Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    well, there's the fact that i've worked hard and paid real money for my flying mounts. there's also the fact that this is just some artificial time increasing bullshit for their lazy asses.

I say allow flying at level 100 and increase flight speed to 350%.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Not mad about it, really.

I mean...if you think about it:

-Yes..there is no flying until max level (just like Vanilla, TBC, WotLK and MoP)
    -Yes...there is currently no plan to fly until 6.1 (but really, neither ToT ot TI allowed flying..."endgame" daily content in MoP for T 15 and T 16)
    Wotlk had flying at 77

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Except you can still use all mounts in Draenor on the beta server. So, no, not really.
    Also, druid travel forms are being condensed in one button, and it'll pick the form most appropriate to your current location. You know what I have seen people complain about regarding this? That it'll shift them into flight form when they are in Orgrimmar, when they want to shift to stag form. Crazy right?
    And there's a glyph to undo that. You also ignored that I will not be able to use Flight Form in Draenor. I LOSE a capability of my character. And fuck using flying mounts as ground mounts, that's ridiculous. It's doubly ridiculous since some people paid Blizzard real money to be able to use those mounts to fly.
    Except it isn't. Please stop you're only making a fool out of yourself.
    Oh fuck off. Differing opinions don't make me a fool. You're just a whiny git who thinks everyone has to play the way you want them to. You're also a fucking hypocrite who wants flying removed but if it's there, you fly. Not a choice? Bullshit. You can choose to use whatever mount you want. You just have no self-control.
    Last edited by clevin; 2014-08-17 at 12:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    Could you explain how it isn't a choice? You have ground mounts and flying mounts, you choose to fly because it's faster and more efficient, yes? You have made the choice to play more efficiently, if you really really wanted only ground mounts you would choose to not use your flying mounts at all.
    See the post. I've edited it. Anyone who doesn't use flying as of now, is an idiot. Because it is the most efficient means of travel. Why would you arbitrarily restrict yourself?

Look, it seems as you don't bloody well read my arguments as to why the removal of flying is for the benefit of the game.
    Read those again, then come back to me. I don't really really adore ground mounts and want to use them. I see flying in it's current form as a detriment to the game.
    Two different things. TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And there's a glyph to undo that. You also ignored that I will not be able to use Flight Form in Draenor. I LOSE a capability of my character. And fuck using flying mounts as ground mounts, that's ridiculous. It's doubly ridiculous since some people paid Blizzard real money to be able to use those mounts to fly.
    You've paid real money for the visual of the mount. I hope you're aware that a mount from the store is akin as a bloody skin in a MOBA game. It doesn't offer you any additional functionality that the ones earned in game don't have. They're cosmetic items. If you didn't pay for the riding skill in game, you still wouldn't be able to fly on them.
    So that's a moot point.

Also, hypocrite? Funny man. Read my arguments again as to why I see the removal of flying beneficial to the game as a whole. That might broaden your horizons.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2014-08-17 at 12:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care that there won't be flying, all it means to me is I get to ass fuck some alliance players along the way and they have less chance of escape.

oh yeah, there's also a key component of being a druid of the talon completely being fucked. have fun role players.

See the post. I've edited it. Anyone who doesn't use flying as of now, is an idiot. Because it is the most efficient means of travel. Why would you arbitrarily restrict yourself?
    t.
    So you put great emphasis on exploration value and immersion, yet can't comprehend when people do just that because if they don't fly if they can, they're idiots?

That's very odd. What is there that is SO important to hurry for that using a ground mount for example to see the ground view of an area is to be considered idiotic?

Hate picking up useless trash etc. Look at isle of thunder. Its a fucking PAIN_

No flight could work but blizzard is either lazy or to intellectually/creatively bankrupt to do it.

When all the non instanced max level content is consumed (maybe 3 weeks after) you are left with dailies (now weekly), gathering, pet battles, archeology, fishing etc etc... all very tedious tasks that w/flight were much less tedious. W/out flight they will be more tedious at best a chore at worst.

A anti flight person in a previous thread talked about how he got all the MoP archeology achievements. When asked if he would have done it w/out flight his answer was "Hell No". Now that is a anti flight person .. how do you think a pro flight person would approach it.

Unless you have such a raging hard on (depriving your brain of oxygen) for dreams of WPVP (that won't happen), it doesn't take rocket science to see this is a bad idea.

Removal of flight adds NOTHING to the game.

It is a choice made by the devs to benefit themselves and the bottom line, but you still have player championing it.
    Last edited by Maneo; 2014-08-17 at 01:07 AM.

I see flying in it's current form as a detriment to the game.
    Ok, and I don't, so all we are left with is two different opinions. Blizzard may be going with what you like right now, but they will just as easily turn on you in a second if they think they'll make more money.

Also, you don't own the definition of immersion. I do not feel immersed when flying is restricted. It breaks immersion for me because it's not logical that my character can no longer fly. It's not logical that a mount with wings refuses to take off into the sky and just runs around on the ground looking pathetic and sad with its wings dragging along the ground. For me it's not logical or immersive when a DRAGON IN A FANTASY GAME CANNOT FLY!

I'm not.

It's awesome.

