Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do any old Hunters remember...

...the days when we had to fill our bags with ammo and curse when you ran out during a boss?
    How times change eh!

those were the days! idc what anyone says I loved having ammo, quivers, etc. made the game more immersive even if it was a pita at times.

Absolutely worthy of thread too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm unsure about yall but I also remember having to go into viper aspect to get my mana back too! Quivers used to give attack speed too! RIP quivers

Deleted
    yeah, and it sucked.
    i remember running out of ammo in naxx because i forgot to stock up, and not mentioning it to the raid until after the fight >.>

of course we remember and it brings back nightmares. i think it was something to do with kara rep that allowed you to buy better arrows with like +4 damage or something, lol.

glad that's over

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, the wonderful memories of running out of ammo, I was so bad at remembering that I would normally just learn fights as both melee and ranged dps.

anyone else remember when pets of the same type had different stats i.e. that wolf with arrow sticking out?

Quote Originally Posted by Scottisch View Post
    ...the days when we had to fill our bags with ammo and curse when you ran out during a boss?
    How times change eh!
    As a hunter. . . I've ran out of arrows in mid raids/boss and to this day I still have to check my weapon durability so it doesn't break in mid boss pulls. . . It has happened to me and I'm ashamed (a couple times I got Jeeves down from a guildy, repaired, and went back to business).

The goold ol' days. . . At least before MoP, you could melee attack. . .

I don't remember running out of ammo during raids in vanilla, and I can't imagine having had bagspace for more ammo than would fit in my quiver/ammo pouch... I suppose the old aimed shot casts helped a lot in that respect.

I do remember naming a pet Suvi after our main tank and guild master, and when the pet died CT Raid Assist would spam TANK SUVI HAS DIED in the middle of everyone's screen. That was fun. He wouldn't let me bring the pet anymore after that...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    Lol yeah it was fun but still annoying. At low levels it was fun, high levels, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Spalding View Post
    I'm unsure about yall but I also remember having to go into viper aspect to get my mana back too! Quivers used to give attack speed too! RIP quivers
    That's so modern. We used to feign death and drink in the middle of a fight.

hated it, but I made sure to buy plenty of it.

I just realized that it was on my warrior that I had this problem. tanks with shotguns, I actually miss having a gun.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2014-06-11 at 10:27 PM.

Ammo isn't old. Old is remembering having to tame specific pets for specific abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    That's so modern. We used to feign death and drink in the middle of a fight.
    Do you remember when feign death actually killed you if you feigned until the timer ended

I still have a couple of stacks of Sharp Arrows in a bank tab somewhere

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Absolutely worthy of thread too.
    Oh go get more amber thrown on your melee group you great big sourpuss, with love your biggest rogue fan.

I miss doing this on my hunter I still find the whole pulling arrows out of thin air stuff quite jarring. Same with rogue poisons no longer being actual items and just scratch and sniff/rub things in our spell books it seems.

Deleted
    Remember when you had to keep your pet happy through food unless it would get pissed at you and leave eventually?

Also, Rhok'delar..regret not ever being able to get it..

Quote Originally Posted by pippen1001 View Post
    Do you remember when feign death actually killed you if you feigned until the timer ended
    A guildy of mine discovered that at some point, I never felt the need to repeat the experiment, though it was a serious risk in wipe-recovery. I think I was summoned from under Garr once

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when I couldn't pull because I ran out of ammo on my warrior when tanking and had to hearth out to get more. And also when I couldn't figure out wtf "Ammo needs to be in the paper doll ammo slot" meant. Still have multiple stacks of grey ammo, lol.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy