Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Genestealers better be able to rip through that armor in seconds if you are not carefull.
    I hope they put in time on the AI, Genestealers is highly adaptive to tactics and can grow new weapons to deal with new threats for example like all other nids, so i hope they are not just mindless enemies that are to easy to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I hope they put in time on the AI, Genestealers is highly adaptive to tactics and can grow new weapons to deal with new threats for example like all other nids, so i hope they are not just mindless enemies that are to easy to kill.
    I thought it were only Ymgarls that could do that.

Hope we will see them though, those are some scary bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I thought it were only Ymgarls that could do that.

Hope we will see them though, those are some scary bastards.
    That could be true, and yes i hope we see them to they look so badass. Wonder if it's only genestealers or maby there is some Chaos and/or orks to, Space Hulks is freaking huge. Well probably not orks if they want to keep a scary/horror feeling to it as they are in general hilarious to read about.

The Ymgarl Genestealer is truly unique because it possesses the ability to alter its own flesh to react to incoming attacks or to change its colour like a chameleon so that it can blend into its surroundings and remain unseen until it escapes or attacks. Its claw-tipped fingers can suddenly elongate and fuse together to form curved blades and barbed hooks or split apart into tentacles of sinewy alien flesh to slash or entangle those victims who try to escape. Under assault its chitinous carapaces can thicken and help its leathery hide absorb the energy of incoming melee or ranged assaults. Some Imperial observers who have had contact with this creature have even reported this strain of Genestealer's ability to change the colour of their skins, so as to better go undetected in the darkness of night or other extreme light conditions.

So yeah i guess you where right.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2014-05-24 at 05:56 PM.

Here's today's new trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNT8LQnImiI

Keep in mind: This is In engine footage, NOT actual game footage. Don't expect ammo shells to be falling onto a bloody floor and nice, gun smoke particle effects happening all the time, because it won't. Also, I absolutely guarantee you the the actual vanilla models and textures don't look anywhere near as good as what you will see in the trailer. Someone at the company apparently decided to stretch the definition of "in game footage" a bit too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Here's today's new trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNT8LQnImiI

Keep in mind: This is In engine footage, NOT actual game footage. Don't expect ammo shells to be falling onto a bloody floor and nice, gun smoke particle effects happening all the time, because it won't. Also, I absolutely guarantee you the the actual vanilla models and textures don't look anywhere near as good as what you will see in the trailer. Someone at the company apparently decided to stretch the definition of "in game footage" a bit too far.
    Damn that was a badass trailer, got me all hyped. Now we wait for some gameplay and i cant wait to see some coop action.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Deleted
    Pointless trailer.

in game engine as in cg cut-scene movie thing showing nothing of the game. rock paper scissors ain't overwhelmed.

The weapon selection for a squad of 4 terminators is a bit worrying. SPecially if they are fighting tyranids. No flamer? Only 1 reaper cannon and 3 storm bolters coupled with power fists?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    The weapon selection for a squad of 4 terminators is a bit worrying. SPecially if they are fighting tyranids. No flamer? Only 1 reaper cannon and 3 storm bolters coupled with power fists?
    Would like to see some storm shields and maces and flails to like the Deathwing elite ranks have. And the game will feature some rpg elements so maby there is a upgrade system or something.

There will also be a Librarian so there will be psychic powers as well.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2014-06-28 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Would like to see some storm shields and maces and flails to like the Deathwing elite ranks have. And the game will feature some rpg elements so maby there is a upgrade system or something.

There will also be a Librarian so there will be psychic powers as well.
    They are terminators they dont need storm shields, thats what they are. One thing iv seen at least when reading any of the books dealing with tyranids is flamers are always a must as well as reaper cannons which they have one of, but id think some chainweapons would go much better than just plain powerfists. Though in the 4rth pic it looks like one of them have a plasma cannon. But in the third pic he has a combi bolter? Which is odd since the they havnt been used since the heresy and only traitor legions still employ thier use.

They are terminators they dont need storm shields, thats what they are.
    True it's mostly effective against range fire not against genestealers, would still be cool though as they are pretty iconic for Deathwing with things like halberd of caliban and other power weapons. But i agree that they need atleast one flamer and i think i spot a vengeance assault cannon also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pain...
    Agony...
    My hatred burns... IN SPACE!

