and the somewhat special mounts that were rare were designed and created back when the game was using less polygons etc and not as high detailed texture maps. Can you really fault blizzard for upping the quality of their work as the game goes on? Should all mounts look like the crappy drake from heroic stratholme time run or albino drake?
    I'm not complaining that the old mounts aren't getting upgrades. They had their time and that is fine.
    I am complaining that the mounts that they are adding to be acquired through gameplay NOW (= same technology) suck when compared to the store mounts.

Look at the Enchanted Fey Dragon and the Iron Skyreaver. They both have a custom skeleton and custom animations. Even the Korkron Juggernaut mount from H Garrosh uses both the skeleton and the animations of the regular scorpion model.

By default reasoning the mounts from the store HAVE to be "special" and "awesome" compared to the ones available through gameplay. Else nobody would pay money to get them. This automatically means however that the gameplay mounts will never be top-notch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    I'm not complaining that the old mounts aren't getting upgrades. They had their time and that is fine.
    I am complaining that the mounts that they are adding to be acquired through gameplay NOW (= same technology) suck when compared to the store mounts.

Look at the Enchanted Fey Dragon and the Iron Skyreaver. They both have a custom skeleton and custom animations. Even the Korkron Juggernaut mount from H Garrosh uses both the skeleton and the animations of the regular scorpion model.

By default reasoning the mounts from the store HAVE to be "special" and "awesome" compared to the ones available through gameplay. Else nobody would pay money to get them. This automatically means however that the gameplay mounts will never be top-notch.
    Completely subjective. I'd much rather have the heavenly onyx cloud serpent than any of the store mounts.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I don't know... I'd be willing to pay for the Iron Juggernaut scorpion if only because it's a mechanical scorpion.

Blizzard's business model has evolved, and they're very focused on the microtransaction side these days. I know AFKing on a mount in Krasus Landing, in front of the SW AH, or IF bridge used to be a thing, but for me personally it's not compelling gameplay. Mounts are nbd really, same with titles and transmog. Just something to collect but not the focus of my playtime. I do agree though that we've been lacking a bit in flying mount options this xpac outside of the awesome Sky Golem and countless Cloud Serpent recolors. The promotional/store flying mounts have all been pretty amazing, and I'm looking forward to the Hearthsteed, Dread Raven, and Stormcrow. In terms of ground mounts, I very rarely see a Shado-Pan Tiger or Goat. Maybe folks just didn't grind the rep or their appearance was unpopular. Warbringer dinos were A++++ though. Sha and Galleon mounts were maybe a bit too rare, but I'd probably have at least one by now if they weren't bugged for a long time.

Deleted
    I disagree. While they don't have custom skeletons, I think that the CM phoenix mounts are among the best (if not THE best) looking mounts ingame right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    The keep asking premiums to get a piece of 3D art that other artists give for free all over the internet.

It reached a point that I seriously devalue the value of the game itself in my brain because of this travesty. I'm sure a lot others have the same feeling. I wonder if they have done that evaluation, if their begging for money for artificial useless to progression items have a good impact on people's perception of the game in whole (if not, lords have mercy on our souls).
    You're not nearly as annoyed as I am by all these redundant, useless topics. Already tons of topics whining about the Blizzard stores and yet you choose to clutter already congested forums with - surprise - another one.

If you don't like the game unsub. If its such a 'travesty' that the game has optional cosmetic content (you might want to look up the definition of the word travesty btw) then don't buy it.

But spare us the whine next time. There were plenty of other topics you could have 'contributed' to with this.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    I disagree. While they don't have custom skeletons, I think that the CM phoenix mounts are among the best (if not THE best) looking mounts ingame right now.
    Hoping Blizzard makes these account-wide, but they seem to think its analogus to gladiator. They're all pretty cool looking. I had the opportunity to buy the Ji-Kun mount but passed on it. Not a fan of that recolor, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Completely subjective. I'd much rather have the heavenly onyx cloud serpent than any of the store mounts.
    True, there are also people that like the old dragon model even though most would agree that it doesn't look very well.
    It doesn't change the fact however that one mount (objectively) has a more detailed structure and more animations than the other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    he's probably the same kind of guy that ask a professional artist to make him something then when he see the bill "why should I pay you this much when anyone could do this hurrr durrr" remind me of clientsfromhell
    Thats a rather big leap dont you think.

I'm not sure how i feel about this. As it is now i'm fine with it. Paying to lvl 90? Bit closer to not fine, but i have 11x 90 so i dont really care. I'l start caring if they take ths further though.

What i am annoyed about is that its easier to find the shop button the the awesome new LFG tool.

The keep asking premiums to get a piece of 3D art that other artists give for free all over the internet.

It reached a point that I seriously devalue the value of the game itself in my brain because of this travesty. I'm sure a lot others have the same feeling. I wonder if they have done that evaluation, if their begging for money for artificial useless to progression items have a good impact on people's perception of the game in whole (if not, lords have mercy on our souls).

Blizzard has been selling mounts for years since RAF and game is fine, they just cut out the BS and sell them directly now it's great, but to simplify it for you they sell some mounts now it will not change so, GET OVER IT!.

If you can not and it bugs you that badly quit the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Thats a rather big leap dont you think.
    No, not when they say this. Maybe you don't frequent drawing communities, it's a pandemic for anyone who can draw at all.
    to get a piece of 3D art that other artists give for free all over the internet.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW