Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Guv View Post
    They remember early Cata healing and they not going put up with all the abuse again.
    The start of cata was amazing for healing... what are you talking about abuse... you mean CHALLENGING.
    Healing in mops boring, the smart heals are out of control. I quit healing in mop, fall asleep of bordem.
    They arnt going to what made cata challenging at the start, which was regen. they are making heals heal for less but your regen should be fine.
    Cata was You had small heals that sucked balls but you would have mana for a full fight compared to giant or fast heal that drains your mana, CHALLENGE lol.
    Only healing class that really sucks at the start of cata was priests (in heroics), which were unreal in 25 mans so it was a pretty good trade off for them.
    They said it would be the same challenge as the easy cata heroics... so if your guilds healers are scared of that then maybe they should go dps...

Other then the healing the rest of the expansion loots pretty good.

If your healers are complaining about having to deal with a new set or spells and what not, then I'm sorry to inform you but your healers are down right incompetent and terrible.

I must be one of the few people who enjoyed healing cata on my paladin, so I can't speak for other classes but it sounds like they are making it out to be the hardest thing in the world

10+ Year Old Account
    /shrug I got about 30 people on my roster that are really excited about WoD, and view it as them finally undoing their bad design decisions.

to each his own I guess

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sounds like first world problems.
    Finding time to complain about complaining (specifically in such a ragetastic way) kinda fits into that category too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Stop bitching. You don't like it, you don't play it.
    Would that be kind of like saying stop bitching, if you don't like a post just don't reply to it?

Unless you're going for world firsts, I don't know why the healers would be worried. This is a video game. They're supposed to be fun and exciting to play. Not the complete opposite. They need to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Lol.
    1) they only need it for random heroics
    2) they will be able to pass it unless they suck horribly

The only bad news here is that it doesn't require gold.
    fixed. /10charizards

10+ Year Old Account
    The negative is always louder than the positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Honestly, I hate this point of view more than anything.

When an expansion is free DLC, I will gladly test the changes before complaining about them. When it costs me $50 to 'test the changes,' with a risk of something I would not enjoy, then you can be DAMNED sure I'm not going to 'test the changes' before I voice concerns.
    Testing the changes will be free of charge in 6.0. SoO is getting retuned, stats and regen are being changed, all major ability revisions will be in.

Cata healing was bad because of going OOM, that's it. They've already said that won't be a problem.

If they are that scared, you are better off replacing them.
    There is plenty of information out there, which neither them nor you seem interested in reading.
    You won't have a tonne of new healing spells, maybe even similar numbers to what you have now or less.
    The proving grounds medal is only a requirement for random heroic dungeons, and won't be a barrier to organised guild raiding.
    Just sounds like a mountain being made out of a molehill, fuss for the sake of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

As a person who raids both disc and holy, I welcome the changes coming to WoD. Healing has gotten too easy and the outcome shows. Not many raid mechanics trigger a healer response other than dispels and the usual movement fights.

Being a healer is about being the backbone of your team, a position I readily accepted when I took up the mantle of raid healing. It isn't a free ride, it isn't a sit back and relax button spamming role. Its about quick-thinking, mana management and cooldown usage all in one.

In my guild the healer consensus is: impossible to tell impact until we get to test it. There's only so much words can tell you.

I think there is one unwritten agreement inside Blizz. One expansion pack ruled by the retards of Cataclysm, one expansion pack ruled by the guys of WotLK and MoP. WoD is time again for the bad developers of Early Cata. I hope WoD don't take as much time as Cata to have them expelled again from decisions.

I dream to see the day when people's definition of 'fun' in a game is trying your best to get better and complete it, it's what i've always enjoyed about games (unless the game is literally designed to be easy yet fun, like the South Park game, I had no problems with that and loved it) - Idk, the gaming playerbase nowadays is just depressing. Nobody wants to put time into anything anymore, sure some people don't have the time to complete certain things but the answer to that problem shouldn't be making everything accessible to everyone, it should be making more content for casual players without taking away from the players that actually want to get better.

I mean, I enjoy improving myself in games, and a big reason for that is it usually hones in a big reward at the end of the path - But nowadays I don't really get that much due to the fact that I can get pretty much the same reward doing something that requires much, MUCH less effort...

Regarding proving grounds. Funny story, i'm a heroic healer and it actually took me a good few attempts to get silver down tbh - I was getting incredibly frustrated, wondering "How the fuck can I clear all of the hc content, get high rated in arena, but not be able to get bloody silver?!". I calmed myself down and realized that if I just changed a few small things, it was incredibly easy. I blitz'd gold mode straight after getting silver and about 1-2 hours later I had completed endless 30, being the first on the realm to complete it despite earlier thinking that it was 'impossible' for my class; Turns out Mistweaver is one of the easier classes to do it on if you know what to do - I just didn't.

Seriously, what i'm trying to say is - Don't throw in the towel so damn soon with all this stuff. It's one of the things that really gets under my skin more than anything else, people that give up after 1-2 attempts and judging it 'too hard' or 'stupidly overtuned', this goes for real life scenarios as well. Fucking overtuned exam paper.

It's silver, you can do it. You have accomplished MUCH more difficult tasks in your life (like, cleaning the dishes), you can manage this too. Stop immediately calling stuff too hard and play the game not to succeed, but to get better. I have no doubt that if you just analyse your game play and think 'hmm, how can I improve'? rather than 'PFFT, FUCK THAT, BLIZZARD'S STUPID, THEY ONLY CATER TO THE ELITISTS NYAH' and head to the forums after like 3 attempts; you'll get it down within 30 minutes to an hour, maybe even less. If you don't have an hour to spend trying to get it down then I don't know what to say.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2014-03-12 at 06:01 PM.

