Poll: Should the new female Draenei model be changed?

Page 14 of 100 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Poor communication would be my guess.
    The same way Sargeras ended up being the one who corrupted the eredar and not the other way around.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor communication would be my guess.
    I would require every one of my artists to read the books that are considered canon in order to make accurate representations of my lore in game.

It's like letting a dude that has never read lord of the rings design stuff for the movie.

Well then I'll have to accept the change in eye color, since it's likely not going away again.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I would require every one of my artists to read the books that are considered canon in order to make accurate representations of my lore in game.

It's like letting a dude that has never read lord of the rings design stuff for the movie.

Well then I'll have to accept the change in eye color, since it's likely not going away again.
    Eye color is probably going to stay, but they better make it glow.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they took the old facial look and combined it with the new body, it'd be flawless.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    If they took the old facial look and combined it with the new body, it'd be flawless.
    I totally agree with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That's the up side of being a fat chick. Bewbs!
    I'd rather my girl be thick than thin. I do love the new Draenei hips, mmmmmmm yum.

- - - Updated - - -

The upper eyelids really do a lot for making the eyes smaller. Blizzard should take note.
    While I agree the eyes need to be narrowed, they don't need to go that far.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    My god OP, I didn't believe them when they said people took full on notes on how their character looked.

New models all look better to me; higher polygon count, 10x better textures, a little googly in the eyes and mouths but overall way better in every way. I think the boobs got smaller though which is whatever I guess.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Deleted
    Hope they will "fix" eyes when they are done with face customizations?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    My god OP, I didn't believe them when they said people took full on notes on how their character looked.

New models all look better to me; higher polygon count, 10x better textures, a little googly in the eyes and mouths but overall way better in every way. I think the boobs got smaller though which is whatever I guess.
    "Other people care about things that I don't care about, and this is somehow wrong!"

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    "Other people care about things that I don't care about, and this is somehow wrong!"
    No no no. I care about the way my character looks... but I don't know how many polygons make up his ass.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Last time Blizzard listened to some smart guy's random ideas, they ruined female worgen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    What irks me most is the arbitrary change in eye color.
    Draenei had white glowing eyes. Why the weird DK-Blue suddenly?
    This is the only thing that bothers me too. And the huge eye size.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Its funny how you don't even notice things like this unless you've had significant time with a char. When I was fucking around on the beta on a draenei I was all *Wow they did such a good job of making this one like the original* after playing around with some of the others.

It's weird how they say they're trying to preserve everything as much as possible and then they go and change some things in ways that are quite obviously not the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    It is worth pointing out that the "glow" is not on the Draenei eyes, and once it is, it will significantly lighten them. Artistically speaking, it's better to have a almost-white or almost-black color instead of using flat white or flat black.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

It looks so much better.

They were weirdly shaped on live. I hope they have better animations. They don't look very confident with their running animation. Very awkward.

Deleted
    New body looks all fine to me but her face looks just awful. I think it could be easily fixed if they make her eyes smaller and give her a better expression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tianae View Post
    New body looks all fine to me but her face looks just awful. I think it could be easily fixed if they make her eyes smaller and give her a better expression.
    Agreed, I too think that the body is fine. I esp like that the tail rings are now objects instead of painted on.
    But lets not forget: Facial rigging (idle animation / standby emotion) is not in yet.

I know it's difficult not to judge and I'm going through a lot of Earl Grey here, but me has to try to be patient with them.. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    They're blue now because that's the color they are in lore. Eyes are too big though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Its funny how you don't even notice things like this unless you've had significant time with a char. When I was fucking around on the beta on a draenei I was all *Wow they did such a good job of making this one like the original* after playing around with some of the others.
    Well I didn't notice the posture change either. But that's probably because it's quite rare that I get to see my priestess w/o robes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    It's probably been mentioned, so I'm sorry if it has, but I'm like 99% sure they un-curved the spine so that shoulders would sit better on female draenei. Since on live, they sit so far back that many clip into each other and have to be downsized.

Although I agree the old ones curve felt a lot better overall.
    If the position of neck/head is adjusted as well, the shoulders would likely have to tilt back a little bit, but not nearly as extreme as on the old model (where that was often a pain, I agree). On the other hand, the downscaled models for shoulder armour actually made a lot of pieces look reasonable on female Draenei that looked ridiculous with most other races, so I would be totally fine with keeping some of that

They're blue now because that's the color they are in lore. Eyes are too big though.
    Draenei female's eyes on live are blue-shaded as well. Though they also change with skin colour (most notable with the darker tones), so there may be one or two options that turn the eyes completely white.
    Last edited by mmoc317a2b21b2; 2014-07-25 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Added additional response