View Poll Results: Are you happy about this change?

Voters
3783. This poll is closed
  • Yes! I don't care where I hang around as long as there are portals!

912 24.11%
  • No! I was really looking forward to Karabor/Bladespire as my faction hub.

2,871 75.89%
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Rage more. Because honestly, its just showing your own lack of a solid argument when you're resorting to screaming and shouting and insulting people.
    Dude...he's typing on a forum, not screaming and shouting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Its actually not hard to put her on ignore. She has Monara avatar, I bet she will find lots of interesting things to do with herself.
    People still quote her. It's not like you'll not see what she writes or the unnecessary responses to her.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedetasticGames View Post
    Help me find the forum mods, will ya? This person needs to GTFO out of this thread already... *YET AGAIN MODS, FEEL FREE TO INFRACT ME WHENEVER, WHICH YOU STILL HAVE NOT DONE!*
    But... I'm talking about Karabor and Bladespire? This is the topic yes? It's even a poll if you in favor and not in favor of their decision.

Everything is on topic

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I'm so infuriated readin tens of thousands of posts of absolute garbage.

I'm sorry but seriously here are the facts as they stand right now.

~ Karabor is an Allaince only Hub
    ~ BladeSpire is a Horde only Hub
    ~ You Can bind your hearthstones into each Hub
    ~ You and hundreds of karabor fans can EASILY make /karabortrade and Bind your hearthstones in Karabor and live In Karabor
    ~ There are quests inside both
    ~ They are the Capitals of the Draenei and Frostwolves and thus open to future content

What they do not have
    ~ A Stormwind / Org Portal
    ~ A transmog Vendor
    ~ A bank

Stop being so childish about something that is so insignificant it is not your game, It is their vision and story that is going to unfold for the game. It is insignificant that yours is different.

The equivalent to what everyone is doing is throwing a temper tantrum that children do in Wal-Mart because their parents will not buy them the latest toy, Sadly threats and hostile crusades trying to tell developers how to direct their story of their TWENTY year old franchise is as hilarious as it is selfish.

No reason they provide is good enough. This is not gameplay design where you can pander for additional dulled content because your money entitles you to see the story.

This is the story itself and how it's going to unfold. You are not the creative directors of this game. Grow up
    You should be a Blizzard Dev with that whole smug and inane comment you wasted time writing.

But... I'm talking about Karabor and Bladespire? This is the topic yes? It's even a poll if you in favor and not in favor of their decision.

Everything is on topic
    You're spending unhealthy amounts of time dedicated to this thread, you need to be pushed off it for your own good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    Temple of the Jade Serpent has an inn and acts as a quest hub. Guess what, people don't hang out there due to lack of capital city amenities. It's going to end up being the same with Bladespire and and Karabor. Might see the occasional explorer, but nothing on the scale of say Shrine/Stormwind.

Also, yes, this isn't the players' game to design, but it is their game to play. If those players are fed up with only being given generic Human and Orc architecture, they should rightly be upset that's no longer what they want due to being bored with it.

The reaction from the community is not at all similar to a child throwing a tantrum in a store. It's more akin to being angry at our favorite restaurant, known for innovative dishes for many years deciding to only produce bland, uninteresting dishes for its customers quite suddenly.
    Temple of the Jade serpent is a hostile environment periodically filled with sha and little more then a peaceful building or 2.

Karabor however is a city the scope of stormwind with....... some phasing and battles but for the most part tranquil and un hostile. So binding your hearth to Karabor is not the same thing because it's actually a peaceful hangout and not hostile.

Also maybe as a result your major hubs on Faralohn will be completely Draenic design. Alot of the quest hubs you come across are already Draenic design but since Karabor is so important to the story other than having a mailbox and an expansion with and unknown future but filled with villans that desire their deaths above all else. It certainly is one of the #1 priorities of the Sargerai and the Burning Legion.

Lets not sacrifice these locations future for the sake of Trade Chat and a portal.

If this is such a big deal. Buy a cloak to stormwind, or very likely you will have items that take you to garrison or ashran which lets you freely Bind at karabor.

Get a cloak and associated teleport items
    Buy a yak transmog vendor
    and get a bank access pet

Then Karabor can be the a city molded just for the player by the player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Warrior View Post
    You're spending unhealthy amounts of time dedicated to this thread, you need to be pushed off it for your own good.
    I'm quite alright. If only to be the voice of reason from Blizzard that is drowned out in a tide of hate and malice. I'm no stranger to standing alone on my opinions.

Just because I'm the minority does not mean I am wrong. No matter how loud everyone gets.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2014-06-29 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    Tell me then, what exactly is the purpose of BlizzCon for WoW fans and what value is it for $200 per person plus travel, lodging, and nourishment expenses ... if anything and everything you hear and see should be taken with a grain of salt? Why get excited or care about anything they say? Why give them your money for the event or god forbid pay for the dinner? If all they are doing is telling you awesome things to blow smoke up your ass and keep you on your endorphin high only to fall through on -so many- of the things they presented ... why would you listen to anything they say until it is in game, because screenshots and videos also mean nothing, their word means nothing.
    Dude, I got the exact same information as anyone who went to Blizzcon and I didn't spend a dime. People don't buy tickets to Blizzcon for the information, they buy it for the live atmosphere and the entertainment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathbyFrostBomb73 View Post
    You should be a Blizzard Dev with that whole smug and inane comment you wasted time writing.

She is not a Blizzard Dev however, and until we get an official response, nothing she says holds any real ground, you all need to realize that.