Last night was very interesting on Team Speak. We were getting ready for our raid (25 man) and I was very surprised at how many people were very unhappy with all the announcements about WOD.

The healers were worried about having to pass the proving ground test and now are really worried about having to do it with an entirely new mix of spells. About half our healers said they were ready to give up and become DPS. They remember early Cata healing and they not going put up with all the abuse again.

Many folks were still grumbling about valor going away because they believe they have terrible luck with the RNG.

There was complaining about PVP changes (OK, there is always complaining about PVP).

But in general that attitude in the guild was very negative. There are a lot of people who are not looking forward WOD.

I think Blizzard has done a very poor job of getting people excited about WOD. And now with the announcement that WOD is likely to arrive in 4th quarter (and possibly LATE 4th quarter) people are even more unhappy. Several people ask "Why should I continue to play SOO (which we have basically beaten) for 6-8 months and then start WOD which seems like it is going to be painful. Maybe it is time for a WoW break".
    See I've never understood the hate at early cata healing, I was a resto shaman, and simply made sure I farmed the best gear possible from each tier of dungeon instead of trying to move on with minimum gear. Not only did I not get any abuse except for maybe 1 dungeon but I got recruited to a raid guild because of my good performance which I accepted because my raid guild was taking ages to get into the new expac. Also out healed people pretty regularly.

I disagree with the cast time changes and such however. Each class has its own feel to healing but if everything gets a cast time it'll be a pretty boring feeling, regardless of if they add mana constraints or whatever. Basically if they're going to add cast times to pretty much every ability they need the fight less dynamic (less burst damage) as well as allow people to be more either immobile or add avoidable damage. Whereas personally I think they could improve healing by simply getting rid of some smart heals which dont really need to be there, having something doing your job for you can be cool but not having it there would also allow your own healing to be relatively the same if not more powerful to make up for it.

One thing I will note, but if these changes (cast time) are for pvp isnt one of the main pvp healers druid? and they have less cast times imposed on them than other classes if I remember correctly?
    Last edited by mini98; 2014-03-12 at 06:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    You can trust me. I just flop around like a fish until I decide what I want to believe, then I tell people they are wrong for thinking some other way. It works for me.
    Words of wisdom if I have ever heard any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Lol.
    1) they only need it for random heroics
    2) they will be able to pass it unless they suck horribly

The only bad news here is the fall release. That's very late.
    Let's also remember that people will have 10....yes 10 levels to adapt to the new spells. It's not like you're going to have to do PG on the day of release. If the current model (of PG) is any indication, people who are able to raid effectively will be just fine.

It sounds like your guild is full of people who are afraid of new things because they're not sure they're good players.

25's would be the healers that could have problems since it is much easier to get carried. DPS, same thing in 25...Carryville.

My healers complained only because they hated Cata healing more than anything else in the game, they also threatened to go DPS if it is as painful of an experience.

We all now know why GC left. He saw this coming a mile away and wanted nothing to do with it. People like him don't just leave for a "good opportunity" this was his passion, his life.

WWGCD? Unsub.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

The healers were worried about having to pass the proving ground test
    They shouldn't be. Silver proving ground isn't hard. It requires some basic ability but that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The healers were worried about having to pass the proving ground test and now are really worried about having to do it with an entirely new mix of spells. About half our healers said they were ready to give up and become DPS. They remember early Cata healing and they not going put up with all the abuse again.
    Proving grounds silver requirement is only for using the LFD tool to que for heroic dungeons in WoD. Pre-mades don't have this requirement, nor does non-heroic dungeons nor LFR.

As for healing changes akin to Cata, it's still to early to tell how much healing will change till more information is reveal (probably through Beta/PTR). Honestly, it could be better than cata but no one outside of Blizzard currently knows.

Many folks were still grumbling about valor going away because they believe they have terrible luck with the RNG.
    Honestly, Valor doesn't do anything at this point in the current expansion except for upgrading gear by 8 ilvs. Would you rather have VP gear locked behind Reputation grinds? Additionally, the new gear mechanic where pieces of armor shift primary stats makes gearing a bit easier since gear drops are simplified. Granted because of secondary and tertiary stats, you will still be farming for "BiS" pieces and having different gear sets based on your specs.

I think Blizzard has done a very poor job of getting people excited about WOD. And now with the announcement that WOD is likely to arrive in 4th quarter (and possibly LATE 4th quarter) people are even more unhappy.
    I don't see you mentioning Garrisons or Draenor itself or even new character models as things to get excited about. As for a specific 4th quarter release, that hasn't been confirmed (nor denied) yet. All Blizzard has said was that the expansion would be release on or by Dec 2014. That means it could be released in the 3rd quarter and still be valid.

As for why continuing on SoO for 6~8 months more? Well I'll concede that it does seem like a long time but you've got guilds who want to build up to Mythic raiding and need to grow. Additionally, Blizzard has commented previously that they wanted people to have their legendary cloaks by the time they enter WoD. A freshly boosted 90 could use that time to grind through that questline. Using papernapkin math, I would estimate it takes about an average of 10~14 weeks to complete the legendary wrathion quest line with decent RNG. It's possible that could be shorter if you had amazing RNG or very much longer if you had bad RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Honestly, I hate this point of view more than anything.

When an expansion is free DLC, I will gladly test the changes before complaining about them. When it costs me $50 to 'test the changes,' with a risk of something I would not enjoy, then you can be DAMNED sure I'm not going to 'test the changes' before I voice concerns.
    Yeah cause we all pay for betas now. You don't know anything, so save yourself some caterwauling until you do.