Flying was a big mistake in the first place, and Blizzard is now silently admitting that by introducing all those no-fly zones, and now the whole expansion.
    Bigger than Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    Personally, I'm not mad about it. I'm actually really looking forward to not flying.

But, I can totally understand why some people would be upset. It's a preference thing, and not everyone has to feel the same way about it. They do have to accept it though (or at least give it a fair chance).
    See the thing is I feel I've given Blizzard plenty of chances with content that doesn't allow flying - and in the end, I disliked pretty much every iteration. In 8 or 9 years I found one area tolerable. One. Isle of Quel'danas. That was how many years ago? Seven years? So I will not be giving it a "fair chance" because it costs me money to do so and I've given Blizzard enough chances on "no fly" content. I am "accepting" it by choosing not to financially support it. I may or not resub if flying comes back because the way they have handled this has really given me a sour feeling about Blizzard in general.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, there's the fact that i've worked hard and paid real money for my flying mounts. there's also the fact that this is just some artificial time increasing bullshit for their lazy asses.
    The tinfoil hat syndrome is strong with you. No large company in the world gives a shit on how hard you worked for your money. Almost everyone in the world ''works hard for their money'' so using it as a defense is laughable. Also the last thing there doing right now is being lazy..There pumping out content on all cylinders (WoD, HoTS, Starcraft Expansion, Already working on next WoW expansion, No doubt development is on the way for new Hearthstone expansion..Probably going to hear at Blizzcon another 1 or 2 other things there coming out with. Laziness effects revenue.....They never have been lazy and never will be. That's about 1 fact out of 10 others, but i'll stop here...Go back to your tinfoil room and close the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Djolisimo View Post
    I'm not.

It's awesome.

Flying was a big mistake in the first place, and Blizzard is now silently admitting that by introducing all those no-fly zones, and now the whole expansion.
    Really what does it add you still have LFR/LFD and battle ground ques .. Once the max level content is consumed (3 weeks) people will have zero reason to be out in the world. Dailies (weekly) archeology, gathering, etc etc all tedious tasks with flight. Made significantly more tedious at best a chore at wost with the removal of flight.

Basically Blizz is adding fuel to the fire for the world of quecraft.

I have serioulsy come to the conclusion that most the people that are anti flight are those gankers we all love.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Really what does it add you still have LFR/LFD and battle ground ques .. Once the max level content is consumed (3 weeks) people will have zero reason to be out in the world. Dailies (weekly) archeology, gathering, etc etc all tedious tasks with flight. Made significantly more tedious at best a chore at wost with the removal of flight.

Basically Blizz is adding fuel to the fire for the world of quecraft.

I have serioulsy come to the conclusion that most the people that are anti flight are those gankers we all love.
    People still go by the logic that removed features will motivate people to go out into the world moreso than worthwhile content.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I may or not resub if flying comes back because the way they have handled this has really given me a sour feeling about Blizzard in general.
    Same here it was handled really poorly. Selling a mount at the Blizzard store that is supposed to originate from WoD that won't be able to fly there, and the collectors edition coming with a mount that can't fly there.

I swear blizzard is just trying to be douche bags now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    People still go by the logic that removed features will motivate people to go out into the world moreso than worthwhile content.
    Or they just buy into whatever PR BS feeds them. That is why they are called sheeple.

You want to know why Blizz is removing flight?

Bashiok said it and had it promptly removed. "To slow down how fast we consume content". This isn't being done for the players this is being done for the devs.

Edit: Also, flying has not been in the game for 8 years. Please refrain from stating incorrect shit.
    It has been in the game for exactly 7 years, 7 months, and 2 days, as of today, August 17, 2014 (release date January 15, 2007).

OH NOES, he was off by 5 months minus two days! TEH HORROR!!!!11111!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because flying ruins the game, right? You BELIEVE that, right?

Look, it seems as you don't bloody well read my arguments as to why the removal of flying is for the benefit of the game.
    Read those again, then come back to me. I don't really really adore ground mounts and want to use them. I see flying in it's current form as a detriment to the game.
    Two different things. TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.
    Your arguments are BS. Even if you've played since day 1 you've played a game that's had flying for 80% of its life. Flying ruined the game when it was introduced SO MUCH that WoW has only survived the 8 years since then with 7 million subs.

You've paid real money for the visual of the mount. I hope you're aware that a mount from the store is akin as a bloody skin in a MOBA game. It doesn't offer you any additional functionality that the ones earned in game don't have. They're cosmetic items. If you didn't pay for the riding skill in game, you still wouldn't be able to fly on them.
    So that's a moot point.
    You utterly miss the point that Blizzard sold flying mounts for real money. "here, have this cool looking mount, for only $25" and now the people who gave them cash can't use them in current content. Yes, I know they're cosmetic. No, I didn't buy any. Neither point is germane to my argument.
    Also, hypocrite? Funny man. Read my arguments again as to why I see the removal of flying beneficial to the game as a whole. That might broaden your horizons.
    Yes, hypocrite. You strongly believe flying is bad...and fly everywhere.

Probably should just post comments here

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-xpac/page824

Since this thread will probably get shut down. No real need to have multiple threads... Not like Blizzard gives a shit anyways.