Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Wod duel balance

I play moonkin and two classes seem to be really broken.

Retribution and rogues are impossible to beat as moonkin. I cant cast anything else than instants because continuous interrupting and retri is impossible to keep far and damage is too much. Since only damage i can do is moonfire and starsurge, I cant do any real damage.

Actually any melee is impossible to beat. Balance druid needs instant roots and cc like mage to be viable dueling class.
    Last edited by mmoc2953fddf04; 2014-07-10 at 11:23 AM.

Deleted
    Duel "balance" (on flat open ground, no less) doesn't matter, and should never be factored into PvP balancing decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Retriavenger View Post
    Balance druid needs instant roots
    Nature's grasp. Now go quickly young chicken, win them duels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Nature's grasp. Now go quickly young chicken, win them duels.
    Removed in wod

Am I just fucking horrible player or is boomkin actually really so bad in duels against melee?

Removed in wod

Am I just fucking horrible player or is boomkin actually really so bad in duels against melee?
    Should fucking be.

Boomkin isn't that bad in duels, you can heal forever if you just CC and run away. Melee is pretty weak against boomkins in general, with the exception of WW Monks who stomp everything in duels.

But duels aren't important, nor should they ever be balanced for. They're a way to waste time or practice certain things, and that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz doesn't give a shit about 1v1, deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Boomkin isn't that bad in duels, you can heal forever if you just CC and run away. Melee is pretty weak against boomkins in general, with the exception of WW Monks who stomp everything in duels.

But duels aren't important, nor should they ever be balanced for. They're a way to waste time or practice certain things, and that's about it.
    Problem is that I cant run way or I can but I cant stop to cast heals and its just delaying the inevitable since rejuvenation is weak heal and melee can catch up pretty fast. I cant damage at all because casting against melee is useless.

I cant cast anything else than instants because continuous interrupting
    What is this sorcery you speak of?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quitefrankly View Post
    What is this sorcery you speak of?
    Y'know, them constant interrupts on 15 second CD. Four interrupts per minute is clearly constant!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Fake-casting to bait their interrupts is something that exists.

Also, blizz won't ever balance pvp for 1v1, heck they barely do it for 2v2...

Download InterruptBar2, learn to fake-cast, and you'll be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, what? Did I just enter the right thread? Balance is next to Feral and Windwalker when it comes to the most overpowered 1v1 specializations.

Retribution's one of the easier melee to deal with, and Rogue's aren't that hard either. Just duel both of the classes and play and play and play to learn how to counter them.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Blizz doesn't give a shit about 1v1, deal with it.
    Pretty much this. There's so much rock/paper/scissors shit to deal with in 1v1 with the amount of possible class/spec combinations.

Also, to be fair, I think a lot of CC for various classes is getting cut in WoD. Which is a good thing, because CC is ridiculous in the current game.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-07-10 at 02:41 PM.

So (even tho they are not underpowered at all) you think blizz should give you the tools to beat ret/rogue outright?
    How would that be fair to those specs what should they get to counter you?
    TLDR 1v1 lol
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted

Retribution and rogues are impossible to beat as moonkin. I cant cast anything else than instants because continuous interrupting and retri is impossible to keep far and damage is too much. Since only damage i can do is moonfire and starsurge, I cant do any real damage.

Actually any melee is impossible to beat. Balance druid needs instant roots and cc like mage to be viable dueling class.
    If 1v1 is something you really like to do, moonkin is a bad choice, as bad a choice as elemental shaman - another class that is totally locked down by melee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post

Until you meet people in bgs or wpvp that completely own the shit out of you due to their class mechanics greatly favoring 1v1 pvp while yours are mostly meant for group pvp. Yes, getting camped in wpvp at daily quest locations by some idiot who plays a class that happens to counter yours, or being powerless in wpvp against a certain class, is really a waste of time.

Are you even playing on a pvp server by any chance?

Personally, I always prefer playing classes that are good at 1v1. Imo, that's the pvp that truly matters, when you can best someone in a fair fight, not when you're part of zerg doing zergy things to another zerg, or when you have 2 people cc-ing for you and healing you so you do damage unhindered and unopposed.

Also, you must be fighting terribads as moonkin, outgearing them or you're simply just owning them in battlegrounds. I play 4 classes for pvp and was never beaten by a moonkin in 1v1, that would be embarrassing.

- - - Updated - - -

So what you want is a mage...
    Last edited by mmoc877584f10c; 2014-07-10 at 04:54 PM.

Ive watched moonkins duel melee. You're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    moonkin is a derp spec that shouldn't have been made viable in the first place and now you complain about not beating ROGUES? wtf is this real life

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    moonkin is a derp spec that shouldn't have been made viable in the first place and now you complain about not beating ROGUES? wtf is this real life
    Well it's more of a PVE spec. :P

Streaming Balance druids seem to be doing fine on pvp. Are you using treants? Are you using Typhoon? Are you vortex-ing, silencing? Are you specced DB?