Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Ahem, too expensive and too late and...

I'm very disappointed for the first time in a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why anyone is complaining. They will probably do some sale on it again like twice last year, so its not a big deal. $50 isn't a big deal, if it ever tops triple A games of Canada ($65), that's when I am going to get angry.

Anyways, this is going to be a bit of a bitch for many players, however its your choice. Be smart, and be wise consumers. If you truly feel like the game isn't worth $50 + $15 per month, then don't partake in it. Blizzard will hear of it. If not, then enjoy the game.

To the whiners... Is WoW the ONLY thing you have going on in your life? If not, then stop crying and relax.. the game will come out when it's ready and unless you're a 12yo-whuuaa-mommy-give-me-candy, just chill and do something else for a while.... I assure you that you wont die or feel horrible, probably the opposite actually!

If WoW is the only thing you have going on in your life, then ... well.. shit.. call a hotline? :/

Give me one boost now and another at launch, that way I'd preorder and resub now. as it is I'll possibly maybe buy it this fall.

They said the want a fall release. They are just saying December to give themselves push room. I think they'll release before then.

Deleted
    On or BEFORE, people.

On. Or. BEFORE.

This feels like a big middle finger from Blizzard after the whole faster content thing, the infamous raid tier comment and them saying that not all the updated models might make it into release. Now they have the balls to say give us around $200 to stay subbed from 5.4 release to 6.0 release then pay us $40 for an expansion and $10 for your "free" boost. I have to say I've never been this disgusted with Blizzard before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Seriously...all the people bitching about unsubbing and being unsubbed...

If you have nothing to do in-game, then that's not exactly rocket science. You don't pay if you have no reason to play.

As for release date, I'm not fussed either way. I will keep playing as I am right now up until release. No drama, no bitching.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, ever heard of the term "subjective"?

Stop being such a little dweeb, let people play games they want and don't try to enforce YOUR views on us. To me, there are not tonnes of better games out there. If so, I'd probably already be playing them. WoW > all to me, and that's what subjectivity stands for.

I am letting people play whatever games they want! And judging my the uproar on this very forum it would seem a fair few aren't happy, and there is a tonne of brilliant games out there. FACT.

Stop trying to control people speaking up about your wonderful World of Warcraft..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post

Questions abound on a perfectly professional level. With supposed design savings per class, etc., what is taking so much development time? What on earth was Greg Street looking at when he compared progress? Good planning entails build-in: why did no one include holdover content if they foresaw such a far-off release? Did no one plan for this, instead? Did anyone consider how their strategy is conflicted and how their company's own interests are affected?

The only sensible response is to scratch your head over this at least a bit.
    It is always possible that G Streets leaving may have precipitated the rather lengthy period between last content and xpac release. It may be that some plans/ideas were scrapped after his departure, and they need to make up that time.

it certainly seemed to me that he was indicating around the new year that WoD wasn't that far off.

This delay is sadly entirely precedented. I still doubt it will launch right before the solstice, but it should be coming out shortly after the SUMMER solstice, not somewhere undetermined post-equinox.

This is a big deal, because MoP was never meant to stretch this long, and WoD is the lowest bar they have set for themselves yet. No new races, no new classes, the only redesign work is what they make of it, stripping out a ton of good abilities for some abstract principle... it's like a giant step backwards in some ways and baby steps forward in others.

Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    On or BEFORE, people.

On. Or. BEFORE.
    And? Its Fall 2014, so thats still 12 months to 15 months window after 5.4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    I'd prefer you liked Google, but for the sake of informing, here it is.
    Well you were originally intending to inform and left out a link to what you were looking at. Google is going to return massive amounts of data discussing what bunghole X thinks the release date is. I mean I know I can trust what you say w/o you pointing to the documentation you are discussing, Internet and all...
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

Deleted
    the prices are retarted both for d3 and wow expac's.
    Shame

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Blizzard really needs to add the option to stop subscription at times like these, it seems unfair people are forced to continue paying when there is no new content.

just unsub on your own (>.>)

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Activision Blizzard has announced World of Warcraft currently has 7.7 million subscribers, down from 8.3 million last quarter.

01:12IGN News - Warcraft Subscribers Continue to Fall
    This represents a loss of 600,000 subscribers in three months, and brings the number of people paying to play the game to its lowest figure since before the launch of the first expansion, The Burning Crusade, back in 2007.

05:54World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria - Video Review
    It marks a continued decline in the number of people playing the most successful MMORPG in the world; World of Warcraft had as many as 10 million subscribers when the most recent expansion, Mists of Pandaria, released last September and had more than 12 million at its peak in 2010.

Imagine what waiting till the fall will do ...........

Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    It is always possible that G Streets leaving may have precipitated the rather lengthy period between last content and xpac release. It may be that some plans/ideas were scrapped after his departure, and they need to make up that time.
    I'm wondering the same myself, anywhere from new management's learning curve to a change in direction.

I'll be pre-ordering tonight, and have high hopes for Warlords, but -- yeah.

With Blizzard lying to us about a faster expansion release, they're about to lose a lot of subscriptions. Even if it released in September, that's six straight months of absolutely no new content. Which means we will have spent a YEAR in SoO. Yeah sorry but that's just shitty on Blizz's part.

unsubscribed just now

Quote Originally Posted by WoRsT View Post
    unsubscribed just now
    As thousands more just resubscribed.

Beta is going to land before ESO is released. Expect massive info dumps leading up to its release.

are people this dense? Its the same thing as when online retailers price games way high before an actual price is announced. its just for safety sake. you REALLY think blizz is going to release a new expansion that late? something they have never done?

And price? 10bucks more than mists of pandera. and the retail collectors edition was 80 bucks. quite your bitching and get a damn job.