Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Surely there's a better way to handle it.
    Of course but that would cost something.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Of course but that would cost something.
    Too much logic, stop being such a selfish customer. Have some respect, this is a place of worship.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladrek View Post
    Within the past couple hours blizzard nerfed Netherweave cloth drops and green drops from all BC raids and dungeons. An insane nerf it may be worth it to stockpile some because an entire Tempest keep run got me 0 cloth and greens down from several stacks and 10+ greens.

Seems like a temp fix to stop botters but will be messing with the AH, just wanted to warn people.
    Blizzard did this right before Mop released and I remember it clearly due to the incessant whining about it. If anything is messing with the AH it is players with zero understanding of basic economics and more importanly how the market on their realms work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Yeah its been reported on a few twitch streams also, its to stop bots apparently.
    The bots that farm certain instances are typically banned within hours of being reported. Again this change was made before Mop released and its intent was to make farming old content less profitable than running new content. It has nothing to do with bots. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Great way to battle bots. Glad to see their YEARS OF LEAVING THEM ALONE AND STUDYING THEM finally paid off: nerf netherweave and bc greens drops for EVERYONE. That will stop the bots
    Not like it's hard to come by outside of the farming spot. And BC greens? How many care about them? If the best place to farm becomes an outside area then bots will be camped by real players and the risk won't be worth it for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Also it is not unusual for Blizzard to "skip" announcing hotfixes to material drops that have been made on account of botting.

I just wish that they would assign a few Customer Service people to go in and select masses of people for permabans in real time whenever these beehives of automation are taking place.
    This isn't a customer support issue. Any reports about bots or exploiting are routed directly through to an entirely different team which is why right click reporting them is more important than ever as that new system attaches logs and any other relevant information to speed up their investigations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    It **IS** genuinely easy to identify automation in real time. But I'm not going to start on that now.
    Of course not because as usual you are talking out of your ass. Blizzard doesn't need to watch bots as their logs tell them far more than any player ever could.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    There's an excellent chance that professions will be in a very different place after garrisons mature a bit. Anyone that wants to will have a greater degree of self-sufficiency with regard to professions than ever before. Which will be bad for those who enjoy playing the professions game as it now stands.
    Blizzard has already confirmed multiple times that garrions won't give players full access to all professions.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is insane. From what I recall, when I was leveling toons in the BC zones, running dungeons, greens dropped like nobodies business. But now they are scarce.

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    It seems like a case of noone ever being happy with what happens.

Player 1: "BLIZZARD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE BOTS"

Blizzard removes Bots primary source of Botting.

Player 2: "OMFG BLIZZARD YOU RUINED MY GAME JUST TO STOP SOME BOTTERS!"

People are never happy.
    The only response you are going to get to this is "it isn't the same people complaining" and 9 times out of 10 those who say that are the ones who complain about everything no matter how contradictory.

Case in point, most of the people who whined incessantly about cross realm zones and how they aren't a solution to low pop realms (when that was never the intent) and claimed to not have an issue with people in their mmo but wanted their realms merged started complaining once again about people in their mmo when their realms were connected with others.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2014-05-02 at 12:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care too much for the greens (though they did give some gold), but it'll be really disappointing to see the entire Cloth market increase dramatically, if it wasn't just Netherweave Cloth that was affected. If it's just for Netherweave, I'm not too concerned as it was easily the fastest Cloth to farm. I have stacks of it in my bank just from leveling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    If you are farming Nether weave cloth and BC greens for gold you're doing it wrong.
    On my last server, Netherweave Bags were going for up to 40g each, and BC greens went for quite a bit for Transmog.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It could have just been really really bad luck...

nope it's real. i did a full clear of kara and ssc.

3 greens. 2 pieces of cloth. not stacks. 2 pieces.

Why does anyone, including Blizzard, care that botters are selling netherweave obtained in instances?

Sincere question.