Finally watched the trailer and facepalmed when bolters had shells coming out of the guns....

Finally watched the trailer and facepalmed when bolters had shells coming out of the guns....
    IK,R?

/10 char

Yeah, that's a pretty massive fail.

Deleted
    I came for a picture of a Hulk/Deathwing hybrid in space... now i´m disappointed

Deathwing Command Squads are only supposed to take 1 heavy weapon, which can be a Heavy Flamer, Plasma Cannon or Assault Cannon (the Reaper is an early variant used by the traitor legions). Curiously one of the pictures shows two heavy weapons 'though I have no idea if it represents an in-game loadout. Of those I'd choose the flamer last as I'd prefer the advantage or range, although in a space hulk that advantage is seriously diminished.

They are terminators they dont need storm shields, thats what they are. One thing iv seen at least when reading any of the books dealing with tyranids is flamers are always a must as well as reaper cannons which they have one of, but id think some chainweapons would go much better than just plain powerfists. Though in the 4rth pic it looks like one of them have a plasma cannon. But in the third pic he has a combi bolter? Which is odd since the they havnt been used since the heresy and only traitor legions still employ thier use.
    Genestealers can rip through Terminator Armour like paper so Storm Shields are very useful, the problem is they almost invariably come coupled with a Thunder Hammer which means you'll be relying on close-combat which is rarely a good plan against 'stealers (or in FPS games).

Chainfists were developed to cut through bulkheads on space hulks which would be an awesome mechanic but I doubt the game will let you carve your own path, and against Genestealers they're no more or less effective than a Power Fist.

I think the combi-bolter might just be an alternative skin for the Storm-Bolter, possibly an earlier (or later) model or an option you get to change.

Bolt shells usually have a case containing a small amount of charge to force the shell out of the bolter's barrel. The ones in the video do look far too thin, bolt-shell casings are usually as long as they are wide. The guns also sound a bit too much like machine-guns rather than automatic mini-RPG launchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Bolt shells usually have a case containing a small amount of charge to force the shell out of the bolter's barrel. The ones in the video do look far too thin, bolt-shell casings are usually as long as they are wide. The guns also sound a bit too much like machine-guns rather than automatic mini-RPG launchers.
    Yeah; they also don't feel like they are packing a 'punch' or produce that much impact/force. It's slightly underwhelming. Still, looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Deathwing Command Squads are only supposed to take 1 heavy weapon, which can be a Heavy Flamer, Plasma Cannon or Assault Cannon (the Reaper is an early variant used by the traitor legions). Curiously one of the pictures shows two heavy weapons 'though I have no idea if it represents an in-game loadout. Of those I'd choose the flamer last as I'd prefer the advantage or range, although in a space hulk that advantage is seriously diminished.

Genestealers can rip through Terminator Armour like paper so Storm Shields are very useful, the problem is they almost invariably come coupled with a Thunder Hammer which means you'll be relying on close-combat which is rarely a good plan against 'stealers (or in FPS games).

Chainfists were developed to cut through bulkheads on space hulks which would be an awesome mechanic but I doubt the game will let you carve your own path, and against Genestealers they're no more or less effective than a Power Fist.

I think the combi-bolter might just be an alternative skin for the Storm-Bolter, possibly an earlier (or later) model or an option you get to change.

The bolter has been a thing of contriversy when it comes to its shells, ALot of careless writers put in the shellcasings but when it comes down to official rulling iv always seen its one solid minirocket with no shell casing, its just a peice of weapons design that people by habit include without thinking.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Bolter

Scroll to the bottom.

And yes the chainfist would be awsome but i to doubt they will use it. Iv always bee partial to the cool ass chain weaponry and was very saddened when the manreaper was limited to just the deathguard. But as for the heavy weapons i would most def go with a flamer in a space hulk.

Have you guys tried Space Hulk on steam?

Even has dlc with space wolves and extra missions.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Have you guys tried Space Hulk on steam?

Even has dlc with space wolves and extra missions.
    Nope. Is it any good? I do enjoy a good strategy game from time to time...