Deleted
    If only to be the voice of reason from Blizzard that is drowned out in a tide of hate and malice.
    Are you alright? Since when you are from Blizzard?

I actually feel kinda sad for Lore. If he wasn't employed by Blizzard I can imagine him saying something quite different about the topic in the weekly marmot.

Temple of the Jade serpent is a hostile environment periodically filled with sha and little more then a peaceful building or 2.

Karabor however is a city the scope of stormwind with....... some phasing and battles but for the most part tranquil and un hostile. So binding your hearth to Karabor is not the same thing because it's actually a peaceful hangout and not hostile.

Also maybe as a result your major hubs on Faralohn will be completely Draenic design. Alot of the quest hubs you come across are already Draenic design but since Karabor is so important to the story other than having a mailbox and an expansion with and unknown future but filled with villans that desire their deaths above all else. It certainly is one of the #1 priorities of the Sargerai and the Burning Legion.

Lets not sacrifice these locations future for the sake of Trade Chat and a portal.

If this is such a big deal. Buy a cloak to stormwind, or very likely you will have items that take you to garrison or ashran which lets you freely Bind at karabor.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm quite alright. If only to be the voice of reason from Blizzard that is drowned out in a tide of hate and malice. I'm no stranger to standing alone on my opinions.

Just because I'm the minority does not mean I am wrong. No matter how loud everyone gets.
    By that logic Ashran is an awful place to put a hub since the enemy faction could make the place quite unfriendly! Also, the place where the inn is in Jade Serpent doesn't actually have any Sha in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimtide View Post
    I actually feel kinda sad for Lore. If he wasn't employed by Blizzard I can imagine him saying something quite different about the topic in the weekly marmot.
    Quite likely would be the case.

- - - Updated - - -

We are on opposite sides of this conflict...but..i concede a point, you are part of the minority and that does not mean you're wrong...but it also doesn't mean that we are wrong...Warcraft is blizzard's story to tell, but a story is worthless without someone to hear it. In this regard we are and should be important to them, it does not mean we have full rights to make them design this game however we want, but we do have the right to have our opinions heard and considered...even if it changes nothing, they will at least see that even among the madness and rage, we are all passionate about something they've created...and maybe they'll be more mindful of their direction in the future....The story of warcraft cannot exist without a story-teller or an audience, we need one another...them to tell us a story we like, and us to be entertained, if we don't like the story, maybe they should change it...or find a different audience.

The thing is, while its not our game to design, and blizz can do whatever. as a business if they do something that gives this kinda of negative reaction then it would be a wise business decision to reconsider it. esp when its as easy as having a few portals, vendors and trade chat in kara/blade. Or if there is a future story/lore reason why they prob need to share it now even if its at the cost of a surprise plot twist.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Auberjean View Post
    History repeats itself I hear
    Sadly in a bad way. In MoP, they REALLY wanted us to PvP, even devoting an entire tier (sometimes more than one tier) of EVERY CLASS'S TALENTS to a CC-only tier, even. They even said MoP was going to be THE PvP expansion; the war between Horde and Alliance will expand. Joke's on them because we worked together to take down Garrosh and there was extremely little PvP to be had. -_-;

Now in WoD, they said that we'll be too busy defending ourselves to bother with the other faction (hence why we don't get giant cities) and yet they're pushing PvP by putting our bases in the Forced PvP zone. Fucking oxymorons on both expansions.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimtide View Post
    Absolutely. I feel bad for the community managers in general. I think they are forced to present an opinion that is not their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Sadly in a bad way. In MoP, they REALLY wanted us to PvP, even devoting an entire tier (sometimes more than one tier) of EVERY CLASS'S TALENTS to a CC-only tier, even. They even said MoP was going to be THE PvP expansion; the war between Horde and Alliance will expand. Joke's on them because we worked together to take down Garrosh and there was extremely little PvP to be had. -_-;

Now in WoD, they said that we'll be too busy defending ourselves to bother with the other faction (hence why we don't get giant cities) and yet they're pushing PvP by putting our bases in the Forced PvP zone. Fucking oxymorons on both expansions.
    The "pvp" tiers are actually the CC tiers and they are integral to the game to heroic raiding.

Mass death grips as an example were core to a large number of fights this expansion. Off the top of my Head Heroic Lei Shen.

anaxie is still at it, trying to earn her bucks from Blizzard.

Taking Karabor/Bladespire away cannot be defended. I can understand people not caring, but to actually see people claiming it's a good move is pretty disturbing
    The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahaha that recent tweet from Lore!

Look, i haven't picked any sides on this debate nor do i intend to with the following comment, but that tweet just further buries Blizzzard rep.

What i understand, as an average joe, from what he just said is: so let me get this straight, Blizzard made an announcement during Blizzcon and now you're telling the playerbase that no work has been done to actually make that news reality?

Deleted
    had to log into this account for the first time in a looong time, just to state my huge disappointment as well. I am really not liking the whole garrison being mandatory (i like to have choices, not having shoved something down my throat), and Karabor was actually kinda the thing that made me wanna stay for WoD. I main Draenei, so obviously I was excited about it.

I have to agree with everyone else, that even tho you can still hearth in Karabor, it will never be the same. People will afk/find pugs/trade where the AH, portals and banks are at. And sadly, that won't be Karabor it seems. Hopefully tho, Blizzard will realise this is something a lot of us were really looking forward to, and maybe compromise, and put said things in both hubs ! *crosses fingers*

10+ Year Old Account
    Been getting a 500 Internal server error on a lot of the official wow forum pages, anyone else?

This is only slightly related, since I cant get on the wow forum shared topic posts

I don't think it is on purpose though