It seems like confining them to instances is the best for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    There's an excellent chance that professions will be in a very different place after garrisons mature a bit. Anyone that wants to will have a greater degree of self-sufficiency with regard to professions than ever before. Which will be bad for those who enjoy playing the professions game as it now stands.
    Honestly I'm not holding my breath. They've been really conservative about professions mostly because they probably don't see a way to make them a compelling, non-grindy yet not-too-mandatory aspect of WOW. As it stands now all professions do is give you combat perks - most the crafts are completely useless, excepting the consumables/gems. It's going to need a massive overhaul to bring them in line with today's wow and I bet you that's not gonna happen for Warlords. WoD may make the acquirements of mats easier I expect, with the garrisons (pure speculation on my part ofc), but that's all I'm expecting to see. We'd have heard serious announcements if there was any significant changes to professions by now too.

So I'm not holding my breath. Hoping! (though I can't even imagine myself play WoW anymore (I still feel very much connected to MMO and the game and I care deeply!)).

Okay, this bites a little. Netherweave Bags are part of the kit The Watch gives out when we (increasingly rarely) find someone new to WoW or the server(s)....

Farming BC dungeons has long been a source of good money in-game. Even at 80, it could be done easily. I remember doing so years ago and I got roughly 150g per run of Shadow Labs from vendoring everything except cloth and the cloth I used to make Netherweave bags for 20g a pop.

Shame it took them several years to finally address that issue.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Tristaris View Post
    I'd almost bet they have nerfed it after some websites which I wont mention the name of mentioned seeing 20-40 + 90 druids all farming the same places for hours on end.
    this really exploded with the instant 90 boost feature and became noticeable

i have seen this too when using social to see who is in what BC raids and on extreme high pop servers i would see from 9 to 15+ druids or hunters usually with all no sense names like hunasfll, hunasdkl, hunasdlll, hunasdlh etc. or the players have similar names but loaded with asci letters to prevent reporting.

appears to me that gold sellers actually pay to play WOW and farm the gold they sell.

blizz also need to start enforcing their own rules on jibberish (their term) names

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Blizzard did this right before Mop released and I remember it clearly due to the incessant whining about it. If anything is messing with the AH it is players with zero understanding of basic economics and more importanly how the market on their realms work.
    this was done recently, because i have been running several 70's for gear in near all BC raids, in kara, BT hyjal, our bags would fill up 2-3 times. i ran a 70 hunter last night thru kara for gear, and our bags never filled, we got 3 greens, and less than one stack NW, other vendor trash was nerfed too.

in weeks prior helping a 70 grind rep in hyjal raid to get a exalted twink ring, we were getting 16+ stacks of NW a run

the hunter i ran thru kara commented he was on a BT run for gear, and that BT barely dropped nothing in gems, greens, and cloth compared to weeks before.

i myself and the 70's i run thru BC raids, are running for specific gear/drops. many of the 70's pass on everything, and i end up usually having to stop looting due to bags being full, most was getting vendored, including greens. the nerf means nothing to me since the BC raids are not my way of making gold

Well, seeing how Netherweave Bags are pretty much the baseline for anyone's alt due to being the best bag you can make with just cloth (as opposed to cloth + enchant mats) this is going to inflate the hell out of the market.

Can we like, get a baseline cheapie 22-slot bag that uses Windwool or something?

For the bots?!?!?! Come on, peel the onion back another layer. Blizzard wants you to pay for the character upgrade whether you want to or not before WOD by making the leveling of professions very difficult.

Doing TBC content for greens has been one of my favorite things to do in this game for a while. Thanks, Bliz.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    It seems like a case of noone ever being happy with what happens.

Player 1: "BLIZZARD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE BOTS"

Blizzard removes Bots primary source of Botting.

Player 2: "OMFG BLIZZARD YOU RUINED MY GAME JUST TO STOP SOME BOTTERS!"

People are never happy.
    Bots typically don't run instances to farm mats. Given the 5 per hour cap.

They take over an area for cloth like the Valley in Northrend, the dwarfs in Deepholm etc. and sit there for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    appears to me that gold sellers actually pay to play WOW and farm the gold they sell.
    They use use stolen credit card numbers.