Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What will happen to the Flame-Watcher title ?

The title is given to players who kills 2000 (or at least, get 2000 death blows of) people on Timeless Isle while using the censer.
    When WoD will come live, the isle might trensform into a ghost isle where no one is here, despite it becoming cross server, I doubt many peoples will be there.

So, what do you think will happen to the title ? Will they remove it from the game ? Or will it just stay as it is even though it will be impossible to get it ? Or maybe they will make it so it's obtainable in another way ?
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2014-02-23 at 04:57 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They don't remove anything anymore you know that lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
    They don't remove anything anymore you know that lol
    Yeh, challenge mode gear proved it.

It wont be removed, but it will be impossible to get again. So think of it as like a "soft remove" I guess
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Yeh, challenge mode gear proved it.
    They will remove the vendors, but you will still keep the gear

My guess is they'll remove the 10 minute cooldown on kills. Otherwise it would be impossible to get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    By removing I mean, make it unavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    My guess is they'll remove the 10 minute cooldown on kills. Otherwise it would be impossible to get.
    Then peoples will just log on a friend account if chainkill its character, I doubt they really want that
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2014-02-23 at 07:50 PM.

Deleted
    All of Pandaria will become cross-realm, like all Cata, WotLK, TBC and classic zones. Only current expansion zones (Dreanor) wont be cross-realm.

I doubt they will change anything about it. They didn't change the requirements for the Halaa mounts. I'm sure you'll still see a few people on the island in WoD farming for the rare drops (novelty items, pets, mount, 'Gonna need a Bigger Bag' achievement)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    All of Pandaria will become cross-realm, like all Cata, WotLK, TBC and classic zones. Only current expansion zones (Dreanor) wont be cross-realm.
    I pointed it out.

Did the Halaa mounts get removed after Nagrand became a ghost town at the end of TBC? Did they remove the Didn't Stand a Chance achievement (kill 20 mounted players in Wintergrasp) after that became a virtual ghost town in Cataclysm?

They will leave it in... and it will just be harder to get due to the lack of people.

Edit: I love getting beaten to an example. *shakes fist at autopsy*

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isle of Q
    Molten Front
    Ice Crown Tourney area
    Isle of Giants
    Isle of Thunder

and when WoD arrives you can add Timeless to the DEAD ZONE.
    You cared enough to post.

Can't you use the other censer that doesn't give guarateed coins? The one that isn't limited to the isle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by autopsy View Post
    I doubt they will change anything about it. They didn't change the requirements for the Halaa mounts. I'm sure you'll still see a few people on the island in WoD farming for the rare drops (novelty items, pets, mount, 'Gonna need a Bigger Bag' achievement)
    I think TI will always have people on it based on this alone - the toys and achievements will keep at least a small population there.

Otherwise, going by the next closest thing (Halaa) I wouldn't expect them to remove it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Can't you use the other censer that doesn't give guarateed coins? The one that isn't limited to the isle.
    I didn't even thinked about this one, it might be extremely long but you can effectively get coins with the candle.

As others have said I imagine that it'll become like the Halaa mounts; annoying to do but still possible.

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't worth the bloody coin cost, at least not in terms of trying to get the mount, since it's something like 10% or so chance at getting a coin from a killing blow on a 90+ player. Probably not worth trying to get the title either with that item either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    The title is given to players who kills 2000 (or at least, get 2000 death blows of) people on Timeless Isle while using the censer.
    When WoD will come live, the isle might trensform into a ghost isle where no one is here, despite it becoming cross server, I doubt many peoples will be there.

So, what do you think will happen to the title ? Will they remove it from the game ? Or will it just stay as it is even though it will be impossible to get it ? Or maybe they will make it so it's obtainable in another way ?
    Why should they remove it? I'll probably still be working on it in WoD because I'm killing my friend and then he gets to kill me for each other's coin. It's gonna take a while. The killing blow business is what ruins the entire thing. Otherwise it could be fun.

I think someone calculated this just to the 500 kill acheivement.. and it came out to like 150k hks.

Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    Vendors are still there. They are removing the achievements and making them FoS

Deleted
    Halaa's talbuk is way easier and faster to get though.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Why should they remove it? I'll probably still be working on it in WoD because I'm killing my friend and then he gets to kill me for each other's coin. It's gonna take a while. The killing blow business is what ruins the entire thing. Otherwise it could be fun.
    Because the only ways to get it will be to abuse the system, like for exemple logging several chars on different accounts and killing them to get coins out of em.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2014-02-23 at 07:44 PM.